• Please log in to reply
637 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 09:01 AM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 57% chance of winning. 

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 09:03 AM

Ravens a 3 point favorite. 

Over / Under is 43. 

#3 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:27 AM

BSL: Next Game Up: Ravens at Patriots

https://baltimorespo...ns-at-patriots/

@MikeFastNFL

#4 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:05 PM

I have no faith in this team right now.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:27 PM

I have no faith in this team right now.

Go away

• NewMarketSean, Mike in STL and BSLJamieSieck like this

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:18 PM

My confidence in the team isn't very high, so they'll probably win by 3 scores and the defense will hold NE to single digits.

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:45 PM

Looking at the positives from last week, the offense put up 31 points. They can hit the home run. Lamar looks like he is on a mission. And hopefully they let Dobbins play, and he can give our run game a boost.

I can't imagine they come in to this game and suffer from the same mistakes.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 05:21 PM

Looking at the positives from last week, the offense put up 31 points. They can hit the home run. Lamar looks like he is on a mission. And hopefully they let Dobbins play, and he can give our run game a boost.

I can't imagine they come in to this game and suffer from the same mistakes.

They haven't fixed the secondary in over a year. Why would this game be different?

#9 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 05:43 PM

One positive is no McDaniels gimmick plays .

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 07:11 PM

More confident in this game, even after watching what happened in the 4th, than I was for the Miami game. Not sure why.

If Humphrey can't play that would lower things noticeably though.

#11 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 07:19 PM

More confident in this game, even after watching what happened in the 4th, than I was for the Miami game. Not sure why.

If Humphrey can't play that would lower things noticeably though.

The Pats don’t have Hill and Waddle.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 07:48 PM

The Ravens are better than New England, but this game is no gimme.  New England held Miami to one offensive TD and 2 FGs in week one.  Their defense isn't bad.  And they know in order to win games, those games usually have to be games where defense and special teams makes the plays.  Their offense isn't going to run up and down the field like Miami, but it's capable enough of making a few big plays when needed.  

I would expect New England to play field position, use the clock, key on taking big plays away from Jackson and try to steal one at the end.  Defensively they have to feel if they spy Jackson and keep him from running, the rest of the Ravens running game can't beat them.  They held Miami to 65 yards and Pittsburgh to 91 yards on the ground.  

I think it will be an ugly game.  One that likely comes down to either Tucker or the New England kicker.  

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:23 AM

They haven't fixed the secondary in over a year. Why would this game be different?

Um, because only one team in the NFL employs the fastest WR in the NFL, and arguably the second fastest. And were not playing them this week.

If we can't cover Agholar, Parker and Bourne better than Hill and Waddle, then we have real issues.

• BSLJamieSieck likes this

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:28 AM

I think the Ravens play with an edge this week, and take last week out on the Patriots.

The Ravens are going to be a better team in a few weeks.  Last week sucked, the over reaction, IMO is just as bad.

@mikeghg

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:32 AM

The Pats don’t have Hill and Waddle.

Sure, but I don't think it took exquisite WR play to make the plays they made.  They were wide open not because they are so much faster than our defense but rather because our defense more or less let them run uncovered.  Any NFL WR can beat repeated busted assignments.  Maybe its a chicken/egg thing where better receivers get blown assignments more often because you gotta get more creative to cover them?  

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2022 - 11:00 AM

I think we are overreacting.  I think Peters will get better as the year goes on.  I also think a lot of the damage was done on the last 2 drives when  Marlon was out.  We had, Hamilton, Williams, Stone and JAD all on the field in critical situations.  They are saying Stephens and Marlon should be okay for this week and Peters will have a game under his belt.

My concern right now is linebackers.

We have 2 OLB on the roster.  Again, I feel like we will be better as Bowser, Travis Jones and maybe Ojabo return.  Peters, will get better and we will hopefully be more cohesive on the back end as guys play together more.

• BSLJamieSieck likes this
@mikeghg

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 11:54 AM

Sure, but I don't think it took exquisite WR play to make the plays they made. They were wide open not because they are so much faster than our defense but rather because our defense more or less let them run uncovered. Any NFL WR can beat repeated busted assignments. Maybe its a chicken/egg thing where better receivers get blown assignments more often because you gotta get more creative to cover them?

Macdonald went heavy on the zone coverages, because we don't have the athletes to run with Waddle, Hill and Gisecki consistently. The zones got stretched because we sent 2 or 3 guys deep on their vertical routes, and our ILB's got no depth. And when guys can fly like Hill and Waddle, they can stretch that zone quicker than anyone else, and that opens up huge gaps in the middle of the field.

I think Macdonald got caught trying to be too cute, with personnel he couldn't afford to get cute with.

Pats don't have the WR's that will make Macdonald fear man coverage. And they don't have the guys that can cover 25 yards in less than 2 seconds. That makes a huge difference in your personnel packages, and coverage schemes.

However, if they can't pressure Jones, we're going to get picked apart again.

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 12:01 PM

I think we are overreacting. I think Peters will get better as the year goes on. I also think a lot of the damage was done on the last 2 drives when Marlon was out. We had, Hamilton, Williams, Stone and JAD all on the field in critical situations. They are saying Stephens and Marlon should be okay for this week and Peters will have a game under his belt.
My concern right now is linebackers.
We have 2 OLB on the roster. Again, I feel like we will be better as Bowser, Travis Jones and maybe Ojabo return. Peters, will get better and we will hopefully be more cohesive on the back end as guys play together more.

I agree with a lot of this.

Peters was in his first game back. Hamilton was in his 2nd ever game. JAD was seeing his first consistent playing time in the NFL.

To think JAD and Hamilton cannot improve, and Peters won't get better, is very short-sighted.

And I also think people are severely underrating the Dolphins. That offense is possibly the most explosive offense in football.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 12:12 PM

Armor Davis and Williams both have real potential as CBs. Especially for being drafted 4th round.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2022 - 01:13 PM

I agree with a lot of this.

Peters was in his first game back. Hamilton was in his 2nd ever game. JAD was seeing his first consistent playing time in the NFL.

To think JAD and Hamilton cannot improve, and Peters won't get better, is very short-sighted.

And I also think people are severely underrating the Dolphins. That offense is possibly the most explosive offense in football.

We are all invested in our teams, and also way too reactionary.  I actually thought Humphrey was playing well for the second week in a row, but he was not on the field in the fatal last 2 drives.  Peters was probably on a pitch count that he far exceeded.  He looked gassed the last quarter and a half, but he kept coming back on the field.

We had Stone, Hamilton, JAD, and Pepe Williams on the field at games end.  While I think all 4 are very capable. having all 4 young players in at the same time was tough.

The Dolphins are good.

JMO, but we were toast at games end, and the ending sucked.  but there was a lot of good in Sunday's game too.  I am looking forward to the bounce back.

One more thing.  We have had a game like this in many of our good seasons.  I think they come back.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=