858 replies to this topic

#781 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:22 PM

Again, give me a logical argument to support your conclusion. I don't want to hear about our record.

We've got as easy of a schedule as you can have down the stretch and so far we've struggled to beat the lowly Panthers and let Trevor Lawrence go the length of the field to beat us.

Since week 4, the passing game has been mediocre at best, the passing defense is still suspect and when it matters, to quote Chris McAllister, we fold up like a baby.

We'll need to see better performance for them to make a run. Between health and simple better execution, that's the path.

How likely that is to happen is anyone's guess. I'd certainly put it at under a coin toss. But the schedule should allow to back into a good situation. So there really is a lot of margin for error. But eventually you do have to just flat out play well. The longer you go without seeing that, the less likely it feels that you'll ever find it. I do think it's in there. Not optimistic it reveals itself in the playoffs.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#782 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

3rd and 21.... when they got the first down after that it was over.

Easier to convert from there when the staff has all the DBs playing 10 yards off the LOS

#783 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,359 posts

He overthrew 2 passes. One he had to put high to put it over a defender. He also put the ball in his receivers hands multiple times, for then to drop easy catches, right in their hands.

I have no problem criticizing Lamars downfield passing. He's very inaccurate there. But outside of the pass to Robinson, and Oliver, what other bad passes did he have today?

SOme of these jokers dont get that guys like Mahomes arent perfect and dont hit every throw and convert every drive into a TD. Its sickening how much criticism Lamar takes around here. He essentially missed one throw. today. He had no less than 5 drops. 2 of which were in the redzone by Robinson and Andrews. He still put up 254 and a TD and 90 on the ground and a half yard short of another TD. He willed this team so freaking much the last 2 or 3 drives in this game not including the last 10 sec obviously. Big boy runs. Big boy throws. Like all him and he gets no credit. As elite as you can get the 2nd half. ALl without the best LT in football. His starting #1 WR at the begining of the year. Gus 1st game back and fumbling on him btw. Im  sick that this win was stolen from him and I have to deal with flat out idiots cherry picking criticisms today to fit their narrative

#784 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:24 PM

Lamar wasn't great, to be sure, but he was pretty damn clutch in the fourth quarter. And unless he's suddenly become a two-way player, I don't recall seeing him out there on defense when the Jaguars went down the field on their winning drive.

Can't argue with that, but prior to the 4th quarter, turn one of those FGs into a TD and they win. They didn't get it done in the red zone today. 

#785 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:24 PM

6 catches by WRs today. Duvernay with 3, Jackson with 2, and Robinson with one.

EDC should be ashamed.

#786 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:26 PM

Seriously f you haters. Gus fumbles on him. Drake drops a 5 yard pass in his breadbasket. Mekari holds and makes it 2nd and 20 and he steps up and puts one on Jackson 60 yards down the field. THen finishes the drive. THese idiots they have around him try to hold him back all game long and all he does is overcome. And dummies here and sports talk and everywhere else dont recognize it. Stop watching football. Im begging you

#787 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:27 PM

What I’m really upset about is Tucker breaking his 4thQ/OT streak on a kick he shouldn’t even have had to attempt.
  • PrimeTime and JStruds like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#788 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:28 PM

Seriously f you haters. Gus fumbles on him. Drake drops a 5 yard pass in his breadbasket. Mekari holds and makes it 2nd and 20 and he steps up and puts one on Jackson 60 yards down the field. THen finishes the drive. THese idiots they have around him try to hold him back all game long and all he does is overcome. And dummies here and sports talk and everywhere else dont recognize it. Stop watching football. Im begging you

Bro we get it. Chill.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#789 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:29 PM

Bro we get it. Chill.

No chill right now. Not even close.

#790 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:32 PM

No.

#791 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:33 PM

No chill right now. Not even close.

It's a game that has no affect on our real lives. Don't kill yourself, man. Lamar don't care that much about what you feel for him.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#792 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:36 PM

I think there's enough blame to go around.  It's easy to blame the defense because, yeah, they looked lost trying to stop the Jacksonville offense when everyone in the world new they had to throw the ball.  But let's not forget that the Ravens pretty much dominated the first 3 quarters and had only 4 FGs to show for it.  

But that 2 minute defense was terrible.  They just allowed too many big chunk plays on that drive.  

#793 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:36 PM

https://twitter.com/...6hDEZwj91g&s=19

#794 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:37 PM

It's a game that has no affect on our real lives. Don't kill yourself, man. Lamar don't care that much about what you feel for him.

Already decided to take the Den game off. This one just pushed me over the edge after after the 3 earlier this year. Have been great at managing the stress and blood pressure. This one I still cant even begin to calm down yet. Its been an hour now. They broke me today
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#795 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:38 PM

Already decided to take the Den game off. This one just pushed me over the edge after after the 3 earlier this year. Have been great at managing the stress and blood pressure. This one I still cant even begin to calm down yet. Its been an hour now. They broke me today

Soft
@BSLMikeRandall

#796 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:39 PM

We get more pissed about it than they do when they lose and it's their profession. It's just entertainment for us. I try to keep that perspective and limit my pissed off time to about 15 minutes. I'm good now.

#797 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,359 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:40 PM

Soft

I guess so

#798 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:42 PM

I think Slide has been replaced.
@BSLMikeRandall

#799 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:43 PM

Get a grip. Am I supposed to be all sunshine and farts because of PFF grades? I have eyes and the current product is not good enough to win a championship. They haven't put together 4 good quarters of football this year. Not once.

There are some "ifs" in there. If Stanley and Dobbins get healthy on offense and Williams and Hamilton come back on defense, maybe they can find some consistency.

They're a solid team, a playoff caliber team but they're absolutely a rung below the likes of Buffalo, KC and Miami. If you don't see that, you're kidding yourself.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#800 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:43 PM

I think there's enough blame to go around. It's easy to blame the defense because, yeah, they looked lost trying to stop the Jacksonville offense when everyone in the world new they had to throw the ball. But let's not forget that the Ravens pretty much dominated the first 3 quarters and had only 4 FGs to show for it.

But that 2 minute defense was terrible. They just allowed too many big chunk plays on that drive.

It's almost never one player, one squad, or one play. Even though it's never safe to assume everything else that followed would be the same, a missed play in the 1st Qtr may be as liable as the defensive letdown at the end.

Hell, let's blame this loss on that odd re-spot of the ball after Lamar apparently had a first down in quarter 2. That was just as costly as just about any other element in this game.
  • cprenegade and mdrunning like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=