#821 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:21 PM

fair enough. Is his name "the promo guy"?

@thepromoguy123
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#822 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:22 PM

For example. He will tweet a promo that pays +300
But hits 40% of the time. Even if it loses (and odds say it will) you’re getting good value for your dollar.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#823 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:24 PM

I love the honest answer from Lamar. I also love that he isn't pouting or acting like someone died. It's a pet peave of mine when reporters are all hush toned like someone just died and players act like babies. It's a game. Someone has to lose and the other team is professionally aid just like you. Get over it, get better, and move on.

There is nothing to complain about RE: Lamar as a human and his character. Don’t like this dbag picking on him like that. It’s bush league nonsense.

#824 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:25 PM

*typical journalism major in 2022. Asking the tough questions.

#825 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Out of likes but thanks Pedro.

#826 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Yeah, just as the defense looks like they've turned a corner, we get a performance like this.

I haven't been as disappointed in a Ravens player ever as much as I am of Oweh. I had big year 2 hopes and he's basically non existent.

Especially after all the pre season hype. His "freakish" athleticism hasn't paid off in real game play. Hopefully his HS teammate Ojabo does turn out to be the guy we hope he is.

#827 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:29 PM

Especially after all the pre season hype. His "freakish" athleticism hasn't paid off in real game play. Hopefully his HS teammate Ojabo does turn out to be the guy we hope he is.

He looked 100x better last year. He was making plays, showing great promise. Year 2 and he's a ghost. Literally zero impact.

#828 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, just as the defense looks like they've turned a corner, we get a performance like this.

I haven't been as disappointed in a Ravens player ever as much as I am of Oweh. I had big year 2 hopes and he's basically non existent.

The disappearance of Oweh is a massive disappointment. He's a guy that as the tools to be a game wrecker but is simply not producing.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#829 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 06:50 PM

Lamar flying off on Twitter. Guess it's easier said than done to ignore the fan comments.

#830 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 07:00 PM

I think Slide has been replaced.

I think I'm pretty reasonable. :)
  • Mike in STL likes this

#831 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 07:11 PM

At least on here, no one started a Fire (Fill in the Blank) thread.

#832 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 07:22 PM

Lamar flying off on Twitter. Guess it's easier said than done to ignore the fan comments.

I hope the Ravens don’t make him take it down. And frankly, there shouldn’t be some code that because you are famous you can’t fire back at someone who talks directly to you. Tweeting “Lamar Jackson sucks” is different than tweeting “You suck @Lj_era8”. The latter is addressing him directly and should be treated as if it were an in person encounter, making it fair game for the target of the insult to fire back.

I hate keyboard cowards like that virgin who triggered him there.
  • JStruds likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#833 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2022 - 07:56 PM

Just watched the last drive again because I enjoy pain but can anyone justify Harbaugh not calling a timeout prior to the play where Jacksonville's TD was scored? The defense barely got set, there was no pass rush and Lawrence was able to deliver the throw cleanly. With 3 timeouts left and only around 15 seconds left, why not use a TO there and substitute/allow the defense to get set?

At that point, you have to assume every throw is going to the end zone, so you'd need a max of 3 stops. Also, if you sack Lawrence, the game is over. I can't wrap head around not calling timeout there. Even if the worst case scenario occurs(which it did), you only need 1 time out offensively, as you will only have time for 1 play.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and cprenegade like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#834 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 08:37 PM

Just watched the last drive again because I enjoy pain but can anyone justify Harbaugh not calling a timeout prior to the play where Jacksonville's TD was scored? The defense barely got set, there was no pass rush and Lawrence was able to deliver the throw cleanly. With 3 timeouts left and only around 15 seconds left, why not use a TO there and substitute/allow the defense to get set?

At that point, you have to assume every throw is going to the end zone, so you'd need a max of 3 stops. Also, if you sack Lawrence, the game is over. I can't wrap head around not calling timeout there. Even if the worst case scenario occurs(which it did), you only need 1 time out offensively, as you will only have time for 1 play.

