849 replies to this topic

#701 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:07 PM

Apparently Peters was going at Harbaugh at the end of the game. Good. I hope he continued it in the locker room. Problem is, Harbaugh is an arrogant prick, and he'll never take accountability, or admit he made the wrong decision.

I get it from the defensive players. Last week, it got put on the defense, and they answered. Today, they held Buffalo to 20 points, and had a chance to go up.

You kick the FG. Buffalo gets into FG range, I have no doubt about that. One of two things happens at the end if we kick that FG. Buffalo goes down and runs the clock out and kicks a game tying FG. Or they go down and score a TD, but leave time on the clock for Baltimore to answer.

There is no logical football reasoning for going for the TD at the 4 yard line on 4th down. None. And I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th, or for the 2 point and win. But it's always situational. With Harbaugh, it's never situational. It's always to for it, no matter what. And that is absolutely idiotic.

#702 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:08 PM

Duv was open for a long time unfortunately. Lamar didnt see him. THen when he did he was throwing off his back foot. If you want to get on Duv for not attacking ok but the safety came pretty late on a ball that floated forever. Lamar sees him sooner ideally

• JStruds likes this

#703 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:09 PM

I thought not going for three was incredibly stupid! And then to compound that stupidity Lamar throws a pic in the end zone instead of just throwing the ball away giving the bills the ball on the 20 instead of the four. That whole sequence was loser mentality by Harbaugh 100%!

It’s not loser mentality. It’s just utterly stupid. I’d ask for my release if I was Tucker. He’s got to ask himself a handful of times a year “why am I even here?” Especially when the coach goes into casual observer fan mode and lets a 46 yard FG become 51 cause he’s not paying attention. Tucker saved his ass on that one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#704 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Apparently Peters was going at Harbaugh at the end of the game. Good. I hope he continued it in the locker room. Problem is, Harbaugh is an arrogant prick, and he'll never take accountability, or admit he made the wrong decision.

I get it from the defensive players. Last week, it got put on the defense, and they answered. Today, they held Buffalo to 20 points, and had a chance to go up.

You kick the FG. Buffalo gets into FG range, I have no doubt about that. One of two things happens at the end if we kick that FG. Buffalo goes down and runs the clock out and kicks a game tying FG. Or they go down and score a TD, but leave time on the clock for Baltimore to answer.

There is no logical football reasoning for going for the TD at the 4 yard line on 4th down. None. And I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th, or for the 2 point and win. But it's always situational. With Harbaugh, it's never situational. It's always to for it, no matter what. And that is absolutely idiotic.

HAHAHA. I figured thats who he was going after considering how the coach was all over holding him back. THey wouldve eventually broke it up if it was another player too but it felt like it was Harbaugh he went after

#705 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Again, watch that replay. Duvernay has no awareness of the safety nearby, sits comfortably waiting for the ball, instead of making a play on the ball. That was on him. 

If anyone didn’t understand the magnitude of the moment it was Lamar in my opinion. He simply cannot throw a pic in that situation. Pin the Bills back on the four and you Limit the amount of plays they can run with so little real estate. That was a total force play and should never have thrown the ball simple as that.

#706 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:10 PM

I mean Harbaugh lost some of his defenders with the decision. How could he not. 

#707 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:12 PM

Not sure I totally agree it's on him but Lamar absolutely should be throwing the ball. The idea that he should throw it away is impossible to agree with. 15 yards don't matter nearly as much as 7 vs 0. Throw the ball and hope.

Meh I totally disagree there was still plenty of time to get the ball back if you pin them on the four and limit the types of plays they can run. No need to go for it when you have two INT‘s and the two minute warning. Lamar went all in and lost. However, it shouldn’t have gotten to that point they should’ve kicked the damn ball.

#708 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:13 PM

I mean Harbaugh lost some of his defenders with the decision. How could he not.

As he should.
@BSLMikeRandall

#709 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:13 PM

Also, what's with Oweh tackling Singletary at the 2? I watched the replay and the other ravens were upset that he tackled him.
  • Mackus and PrimeTime like this

#710 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:16 PM

Duv was open for a long time unfortunately. Lamar didnt see him. THen when he did he was throwing off his back foot. If you want to get on Duv for not attacking ok but the safety came pretty late on a ball that floated forever. Lamar sees him sooner ideally

He didn't have an opportunity to throw the ball safely because he had to hit the juke button on his controller about 7 times to keep himself from getting tackled. But by the time he had a throwing lane he was at the 20 yard line and throwing off his back foot.

