HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:30 PM

That’s hardly the issue, IMO.

1. Shouldn’t have been in that spot.
2. If you strip the ball, they don’t get the chip shot FG for the win.
3. The Bills know the situation. Singletary takes a knee if the Ravens stood still.

All the blame should be placed on Harbaugh. Not on Oweh. This was an avoidable situation they were in.

Oweh only gets blame for that particular play. It may not be his fault for being in that spot but it's his fault for making the wrong decision when there. He's a big dude, he can pick Singletary up and carry him to the end zone. He sure didn't look like he was going for a strip there, though I'm willing to be proven wrong.

#722 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:33 PM

Lots of blame to pass around.

Offense scores zero points in 2d half. Lamar was off that half.
Queen misses multiple tackles and drops a sure Int.
Questionable officiating, especially from the same guy who called an iffy OPI on Andrews and let go an obvious PI on the Bills. That missed call led to both Queen's drop and a Buff TD whereas if it was called, worst case the Ravens run out the 1st half clock.
Harbs gambling mentality and to a lesser extent DD's failure to go to the ball.
Failure to bring Allen down in a few big moments.

What did I miss?

#723 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:35 PM

I'll say this, buffalo's defense is really good. They had everything covered in the 2nd half, and then when Lamar took the dump off they closed the gap and tackled really fast. Also Dobbins looked a bit slow cutting in the 2nd half. It might have been the rain. Or he might have worn down a bit.

I guess we're back to having Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis active. Puke

#724 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:45 PM

Not what you want to see. The injuries keep piling up. Bateman walking out in a boot.

https://twitter.com/...57PtVDN6mO9BoQA

#725 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:48 PM

I'll say this, buffalo's defense is really good. They had everything covered in the 2nd half, and then when Lamar took the dump off they closed the gap and tackled really fast. Also Dobbins looked a bit slow cutting in the 2nd half. It might have been the rain. Or he might have worn down a bit.

I guess we're back to having Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis active. Puke

I agree about Buffalo's defense...solid in every facet and above all else, they tackle well.  Everything the Ravens aren't.  

#726 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:48 PM

Not what you want to see. The injuries keep piling up. Bateman walking out in a boot.

Yeah we won't recover from those two receptions a week.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#727 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:49 PM

Yeah we won't recover from those two receptions a week.

Defenses account for him. So yeah, we will miss him for however long he’s out. Hopefully it’s precautionary.

#728 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:51 PM

What irritates me about a lot of injuries other than the impact it has on the W-L record, is that if they do finish 6-11 or 7-10, that's what will be Harbaugh and the coaching staff's parachute. There will never be any accountability.  Bisciotti will say to himself, "how can we compete with the best teams if we're never healthy?  That's not John's fault."  

#729 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:53 PM

Harbaugh and EDC are the least of this teams problems.

Queen was a huge miss though, and they need to get better about more urgently moving on when someone shows they can’t do it.

Every team deals with injuries. It’s a crazy sport. They have mixed things up this year on that front, which I give them credit for. What can you do?

#730 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:54 PM

Faalele wasn’t perfect but he’s been very solid so far. I’m impressed.
  • BaltBird 24 and JStruds like this

#731 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:55 PM

Lose big next week, which is very possible, could absolutely break the team.

2-3 isn't some insurmountable hole, but these things tend to spiral out of control.

#732 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:58 PM

Harbaugh’s teams don’t give up. They had every reason and excuse to last year, and they didn’t fold.
  • Mackus likes this

#733 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:58 PM

I think the Ravens will go back to their 27-30 points average next Sunday but how many will Cincinnati score?  Probably plenty.  There's going to be a lot of games this year that are shootouts.  It's really the only chance they have to win.  

#734 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:59 PM

Harbaugh’s teams don’t give up. They had every reason and excuse to last year, and they didn’t fold.

They have enough talent and solid vets that they wont fold. Its still a decent team. Just not good enough

#735 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:59 PM

Last year they legit had everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Plus, they got off to a hot start. Who knows what happens if they lose the flukey wins against KC, Detroit, and Indy.

#736 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:01 PM

Last year they legit had everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Plus, they got off to a hot start. Who knows what happens if they lose the flukey wins against KC, Detroit, and Indy.

If anything, those results only serve to counter balance the awful luck involved with the massive injury numbers last year IMO. This is a quality roster and Harbaugh has them bought in generally speaking. The defense just ain’t good enough, and it’s deflating.

#737 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:05 PM

This one stings. Dammit. There was so much hope. The end result felt absolutely inevitable from that failed late drive in the 1st half (and subsequent Bills TD) on. That’s what really stings the most. Knowing damn well what was coming.

#738 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:12 PM

I can’t believe people are actually arguing that because the defense stepped up against a hobbled Mac Jones late last week, which is literally a one off, that it means the defense earned that same trust this week. Going for it wasn’t about “putting it on the defense”. It was about not believing in the defense, which is obviously correct. Peters can bitch all he wants, but he’s one of the guys on the field when this defense constantly melts down late. So whatever. Yell at Queen. At some of the stupid mistakes by the younger DB’s. Lead the defense, don’t blame your coach IMO.

Mac Jones wasn't hobbled until literally, the last play of the game. If you're going to keep pushing that rhetoric, at least be factual.

And you blame the coach when his decision directly lead to losing the game. Harbaugh took points off the board. The exact number of points we lost by. Not sure how you can feel so confident puffing your chest out, claiming your 100% right about a hypothetical situation that never happened, but you look ridiculous doing it.

We kick, maybe we still lose. Maybe. We'll never know. Because our coach took the chance away from the team.

Regardless. The team went toe to toe with possibly the best team in football. They made mistakes. They didn't play perfect football. Which actually makes me feel even better about it. When you don't play a perfect game, and you play a 50/50 game against a top team. That is a good sign.

Doesn't get any easier next week. Cincy is starting to hit their stride. We keep.piling injuries, and have a jackass head coach that may have lost half of his locker room. Hopefully they have a productive Monday full of meetings addressing things. Still don't think the sky is falling. In the big picture, everyone had this tossed up as a loss anyway. Just need to move on and show up against Cincy.
  • makoman likes this

#739 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:16 PM

It stings way less when you expect the inevitable.

The Miami game legit ruined my Sunday. I'm already over this one.
  • hallas likes this

#740 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:18 PM

Mac Jones wasn't hobbled until literally, the last play of the game. If you're going to keep pushing that rhetoric, at least be factual.

And you blame the coach when his decision directly lead to losing the game. Harbaugh took points off the board. The exact number of points we lost by. Not sure how you can feel so confident puffing your chest out, claiming your 100% right about a hypothetical situation that never happened, but you look ridiculous doing it.

We kick, maybe we still lose. Maybe. We'll never know. Because our coach took the chance away from the team.

Relative to Josh Allen, he is hobbled, period. It’s complete apples to oranges and disingenuous at best to suggest a one off stop against an inferior offense means they deserved that trust this week. You can’t help but being condescending though, can you? This defense literally allowed Buffalo to do what it wanted the final drive, but I look foolish. Got it. You’ve been fairly consistently wrong tough guy. About a lot of things. You ever see me go at you this way? F off.

Yeah, they went toe to toe with possibly the best team in football. But Harbaugh has NOTHING to do with that. Only the bad things. If only we had Wink, things would be different, yeah? Am I doing this all right. Train me on how to be so off base. I kinda want to know what it’s like, only just a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=