637 replies to this topic

#41 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:36 PM

I think the Ravens win if Lamar takes over the game.  I expect he will play well and the Ravens win.  The defense should rebound as well.  Hopefully Marlon and Peters play the entire game. 

#42 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:11 PM

Thanks guys. The one weak spot in my streaming setup is I currently have no way of watching games on Fox. I was trying to put off activating YoutubeTV until the MLB postseason starts. Either reactivate it or go out to watch the game(s). Not so much a fan of going out to watch games here in Canton as I once was. 

As someone in the Washington market I won’t be able to watch as the Commies are on Fox at the same time.

#43 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:43 PM

Rapoport says sources say Dobbins is expected to play.

I don’t expect a ton of carries but I’m excited to see him and hope he looks somewhat like 2020.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#44 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:03 PM

I don’t expect a ton of carries but I’m excited to see him and hope he looks somewhat like 2020.

It's a start. Not expecting anything more than 5 touches honestly. But as long as he comes out unscathed, it's a great sign. Should only get better from here.

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:11 PM

It's a start. Not expecting anything more than 5 touches honestly. But as long as he comes out unscathed, it's a great sign. Should only get better from here.

Yeah, with all these guys, like Peters last week, Stanley whenever, the main goal is just get through the game and play again next week. Hopefully they eventually get back to where they were. If they do the team will be good by the end of the year.

#46 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:14 PM

Huh. Paper said Harbs pretty strongly hinted he would not play. Oh well,why expect truth on injuries from him I guess.

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:30 PM

Awesome.

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:30 PM

Huh. Paper said Harbs pretty strongly hinted he would not play. Oh well,why expect truth on injuries from him I guess.

Harbs playing some mind games with BB, who woulda thunk it.

#49 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:35 PM

I'm not sure I agree with the part about Hamilton. He hasn't been great. But he hasn't been bad either. I certainly don't think he looks lost at all. He was part of the problem on the 2 biggest plays. The first one to Hill, he bit on Waddle running the deep crossed in the middle. And Hill outran Peters behind him. That's was a lose-lose. If he plays the deep post, Waddle is wide open in the middle of the field, with a ton of room to run. And we saw what happens when he steps up to cover that. The other big play to Hill, something was communicated wrong. And how someone doesn't take a TO there is beyond me. But, outside of that, I don't see anything more than normal rookie mistakes.

I watch the games on TV.  I only see what they show and I don't go back over film.  But I listen to a lot of sports shows and a lot of the NFL network on radio.  I've heard both local, and national guys basically roast Hamilton.  Local guy said he reminded him of Matt Elam.  National guys said he has been so out of position on most plays that the Ravens need to sit him down before he totally loses what is left of his confidence.

I just have not heard one person have anything good to say about his performance so far.  It's only two games so I'm not calling him a bust or anything, but it really looks like he is a lot less ready to play than a first round #14 draft pick should be.  

#50 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:39 PM

I watch the games on TV.  I only see what they show and I don't go back over film.  But I listen to a lot of sports shows and a lot of the NFL network on radio.  I've heard both local, and national guys basically roast Hamilton.  Local guy said he reminded him of Matt Elam.  National guys said he has been so out of position on most plays that the Ravens need to sit him down before he totally loses what is left of his confidence.

I just have not heard one person have anything good to say about his performance so far.  It's only two games so I'm not calling him a bust or anything, but it really looks like he is a lot less ready to play than a first round #14 draft pick should be.  

Yeah we will see but Im getting bad vibes

#51 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,601 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:56 PM

I try not to get too down on anyone after 2 games into their career. Queen looked like a future all pro at times during his rookie year.

#52 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:57 PM

I try not to get too down on anyone after 2 games into their career. Queen looked like a future all pro at times during his rookie year.

Queen was complete trash his rookie year. Like consistently. He was solid late last year but that was it. I mean unless you are literally talking about a handful of plays in games where overall he was still getting abused

#53 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,601 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:12 PM

I feel like he had some huge games early in his rookie year that really stood out. For some reason the Washington, Cincinnati, and Indy game really stick out.

#54 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:37 AM

I feel like he had some huge games early in his rookie year that really stood out. For some reason the Washington, Cincinnati, and Indy game really stick out.

He was NFL Defensive Player of the Week in that Cincy game.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#55 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:23 AM

Did anyone listen to the radio broadcast of the Jets game? I'm curious if they're still doing the games remotely or actually traveling to the locations.

#56 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:53 AM

Inactives:
Proche
Drake
Worley
Stanley
Urban

Boyle finally active, so is Jones. Drake is surprising, maybe Dobbins won’t be too limited.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#57 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:09 AM

Inactives:
Proche
Drake
Worley
Stanley
Urban

Boyle finally active, so is Jones. Drake is surprising, maybe Dobbins won’t be too limited.

I believe it was Rappaport that tweeted out that Dobbins isn't expected to be too limited. Might just be Ravens using some misdirection on Belichick. But Drake being inactive tells me he may actually see some volume.

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:19 AM

I do not want to use the word healthy, because there have been too many injuries and we are still waiting on key players, but we are as full as we can be right now, except for Stanley.

JK, Jones, Boyle have joined the fight.  Marlon, Stephens and Peters are a go.

Let’s Go Ravens!

• You Play to Win the Game, PrimeTime and Bmore Irish like this
@mikeghg

#59 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:56 AM

As long as I don't hear any form of the words "communicate" in reference to the Ravens secondary today, I'll be good.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#60 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 11:59 AM

I genuinely dislike Fox's presentation of the NFL. I can't put my finger on it though.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=