#711 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:16 PM

Might have to fire Harbaugh or lose the team completely. Tough call.

#712 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:17 PM

I can’t believe people are actually arguing that because the defense stepped up against a hobbled Mac Jones late last week, which is literally a one off, that it means the defense earned that same trust this week. Going for it wasn’t about “putting it on the defense”. It was about not believing in the defense, which is obviously correct. Peters can bitch all he wants, but he’s one of the guys on the field when this defense constantly melts down late. So whatever. Yell at Queen. At some of the stupid mistakes by the younger DB’s. Lead the defense, don’t blame your coach IMO.

#713 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:17 PM

Also, what's with Oweh tackling Singletary at the 2? I watched the replay and the other ravens were upset that he tackled him.

That’s hardly the issue, IMO.

1. Shouldn’t have been in that spot.
2. If you strip the ball, they don’t get the chip shot FG for the win.
3. The Bills know the situation. Singletary takes a knee if the Ravens stood still.

All the blame should be placed on Harbaugh. Not on Oweh. This was an avoidable situation they were in.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#714 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:19 PM

It's far down the list, but still an issue, for sure. It's either stupid playing or stupid coaching to not have everyone know the situation. He tackled Singletary, maybe he goes down anyways if he doesn't, but he didn't appear to be going down to me and he's close to the goal line already.

#715 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:21 PM

Harbaugh blindly adheres to the WPA calculator. According to Ben bot this was +2 WPA for going for it. But I'm not buying that at all. Force them to kick the ball. You can be so much more aggressive on defense if you have the lead in that situation.
  • CantonJester likes this

#716 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:23 PM

I've been saying it for years now, will say it once here and let it drop for another week, but Harbaugh doesn't do much of anything to increase the team's chances of winning on game days. Clock management, timeout management, situation management, overall game management... not very good at any of them. He's a cheerleader and an observer, at the mercy of the fortunes brought on by whatever the OC and DC decide to do, and occasionally saved by individual plays. But HE doesn't add anything remotely significant to their chancs of winning once the ball is kicked off.

That's not good enough to me anymore. Hasn't been for a while. But sadly we're stuck with it... and the team will sink or swim on their own while he watches and supports his buddies wearing headsets...
  • Mike in STL likes this

#717 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:26 PM

Not sure I totally agree it's on him but Lamar absolutely should be throwing the ball. The idea that he should throw it away is impossible to agree with. 15 yards don't matter nearly as much as 7 vs 0. Throw the ball and hope.

Yeah, hope the "impossible" happens and a touchfown occurs on that duck Lamar threw with two guys in his face while backpedaling. This is actually funnier than your earlier post when you likened throwing the ball away to "quitting."
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#718 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:27 PM

Harbaugh blindly adheres to the WPA calculator. According to Ben bot this was +2 WPA for going for it. But I'm not buying that at all. Force them to kick the ball. You can be so much more aggressive on defense if you have the lead in that situation.

Absolutely and yes it shows he has no feel for the game and blindly follows a chart that is just wrong. You wont convince me ever that going for it on 4th from the 4 there against that teams defense instead of taking the 3 with under 4 min left in the game gave us a better chance of winning. Ill fight that  all day every day

#719 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:27 PM

Sometimes you just need a change just for change. Now would be a great time, except Roman or MacDonald would be bad, too.

#720 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 04:29 PM

1. Shouldn’t have been in that spot.
2. If you strip the ball, they don’t get the chip shot FG for the win.
3. The Bills know the situation. Singletary takes a knee if the Ravens stood still.

All the blame should be placed on Harbaugh. Not on Oweh. This was an avoidable situation they were in.

I think it's tough for a player to forget all of their instincts and let a player waltz into the end zone. You're correct, if he strips the ball, he's a hero. Singletary may have fallen down before the goal line. Besides, adrenalin is a helluva drug. I'm not going to fault Oweh.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=