Well, I could see Harbaugh saying that since Jax was out of timeouts, he didn't want to give them a free one and let them get a chance to regroup and set up their play.  And there is a part of me that could agree with him on that.

But a bigger part of me would agree that he should have called TO and let his defense regroup, get a rest, and get on the same page as to what they wanted to do.  Especially your pass rushers who had been going at them that whole drive.  Maybe a brief chance to catch their breath and they get to Lawrence before he can get the pass off.  Offenses practice 2 minute drills all the time and they know what they want to do.  A smart DC can see what is going on and adjust his D to match it.  A timeout at that spot helps everyone know what you want to do.  Make sure you've got your best possible defense out there and if they still beat you, so be it.  

John Harbaugh is considered one of the best coaches in the game.  And I have often agreed with that when it comes to preparation and running a program from the infrastructure types of things.  He gets a team ready to play as well as anyone.  Rarely do you look at a game and say the Ravens simply didn't come ready to play.  But I've also said he is average or below average at in game decisions and atrocious at clock management.  And while a smart DC might adjust to what is going on and set a defense to counter it, I've seen enough to believe the Ravens do not have a NFL ready DC.  No matter what happens the rest of the way, I think the brain trust over there at Owings Mills needs to have a meeting to discuss whether they want to move forward with MacDonald after this season.  He just looks overmatched to me.  

#835 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 10:56 PM

3rd and 21 play... where are the DBs?  4 guys for Jax outside the tackles ready to run routes, one DB in the picture.  You're GIVING THEM 10+ yards to make a manageable 4th down.

#836 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 10:56 PM

I hope the Ravens don’t make him take it down. And frankly, there shouldn’t be some code that because you are famous you can’t fire back at someone who talks directly to you. Tweeting “Lamar Jackson sucks” is different than tweeting “You suck @Lj_era8”. The latter is addressing him directly and should be treated as if it were an in person encounter, making it fair game for the target of the insult to fire back.

I hate keyboard cowards like that virgin who triggered him there.

LJ took it down. 

• cprenegade likes this

#837 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 11:00 PM

4th and 5 play... notice "SAFETY" Chuck Clark is blitzing.  The dude at the top of the screen outside of Marlon was an EASY quick conversion if Lawrence goes that way.  Stephens is about 7.5 yards off the LOS at the snap... on 4th and 5.  Not 4th and 15.  4th and FIVE.  The completion goes to that guy, after Stephens also back-peddled at the snap, ending up 10 yards off the LOS.

On 4th and FIVE.

Coaching.  Scheme.

#838 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 11:45 PM

4th and 5 play... notice "SAFETY" Chuck Clark is blitzing. The dude at the top of the screen outside of Marlon was an EASY quick conversion if Lawrence goes that way. Stephens is about 7.5 yards off the LOS at the snap... on 4th and 5. Not 4th and 15. 4th and FIVE. The completion goes to that guy, after Stephens also back-peddled at the snap, ending up 10 yards off the LOS.

On 4th and FIVE.

Coaching. Scheme.

What about the receiver at the top of the screen? I assume that's Peters man. Peters ain't even in the picture.

#839 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 01:24 AM

LJ took it down. 

Not surprised.  You can't let fans get to you that way.  Don't be an AB.  The guy that started it was an A-hole for sure, but you can't lower yourself to that level.  I think it would have been ok to respond, but without the vulgarity.  Like he did earlier when he responded to someone by saying, "You no love Lamar."  It's hard in today's social media world.  I'm sure the press guys that the Raven's employ were all over that and telling LJ to take it down.  Especially when it was picked up by CBS Sports!

#840 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 04:49 AM

I think John Means'wife said it best. I'm paraphrasing "There is no bigger waste of time than arguing with strangers on twitter."
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=