#841 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:42 AM

If JKD can continue building on yesterday, this offense is going to mask a ton of issues. The TOP yesterday was awesome. Just couldn’t finish a couple drives.

#842 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:56 AM

While I'm back on the fire Harbaugh train, he's won a lot of games in the last nine going on ten seasons without Ray Lewis here. If winning Super Bowls is the benchmark, then Harbaugh is no worse than Andy Reid, who is going in the HOF one day.

True, Mike, he has. How many playoff games has he won in the last 10 years? 2??? That is settling for mediocrity in my opinion. Andy Reid has done a decent job with KC after doing all he could with Philadelphia. I don't advocate change lightly. I realize that we could always take a step backwards but I am willing to try. Should Harbaugh leave and do a credible job with another organization I would think more of his ability but I fear he will always make poor decisions in-game.

#843 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:35 PM

If JKD can continue building on yesterday, this offense is going to mask a ton of issues. The TOP yesterday was awesome. Just couldn’t finish a couple drives.

I know it wasn't ideal conditions, but he looked stuck in the mud in the second half. Some of those cuts, he had zero burst after. He caught one pass in the flat with nothing but green in front, and before he could get him momentum really going he was stopped. Maybe wet field. Maybe caution. Can't play this game scared though. Hope to see some burst out of him.

• Tranquil1 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#844 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:39 PM

I know it wasn't ideal conditions, but he looked stuck in the mud in the second half. Some of those cuts, he had zero burst after. He caught one pass in the flat with nothing but green in front, and before he could get him momentum really going he was stopped. Maybe wet field. Maybe caution. Can't play this game scared though. Hope to see some burst out of him.

It was there before that stretch. You saw it. Good vision and patience too. He clearly looked gassed down the stretch, and may not have even been in as much if it weren’t for Justice Hill’s injury, which really sucks btw. Ugh.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#845 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:39 PM

I would imagine he was definitely thinking more on the cuts in loose ground, than he was just planting and going. The mental aspect after an injury like that can't be ignored. Its only game 2 back for him. He'll get better. You can already see a difference between him and Hill, and all of the retreads we had in their spots.
  • Mike in STL and Tranquil1 like this

#846 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:14 PM

Speaking of retreads, get ready for Drake to be activated Sunday. It should be Badie but you know how that goes.

#847 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:18 PM

Looked like Dobbins ran out of gas in the second half.  His cuts were getting really slow.

• Tranquil1 likes this

#848 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 02:31 PM

Dobbins likely isn't going to be the guy he was two years ago, at least not this season. It takes a long time to fully recover from ACL surgery.

Look at Saquon Barkley. He came back after the same surgery last year and averaged less than four yards per carry in 13 games and averaged less than 50 ypg. Now he's up around 5.5 per carry for this season thus far and has had games of 146 and 164 yards on the ground. I may have mentioned this before, but Barkley himself even stated that it wasn't until this season that he began to truly feel like himself again.

• Mike in STL and cprenegade like this

#849 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:13 PM

Dobbins likely isn't going to be the guy he was two years ago, at least not this season. It takes a long time to fully recover from ACL surgery.

Look at Saquon Barkley. He came back after the same surgery last year and averaged less than four yards per carry in 13 games and averaged less than 50 ypg. Now he's up around 5.5 per carry for this season thus far and has had games of 146 and 164 yards on the ground. I may have mentioned this before, but Barkley himself even stated that it wasn't until this season that he began to truly feel like himself again.

Dobbins has it in spurts.  He ran out of gas IMO.  He didn't have Hill to cover him so he could catch his breath.  Game day strength/speed is really a different beast sometimes.

#850 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:05 PM

Amen brother. A smart coach takes those three points. The worst that can happen, Buffalo comes back with  a TD. Maybe they  only get a FG and tie it. Either of those scenarios, you're still in the game.

I'm at a point now where I don't know if I want to watch these games anymore because it is just a matter of waiting to see how Harbaugh will pull the rug out from under his own team with stupid decisions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=