#801 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:47 PM

Get a grip. Am I supposed to be all sunshine and farts because of PFF grades? I have eyes and the current product is not good enough to win a championship. They haven't put together 4 good quarters of football this year. Not once.

There are some "ifs" in there. If Stanley and Dobbins get healthy on offense and Williams and Hamilton come back on defense, maybe they can find some consistency.

They're a solid team, a playoff caliber team but they're absolutely a rung below the likes of Buffalo, KC and Miami. If you don't see that, you're kidding yourself.

That if middle paragraph is key. Of course, these last two seasons have me (us?) Worried that other injuries are just waiting for those guys to return. Ugh.

#802 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,601 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:48 PM

I don't have any hope in Dobbins being productive the rest of the season. Maybe Stanley will return eventually.

#803 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:49 PM

Vegas has them as the 5th fav to win it all but sure we are pretenders. Choose to fade them if you want. Are they the favorites. Nope. Are they a prentender. Again GTFO

9th favorite according to FanDuel. Facts. Tied for 4th favorite in the AFC behind Buffalo, KC, Miami and tied with Cincy.

There is nothing wrong with the opinion that they need to improve if they want to make a deep January run.
  • bmore_ken and JStruds like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#804 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:52 PM

https://twitter.com/...6hDEZwj91g&s=19

What a stupid ass line of questioning. God reporters suck sometimes. What a dbag.

#805 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:53 PM

...But that 2 minute defense was terrible. They just allowed too many big chunk plays on that drive.

Yes they did. And they allowed all those chunk plays because of SCHEME called by the coaching staff. Coaching strategy / decisions directly led to the Jags walking down the field like that.

#806 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:53 PM

9th favorite according to FanDuel. Facts. Tied for 4th favorite in the AFC behind Buffalo, KC, Miami and tied with Cincy.

There is nothing wrong with the opinion that they need to improve if they want to make a deep January run.

Knock it off. They were 5th entering this week at DK. If they are 9th now its because of the loss combined with the Cincy win that males the division less likely of being won.

#807 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:54 PM

Already decided to take the Den game off. This one just pushed me over the edge after after the 3 earlier this year. Have been great at managing the stress and blood pressure. This one I still cant even begin to calm down yet. Its been an hour now. They broke me today

Take care of yourself. It happens. Fortunately they have a light schedule and IMO, heart. They will rebound.

#808 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:58 PM

Really... think about it, in the Miami game where they had a 21 point lead and only had to burn clock, they played risky coverages and invited Miami to score quickly multiple times (the ONLY way the had a chance to win). Then today leading by only 7 (that's a one score game) the staff has the DBs playing a mile off the line of scrimmage from 3rd and 21. They might as well have held the Jags hand and walked them down to the redzone with that.

#809 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:59 PM

Take care of yourself. It happens. Fortunately they have a light schedule and IMO, heart. They will rebound.

Division games are gonna be tough regardless. Yeah, I appreciate it and I apologize for coming in hard on some of you. When I say this game broke me Im not exaggerating. Havent been this triggered by sports or in general in a long time

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#810 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:04 PM

I have eyes and the current product is not good enough to win a championship.

Does it really matter if they aren't good enough today? I'd certainly prefer if they were, that'd give me more confidence that they'll get good enough come playoff time. But I can see the path to them getting good enough. Lamar goes on a heater, key guys get healthy, and avoid any other major injuries. Any of these could not pan out and the team get eliminated quickly. But I think it's a realistic enough path to remain interesting.

If there were serious playoff doubts I'd be panicking, but I think it would take a total collapse to lose the division, even though it is tied right now.

#811 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:06 PM

Division games are gonna be tough regardless. Yeah, I appreciate it and I apologize for coming in hard on some of you. When I say this game broke me Im not exaggerating. Havent been this triggered by sports or in general in a long time

I truly love Lamar, I don’t want to be right. I was starting to get bullish on this defense, so I really hated seeing this. Hamilton was clearly a big part of their turnaround. Sucks. Miserable loss. They need to be better. Also, gambling sucks lol. Just use the free money they’re giving us and move on.

#812 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:07 PM

Does it really matter if they aren't good enough today? I'd certainly prefer if they were, that'd give me more confidence that they'll get good enough come playoff time. But I can see the path to them getting good enough. Lamar goes on a heater, key guys get healthy, and avoid any other major injuries. Any of these could not pan out and the team get eliminated quickly. But I think it's a realistic enough path to remain interesting.

If there were serious playoff doubts I'd be panicking, but I think it would take a total collapse to lose the division, even though it is tied right now.

I mean are they not good enough today. Look it sucks how theyve lost every game so far this year and I mean its a concern but there is no reason for me to believe if they had to go into KC or Buf or anywhere else next week that they wont be in contention late. Everything so far says they will be. You get to the 4th Q in a tight game anything can happen.

#813 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:07 PM

Agreed. Too early to give up. Not looking great though, in terms of reaching the ultimate goal.

#814 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,601 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, just as the defense looks like they've turned a corner, we get a performance like this.

I haven't been as disappointed in a Ravens player ever as much as I am of Oweh. I had big year 2 hopes and he's basically non existent.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#815 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:09 PM

I truly love Lamar, I don’t want to be right. I was starting to get bullish on this defense, so I really hated seeing this. Hamilton was clearly a big part of their turnaround. Sucks. Miserable loss. They need to be better. Also, gambling sucks lol. Just use the free money they’re giving us and move on.

Ha. Yeah I mooched all the free money. Look for more opportunities where the books give me good value. Took the Nuggets the other night on a 100% win boost. Stay away from the parlay boosts/promos. Most are trash. 

#816 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:10 PM

Ha. Yeah I mooched all the free money. Look for more opportunities where the books give me good value. Took the Nuggets the other night on a 100% win boost. Stay away from the parlay boosts/promos. Most are trash.

This isn’t really true.

Also I am 7-1 betting college hoops this year. Purdue +1.5 today.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#817 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:16 PM

This isn’t really true.

Also I am 7-1 betting college hoops this year. Purdue +1.5 today.

IM listening. As to why it isnt true. Im just one that doesnt believe in betting a lot of parlays. But again ill listen

#818 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:18 PM

IM listening. As to why it isnt true. Im just one that doesnt believe in betting a lot of parlays. But again ill listen

All ya gotta do is follow the promo guy on twitter. He tweets out when a promo is a must bet and, I gotta say, he’s right a lot more than he’s wrong.

Some of them are def trash but a lot have good/great value.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#819 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:19 PM

What a stupid ass line of questioning. God reporters suck sometimes. What a dbag.

I love the honest answer from Lamar. I also love that he isn't pouting or acting like someone died. It's a pet peave of mine when reporters are all hush toned like someone just died and players act like babies. It's a game. Someone has to lose and the other team is professionally aid just like you. Get over it, get better, and move on.

#820 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:19 PM

All ya gotta do is follow the promo guy on twitter. He tweets out when a promo is a must bet and, I gotta say, he’s right a lot more than he’s wrong.

Some of them are def trash but a lot have good/great value.

fair enough. Is his name "the promo guy"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=