858 replies to this topic

#761 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:03 PM

Good teams don't blow 4th quarter leads with regularity. Good teams don't blow 21 point leads at home. Good teams don't let a 3-7 go the length of the field while getting out of 3rd and forever hole.

Are they "capable" of winning a SB? If they make the playoffs, technically yes. Do you think they can hang with Miami, KC or Buffalo in January? I wouldn't bet on them. I'll root like hell but ignore the evidence in front of me.

Lol at not hanging with those teams when theyve already hung with 2 of them this year. 

#762 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:03 PM

Lol at not hanging with those teams when theyve already hung with 2 of them this year.

Lol all you want but they lost to both of those teams at home.

But change my mind. What makes you believe the Ravens are truly a Super Bowl contender? I see a decent to solid team but they seem to shrink when the moment gets big but I'm open to open to hearing a cogent argument the other way.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#763 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:04 PM

It's incredible to me how incapable you are of acknowledging that Lamar has plenty to be critical of.

The D sucked today, but the offense wasn't, and hasn't been, all that good. They turn any of those field goals into a td and they're winning.

Outside of the missed throw to Robinson early, what exactly is there to be critical of Lamar?

Not generalizations. Not just saying they needed TD's. Real examples of plays where Lamar specifically cost us. He had 2 dropped TD's, that he delivered right to the hands of his receiver. He ran when he had the chance. He didn't make any dumb passes. He didn't take any unnecessary sacks. He only really missed on 2 passes that I can remember.

Incredible how you try and manufacture things in your head, just to try and justify your stance on Lamar.

#764 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:05 PM

7-4 leading the division despite the choke jobs. Calling them a pretender is just insanely stupid.

They aren't beating Kansas City or Buffalo. Miami would probably torch them again. I'd doubt their chances against Tennessee and Cincinnati again. They may make the playoffs, but they don't have it.

#765 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:05 PM

This team this year is capable of winning the SB. Calling them pretenders is stupid considering weve had big leads in the 4th evwey single week. Every single week!. But sure we are pretenders. GTFO

But if you can’t hold the lead it doesn’t matter.

They are capable. They aren’t pretenders. But it doesn’t look likely. They made TLaw look Ike Mahomes today. 29/37 329, 3/0. ETN was a non factor and they really limited Christian Kirk…and they still couldn’t win. Last week it was cold so the offense couldn’t move. Now in ideal conditions the defense can’t finish. In January you have to be able to play in the cold, and finish.
  • PrimeTime and bmore_ken like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#766 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

Vegas has them as the 5th fav to win it all but sure we are pretenders. Choose to fade them if you want. Are they the favorites. Nope. Are they a prentender. Again GTFO

#767 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

7-4 leading the division despite the choke jobs. Calling them a pretender is just insanely stupid.

We’ll see.

#768 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:09 PM

Another downfield pass that misses by 5 yards. Anyone questioning Lamar on anything over 20 yards is absolutely justified in their criticisms. He is absolutely atrocious on his downfield accuracy.

#769 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:10 PM

Vegas has them as the 5th fav to win it all but sure we are pretenders. Choose to fade them if you want. Are they the favorites. Nope. Are they a prentender. Again GTFO

Again, give me a logical argument to support your conclusion. I don't want to hear about our record.

We've got as easy of a schedule as you can have down the stretch and so far we've struggled to beat the lowly Panthers and let Trevor Lawrence go the length of the field to beat us.

Since week 4, the passing game has been mediocre at best, the passing defense is still suspect and when it matters, to quote Chris McAllister, we fold up like a baby.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#770 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

That was on Oliver more so than Lamar.

When Lamar threw the ball the clock was between 6 and 5 seconds.  At that point you weren't going to get a second play so Oliver needs to get as many yards as he can, get down, and get a TO.  Not saying it was all Lamar, the play call itself was a long developing one so they needed to make sure that ball is caught in Tucker range.  Either run a 1 step quick hit that maybe leaves you 5-6 seconds for play number two, or complete one inside of Tucker's range.  That play did neither.  They wouldn't have even had a FG shot that good if Oliver didn't get those yards after the catch.  

