#681 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:41 PM

How does this team rally and find a way to beat Cincinnati next week? I feel like they're on the verge of a collapse.

It’s still early. Lamar isn’t going to let this offense go to hell. JKD flashed today at times. Line playing fairly well. They gotta score next week. This defense are front runners and momentum whores, so I’m not expecting much against Burrow next week. I don’t see a collapse happening though. Even if they don’t win next week.

#682 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:43 PM

I don't, actually. Well, I can't imagine that you're actually arguing what I think you're saying. I think you're saying that the outcome was certain and the Bills would definitely score a TD. I can't agree with anything close to that.

If the Ravens converted it, would you have gone for two? If the Bills are a lock to score a TD anyways, do you like your odds of a 2-pt conversion contest or do you prefer OT where a coin flip loses it for you since they'd again be a guarantee to score as soon as they touch the ball?

EDIT: Was typing this while 2035 had already responded. No need to answer twice.

When you’re this wrong, there actually is. Maybe a higher chance at the stupidity sticking.

I means seriously, good lord. I believe in the offense wayyyyy more than the defense in that situation, and the way the defense handled that last drive only proves my point.

Not hard to understand where I’m at. Can we move on?

#683 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,697 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:43 PM

Harbaugh deserves to be fired. What in the hell

Correct. Ready to move on.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#684 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:45 PM

I think this team needs a good collapse. They've become stagnant and are currently a team built to be OK, but not good enough. They're basically the post Super Bowl teams, minus the SB trophy to hang their coats on. Time to retool.

#685 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:46 PM

If you can say "I think the conversion attempt had higher odds of the defense preventing a TD" then I can move on easily even though I disagree.

If you're sticking to that final Bills drive down by 3 being a foregone conclusion to allow a TD, then I can't. Well I will if you want, but its absurd.

#686 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:47 PM

If you can say "I think the conversion attempt had higher odds of the defense preventing a TD" then I can move on easily even though I disagree.

If you're sticking to that final Bills drive down by 3 being a foregone conclusion to allow a TD, then I can't. Well I will if you want, but its absurd.

Think what you want. We both saw what happened. And no, I don’t think with a 100% certainty, but pretty close to it. The defensive stop the drive before was the outlier in the 2nd half. Not the final drive.

#687 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:48 PM

Queen needs to go. He’s gotta be below replacement level, actively hurting this team. There’s gotta be someone working construction or plumbing or something that we can give a shot to over this guy at this point.
  • Mackus likes this

#688 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,638 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:49 PM

When you’re this wrong, there actually is. Maybe a higher chance at the stupidity sticking.

I means seriously, good lord. I believe in the offense wayyyyy more than the defense in that situation, and the way the defense handled that last drive only proves my point.

ROFL. 

#689 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:50 PM

ROFL.

You want to cling on to the anger over the result - while ignoring what you know damn well is true regarding what I’m saying about this defense. And that’s why this call isn’t some fireable offense. Please. It’s clear Harbs felt the way I did about this defense, and for good reason, again - look what actually happened. Who knows, if Duvernay made a play on the ball there, maybe this game is in OT right now.

#690 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:50 PM

Queen needs to go. He’s gotta be below replacement level, actively hurting this team. There’s gotta be someone working construction or plumbing or something that we can give a shot to over this guy at this point.

The only time you notice Queen is when he's doing something terrible, which is pretty often. The dropped INT was huge today.

#691 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:55 PM

I think this team needs a good collapse. They've become stagnant and are currently a team built to be OK, but not good enough. They're basically the post Super Bowl teams, minus the SB trophy to hang their coats on. Time to retool.

It would take a real collapse to force Bisciotti's hand.  He's loyal to Harbaugh to the point of it being almost incestuous.  I was just thinking about the 2007 team that nosedived to a 5-11 record after losing to the Colts in the play-offs the year before.  The Billick era had gone as far as it was going to and a change had to be made.  If the Ravens go 5-12 or even 6-11, I think Bisciotti would have to seriously consider cleaning house, as much as he hates the possibility.  I mean, Harbaugh isn't going to be the head coach forever.  There will be a change one day but so far, Bisciotti has really fought off that inevitability as much as any owner in the sport. 

#692 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:57 PM

The only time you notice Queen is when he's doing something terrible, which is pretty often. The dropped INT was huge today.

That was the turning point in the game for me.  

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#693 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:57 PM

It did not work out at all.

It had a slim chance. I'd take 1% chance of that being completed (and I'm sure it was higher) over 15 yards there. The points are orders of magnitude more important.

On the other hand, or maybe its the same hand, I'd take the early certain 3 points over the 35% or so chance I'd give the 4th and 4 of having.

So Ben bot says we have an 83% win probability if we score a touchdown, and a 43% if we miss a field goal. In reality our win probanility there is lower because a touchback results in better field position than a miss. Let's call it 40% for a touchback. Im going to assume that other outcomes like a dropped int or a pick-6 are more or less a wash. If you throw it up and have a 10% success rate the win probability is like 48%, versus giving it up on downs at the 4, which has a 49% win probability. So it's pretty much a complete tossup either way.

#694 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:01 PM

I'm fully on board making Queen the scapegoat at this point. I realize the defensive meltdowns on final drives aren't ALL on him, neither is the lack of a pass rush, or some of the untimely penalties. But he's the biggest reason why this defense is unreliable, and even though I don't do the whole off-season prognostication BS, those calling for an upgrade at MLB and it being a big mistake that it wasn't addressed seem to be right. He's just terrible, and it has a trickle down effect on the defense.

#695 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:01 PM

I'm all for a good early season mutiny. It should keep things interesting. This team is soft and still trotting around like the Big Truzz team from 2019.

#696 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

I thought not going for three was incredibly stupid! And then to compound that stupidity Lamar throws a pic in the end zone instead of just throwing the ball away giving the bills the ball on the 20 instead of the four. That whole sequence was loser mentality by Harbaugh 100%!

#697 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:03 PM

Again, watch that replay. Duvernay has no awareness of the safety nearby, sits comfortably waiting for the ball, instead of making a play on the ball. That was on him. 

#698 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:03 PM

I'm fully on board making Queen the scapegoat at this point. I realize the defensive meltdowns on final drives aren't ALL on him, neither is the lack of a pass rush, or some of the untimely penalties. But he's the biggest reason why this defense is unreliable, and even though I don't do the whole off-season prognostication BS, those calling for an upgrade at MLB and it being a big mistake that it wasn't addressed seem to be right. He's just terrible, and it has a trickle down effect on the defense.

If a big play or a big tackle needs to be made, and Patrick Queen is in the area, you can count on him to completely whiff.

But he'll get up and beat his chest every time he holds a RB to a 3 yard gain.

#699 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,638 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:05 PM

You want to cling on to the anger over the result - while ignoring what you know damn well is true regarding what I’m saying about this defense. And that’s why this call isn’t some fireable offense. Please. It’s clear Harbs felt the way I did about this defense, and for good reason, again - look what actually happened. Who knows, if Duvernay made a play on the ball there, maybe this game is in OT right now.

Im not angry at all. You may be. THis team is mediocre. At least Lamar makes it watchable or else man Id be really apathetic. Already looking forward to the Os offseason. FIngers crossed. THats where my biggest interest lies the next few months

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#700 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:05 PM

Again, watch that replay. Duvernay has no awareness of the safety nearby, sits comfortably waiting for the ball, instead of making a play on the ball. That was on him.

Not sure I totally agree it's on him but Lamar absolutely should be throwing the ball. The idea that he should throw it away is impossible to agree with. 15 yards don't matter nearly as much as 7 vs 0. Throw the ball and hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=