#121 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:27 PM

That's pretty easy to say, when many times you avoid succinctly stating what your position is.

Yeah, dude… with The Wall ™️ I genuinely don’t understand what exactly your position is. I get the opinions you’ve made on it, but not what you’re implying it means? Yea, they didn’t put much emphasis on a grand big announcement and dog and pony show, what does that mean to you? Say it with your chest.

#122 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,814 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 05:21 PM

BTW would still love to know what the big news or big changes are that will be coming in the next 2- 3 weeks is it now?? If you dont want to explain it to me you can do it for the other posters here. Some of which asked you to elaborate when you said it.

I mean, you aren't really one to talk on this one. You all but guaranteed that something significant would happen around the time of the winter meetings. Not sure this is something either one of you should be bumping chests over.

#123 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 05:30 PM

Wtf are you guys on about. I have no inside info or ever claimed it. I predicted we would make a signing. I had no one specific in mind. I was being positive. I was wrong. There is nothing more to it. Ill make sure to note every time someone has a thought that is wrong around here. It will probably take 3 or 4 hours a day to point out all the ones that are wrong each day.

#124 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,814 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 07:44 PM

Did Dude ever claim to have inside knowledge or an inside source? I wouldn't know; most of his posts are way too long and I tend to just skim over them.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#125 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 07:50 PM

Did Dude ever claim to have inside knowledge or an inside source? I wouldn't know; most of his posts are way too long and I tend to just skim over them.

No.

Many years ago, I was part of 2 of the 3 Flanny dinners.  Mike and Alex were very gracious in those opportunities.  I had some secondary opportunities generally related to that.  Some of those were pretty unique....but I never used an 'inside source' for anything, that wasn't where things were.  I have zero current access.

#126 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 08:15 PM

I mean if you cant tell the difference between his consistently cryptic posts vs a positive prediction post to offset all the negativity I cant help you. I also  have never said nor have I ever thought dude has any inside info. That part is pretty obvious.

For the most part you guys have chased off one of the best posters around here in Phelan with the constant negativity.  I dont know that for a fact. Im speculating and if IM wrong Bob can correct me. 

#127 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 10:43 PM

I mean if you cant tell the difference between his consistently cryptic posts vs a positive prediction post to offset all the negativity I cant help you. I also  have never said nor have I ever thought dude has any inside info. That part is pretty obvious.

Your analysis is staggering.  Hopefully you aren't involved in public safety.

#128 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 11:33 PM

Your analysis is staggering. Hopefully you aren't involved in public safety.

Instead of responding to me why dont you stop ignoring the people asking you to explain your takes.

#129 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:31 AM

Instead of responding to me why dont you stop ignoring the people asking you to explain your takes.

I've said this before and I guess I'll say it again.  No. It's not because i can't, because I could, but it could have endless discussion (see Wall thread) or anything else [controversial] that people like to pile on and I think much of the discussion is generally tasteless and the better way to stay off it is be less direct.  I think some of it would be a poor look for this site and regardless of his opinion of me, I do have respect for what Chris is doing here. We see more things pointing in these directions (I think) so I don't have reasons to change my opinions now, so <<shrug>> we'll sEve.   

#130 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:35 AM

Literal BS. Calling something BS is common these days. That response is real BS. Then dont post cryptic things.

#131 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:49 AM

Literal BS. Calling something BS is common these days. That response is real BS. Then dont post cryptic things.

I get the impression you are used to these kind of things working.  

#132 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, dude… with The Wall ™️ I genuinely don’t understand what exactly your position is. I get the opinions you’ve made on it, but not what you’re implying it means? Yea, they didn’t put much emphasis on a grand big announcement and dog and pony show, what does that mean to you? Say it with your chest.

Go back to how all of this started.  I don't have anything really to add to the old discussion.  I said I don't think THIS is/was the Mike Elias plan....because I think Mike Elias would have done a good job and this wasn't a good job. See: Bob Ross.   When Mike Elias comes out and says that they want to change things 8 months after completed...uh...why didn't he just do it right the first time?

I'd like to point something out.  You are using the phrase "grand big announcement".  There was no announcement.  None. 

