#621 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:33 PM

Can they do both given the cap?

Sure, but it's a shell game. Still, at worst Lamar will be taking up a little over 20% of the cap and maybe less after a few years. So that isn't all that different than a typical recent QB deal making 18-20%. It's the difference of maybe one second or third tier signing.

It's a big difference compared to when he was in his early years, but those years are already wasted so can't dwell on them. I'll still take Lamar over a ton of space and picks but no QB.

#622 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:41 PM

Ravens being at home, should be around +4 to +6 dogs.

I don't think we're that outclassed. Our offense can move the ball, and score on their defense. But I'll be shocked if we see the Bills punter next week. Josh Allen is locked in so far.

We let Mac Jones look like Michael Vick today. Josh Allen is going to feast on our defense as it is. I have no faith in Macdonald at this point at all. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I'm going to stick with the lower end of that spread.  6 point underdog at M&T feels like too much of a disrespect to the Ravens and the home field.   I think 4 is as high as it goes.  The over/under has to be in the low to mid 50's.

#623 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:08 PM

You still have a problem paying Lamar?

Logically, if you weren't willing to accept his demands before the season, you have to let this play out.  The resume is not a 3 game season.   Last year Lamar Jackson was MVP talk through 6 games.  The next 4+ were inconsistent at best, up until the season ending injury at Cleveland.  If this season is going to be a referendum on the contract I think we need to play the whole thing out and then bring the cards to the table.  

But certainly so far one would think Jackson's price has done nothing but go up.  

#624 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

Unbeatable Bills just lost to Tiny Tua and the terrible Dolphins.

Apparently Buffalo pulled a 2021 Ravens.  All of their starting secondary was out.  

Even still, it's hard to see how they lost this game.  The numbers are stacked way in Buffalo's favor.

Buffalo ran 90 plays to Miami's 39.  They had the ball 40:40 to Miami's 19:20.  They had 497 yards to Miami's 212, and a 31-15 first down edge.  They only punted once in the game to Miami's 5!  

I think Bills fans are feeling the same way Raven's fans did.  How do you lose a game with all those offensive stats going your way?

• Biggsy likes this

#625 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:20 PM

On Lamar's rushing TD, Faalele pulled and absolutely stone walled a defender. Very impressive from the rookie.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#626 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:28 PM

On Lamar's rushing TD, Faalele pulled and absolutely stone walled a defender. Very impressive from the rookie.

I saw that too. I think the announcer called a pling guard, but it was definitely #77. Impressive indeed.

#627 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:58 PM

I saw that too. I think the announcer called a pling guard, but it was definitely #77. Impressive indeed.

Can you imagine someone that size actually becoming technically sound? Truly scary for the DL on the other side of him.

#628 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:00 PM

Did any of you guys see Buffalo's OC having a complete mental breakdown up in the booth as the game ended? Hilarious.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=6JZp88EwjAw

#629 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:02 PM

Logically, if you weren't willing to accept his demands before the season, you have to let this play out. The resume is not a 3 game season. Last year Lamar Jackson was MVP talk through 6 games. The next 4+ were inconsistent at best, up until the season ending injury at Cleveland. If this season is going to be a referendum on the contract I think we need to play the whole thing out and then bring the cards to the table.

But certainly so far one would think Jackson's price has done nothing but go up.

Lamar is the best quarterback ever to wear a Ravens jersey, and there is not a more dynamic playmaker in the league than him. I'm still not comfortable giving him 60 million a year for 5 or 6 years fully guaranteed. That would set the bar for all quarterbacks to get fully guaranteed deals, and the market would go absolutely sideways.

With that said, I think they will probably buckle to his demands and give it to him. At that point, he will need to be a top three MVP player every year of his deal to justify that contract, or they will be miserably bad. They already cannot build an offensive line or defense with a cap friendly QB contract. Trying to envision them doing that on a team with him eating 20% of the cap is practically impossible.

#630 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:07 PM

Did any of you guys see Buffalo's OC having a complete mental breakdown up in the booth as the game ended? Hilarious.

That's a temper tantrum.

#631 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:18 PM

It's even more funny given the comments from this interview: https://www.si.com/n...reseason-rumors

Seems like it was a calculated move to put him in the booth.

Also, former Miami Hurricanes QB Ken Dorsey being an OC is one of those, "I feel old" football moments. Like seeing Asante Samuel Jr playing in the NFL. Or regularly hearing Incubus, Pearl Jam and RHCP on classic rock radio.

#632 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:28 PM

I went back and re-watched the game, and Roman and Roman Dalesandriss, and Devin did a great hob making adjustments at half time.  Falele, really struggled in half one, but he was not noticed in the second half.In addition he had some good blocks in the run ame which probably helped settle him down.

Moses on the other side had 2 penalties, but he controlled Judon.  Lamar certainly makes them look good, but we were down to the 4th string tackle and survived.

@mikeghg

#633 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:28 PM

Was the process completed?

I really feel like sometimes how closely a play is looked at in review depends on how much the broadcast crew harps on the review and criticizes the call. Watching the review, it looked clear that he never FIRMLY possessed the ball (it's moving a little and never secure in two palms), puts feet down but doesn't make ANY sort of move, and it's immediately out.

If that's a catch and fumble, then Lee Evans caught the ball in th endzone in the 2011 AFC title game and the Ravens actually won...

#634 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, for all the emphasis about there needing to be a football move, I didn't see how the hell that was a clear fumble.

#635 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:41 PM

I really feel like sometimes how closely a play is looked at in review depends on how much the broadcast crew harps on the review and criticizes the call. Watching the review, it looked clear that he never FIRMLY possessed the ball (it's moving a little and never secure in two palms), puts feet down but doesn't make ANY sort of move, and it's immediately out.

If that's a catch and fumble, then Lee Evans caught the ball in th endzone in the 2011 AFC title game and the Ravens actually won...

I made the same Lee Evans comment watching the game.  I don’t think he ever fully caught true ball.  Your comment about the announcers is interesting.  I never really thought about it, but maybe.

@mikeghg

#636 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, he struggled early, but he settled down and played better in the second half.

Speaking of big blocks, Ricard was excellent, from helping Faalele and in the run game.  He pancaked Judon on one of Hill’s big runs.

@mikeghg

#637 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:53 PM

It's even more funny given the comments from this interview: https://www.si.com/n...reseason-rumors

Seems like it was a calculated move to put him in the booth.

Also, former Miami Hurricanes QB Ken Dorsey being an OC is one of those, "I feel old" football moments. Like seeing Asante Samuel Jr playing in the NFL. Or regularly hearing Incubus, Pearl Jam and RHCP on classic rock radio.

Oh great.  I grew up in the era of KISS, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Aerosmith.  Now I regularly hear them on TV commercials.  How old do you think I feel?   :mrgreen:

• Bmore Irish likes this

#638 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, he struggled early, but he settled down and played better in the second half.

Speaking of big blocks, Ricard was excellent, from helping Faalele and in the run game. He pancaked Judon on one of Hill’s big runs.

Lindebaum had a great block on Hill's run to the left on the opening drive of the 2nd half. He squared up on the linebacker and drove him 8-9 yards back. Very encouraging.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=