• SouthRider likes this

#771 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

But if you can’t hold the lead it doesn’t matter.

They are capable. They aren’t pretenders. But it doesn’t look likely. They made TLaw look Ike Mahomes today. 29/37 329, 3/0. ETN was a non factor and they really limited Christian Kirk…and they still couldn’t win. Last week it was cold so the offense couldn’t move. Now in ideal conditions the defense can’t finish. In January you have to be able to play in the cold, and finish.

We were also missing Hamilton, Williams, and for part of the game, Humphrey. That makes a huge difference. But Macdonald needs to make a change to how he calls a game late with a lead.

#772 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Lawrence showing Lamar how to hit an open receiver downfield as well. Getting sick and tired of seeing an open receiver downfield, only for Lamar to overthrow him by 5 yards.

#773 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:11 PM

3rd and 21.... when they got the first down after that it was over.
  • bmore_ken and JStruds like this

#774 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:11 PM

Droped Int, cant recover a fumble, cant stop a 3rd and 21. Just unfreaking real how they just dont close these games. Literally snatch defeat from the jaws of victory all year. And we got idiots who want to put it on our stud QB.

With all due respect our stud qb continues to overthrow open receivers and didn't get it done in the red zone. 

#775 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:12 PM

Ive compared this team to 2012 before. Not an apples to apples comparision mind you. Not saying Lamar is going to go Joe Montana in the playoffs like Joe. But that team dealt with a ot of adversity throughout the year.  Adversity can harden you. THis team could easily be 10-1 right now and at that point they would prob be feeling themselves too much because we all see the flaws they need to improve on. Would I take being in the catbirds seat for the #1 seed a bye and homefield. Yes, but they might be overconfident at that point. As long as they can hold on and win the division Im fine with being the 3 seed

#776 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:13 PM

Lawrence showing Lamar how to hit an open receiver downfield as well. Getting sick and tired of seeing an open receiver downfield, only for Lamar to overthrow him by 5 yards.

Yeah. I brought that up in my post. He missed 2 throws. I've been pretty consistent in my criticism of his downfield ability all season. After his missed pass to Robinson, which I stated in my post saying outside of that, and one other throw, that you ignorantly chose to ignore, what was their to be critical of?

That's one play. Even Mahomes makes one bad play a game.

#777 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:14 PM

Again, give me a logical argument to support your conclusion. I don't want to hear about our record.

We've got as easy of a schedule as you can have down the stretch and so far we've struggled to beat the lowly Panthers and let Trevor Lawrence go the length of the field to beat us.

Since week 4, the passing game has been mediocre at best, the passing defense is still suspect and when it matters, to quote Chris McAllister, we fold up like a baby.

Guess I gotta go back to my go to. PFF has them pegged better than you all do. I just dont know what more to say if you believe they cant hang with the elites in this league. They havent not hung all year. In fact theyve controlled games most of the year. By far has lead the most min in the leauge. SO dwell on the collapses I guess. Do you 

#778 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:16 PM

With all due respect our stud qb continues to overthrow open receivers and didn't get it done in the red zone.

He overthrew 2 passes. One he had to put high to put it over a defender. He also put the ball in his receivers hands multiple times, for then to drop easy catches, right in their hands.

I have no problem criticizing Lamars downfield passing. He's very inaccurate there. But outside of the pass to Robinson, and Oliver, what other bad passes did he have today?

#779 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:19 PM

Why Jacksonville didn't kick it deep is beyond me. But that play needed to happen quicker.

Probably because they knew it would burn more clock...

#780 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:19 PM

Lamar wasn't great, to be sure, but he was pretty damn clutch in the fourth quarter. And unless he's suddenly become a two-way player, I don't recall seeing him out there on defense when the Jaguars went down the field on their winning drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=