Every single piece of the most reasonable execution path is off.  I don't really care, it just is.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#133 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 09:30 AM

I've said this before and I guess I'll say it again.  No. It's not because i can't, because I could, but it could have endless discussion (see Wall thread) or anything else [controversial] that people like to pile on and I think much of the discussion is generally tasteless and the better way to stay off it is be less direct.  I think some of it would be a poor look for this site and regardless of his opinion of me, I do have respect for what Chris is doing here. We see more things pointing in these directions (I think) so I don't have reasons to change my opinions now, so <<shrug>> we'll sEve.   

Please don't worry about the site.  Just be direct. 

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#134 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 10:03 AM

Please don't worry about the site.  Just be direct. 

While I appreciate that, this is more about my approach.

I will say it's fascinating this is what interests people.

#135 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2022 - 12:22 PM

Go back to how all of this started.  I don't have anything really to add to the old discussion.  I said I don't think THIS is/was the Mike Elias plan....because I think Mike Elias would have done a good job and this wasn't a good job. See: Bob Ross.   When Mike Elias comes out and says that they want to change things 8 months after completed...uh...why didn't he just do it right the first time?

I'd like to point something out.  You are using the phrase "grand big announcement".  There was no announcement.  None. 

Every single piece of the most reasonable execution path is off.  I don't really care, it just is.

Fair enough - I guess I still don't get it though. It was an Angelos decision? Why? And if that is the case, what difference does it make in the end? I guess I'm still missing the big reveal or whatever.

As for your response to Chris above - I think alternate explanations as to what is happening right now are very appealing for sure. I'm incredibly interested on what is really going on behind the scenes. I'd love for what is happening both at the deadline last year, and right now to be due more to ownership change or something along those lines, than Elias stubbornly believing this is the only way.

#136 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 12:25 PM

Dont be cryptic. I have no problem with the 8 player, 3 team trades. No problem with criticism of the Os and tanking. Obviously I disagree and dont think you need to say it constantly but whatever. As Chris said, be direct about the predictions and speculation you have otherwise. Or keep it to yourself.

#137 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 01:05 PM

Fair enough - I guess I still don't get it though. It was an Angelos decision? Why? And if that is the case, what difference does it make in the end? I guess I'm still missing the big reveal or whatever.

I feel like I'm about to use too many words most of which I've already said.  Let me try a short version.

I don't care.  Most of this 'outrage' started when I pointed out the design is "half-baked' and the rollout was terrible.  RichardZ lost his mind.  Many people want to believe that the wall move "proves" (whatever) that Mike Elias was fully in charge or whatever.  My opinion is THIS wasn't Mike Elias and then...80+ pages later.

When Elias suggests, 8 months after completion, that they want to change The WallTM, I think I win on "half-baked". 

Who cares.

MY OPINION is John Angelos submitted it (he's the ONY person who can) with no intention of it getting approved, because if he was really pushing hard for it to get approved, then literally everything up to the point we found out about it AFTER construction started, would be different.  Announcement, timing, resourcing, design, picture, literally everything.  Outside of answering reporters questions on many occasions, Elias' total time investment in THIS rollout from 01 JAN to 5 DEC is the first 2:25 of Zoom call organized after the announcement in the Sun (Ruiz).   I have literally spent more time writing this post.

Why doesn't really matter.  Mike Elias put together an amazing project for the DR facility.  Every single thing they did correctly (basically all of it) there, they did none of it with THIS.  Again...Bob Ross.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#138 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 December 2022 - 01:27 PM

For the most part you guys have chased off one of the best posters around here in Phelan with the constant negativity. I dont know that for a fact. Im speculating and if IM wrong Bob can correct me.

I still read everything but yeah. Save my takes for the podcast and our patron group.

#139 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 December 2022 - 01:57 PM

As for your response to Chris above - I think alternate explanations as to what is happening right now are very appealing for sure. I'm incredibly interested on what is really going on behind the scenes. 

Go back and re-read the PM I sent you on "Control" in August 2021.  There's like 10+ more data points lining up since then.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a fairly simple approach to almost everything.  Follow human nature.  People will tell you who they are.  My contention is there's been one priority since 2018...we've gone from Lunacy to Ridiculous to Whatever to Maybe to Probably.

#140 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 December 2022 - 01:58 PM

For the most part you guys have chased off one of the best posters around here in Phelan with the constant negativity. I dont know that for a fact. Im speculating and if IM wrong Bob can correct me.

That's very unfortunate; however, the negativity you speak of is mostly fair analysis. Y'all should blame Elias and ownership for the negativity, because they've earned it.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=