Mitch White vs Kyle Bradish

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:19 AM

I hope Bradish can continue his scoreless streak. May be the only way we can win tonight.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 BSLLukeRollfinke

BSLLukeRollfinke

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 12:36 PM

This game is as much of a must-win game as the Os have had in years, especially considering that we have to face Manoah tomorrow. If we go 1-3 in the series we are technically still alive, but a four game sweep would bury us.

@LukeRollfinke

#4 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:08 PM

Absolutely a must win. If we're gonna get yesterday's bad taste out of our mouths and get back on track we have to win this one. This team has been resilient all season so I expect nothing but their best effort tonight.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:09 PM

Not buried even with a sweep considering the 6 games head-to-head remaining.

Obviously much harder if you don't win tonight and/or tomorrow, but anyone who gives up if that happens is soft.

• You Play to Win the Game and DuffMan like this

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

Overall there are 8 games left against Toronto.  Win 5 of them and then you only need to make up 3 games over the non head-to-head games (19 for O's, 20 for Toronto).  3 game deficit in 3 weeks worth of games is very doable.

Looking at it another way, is that the final 3 games are at home against Toronto.  So we need to be within 3 games at that point.  2 games back is the exact same, as we'd have to sweep the series to advance.  1 game back or tied is much better, would only need to win the series.  I'm assuming we'll have the tiebreak in this scenario, if we don't hold it then would need to be within 2 when the series starts.

#7 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:33 PM

Overall there are 8 games left against Toronto. Win 5 of them and then you only need to make up 3 games over the non head-to-head games (19 for O's, 20 for Toronto). 3 game deficit in 3 weeks worth of games is very doable.

Looking at it another way, is that the final 3 games are at home against Toronto. So we need to be within 3 games at that point. 2 games back is the exact same, as we'd have to sweep the series to advance. 1 game back or tied is much better, would only need to win the series. I'm assuming we'll have the tiebreak in this scenario, if we don't hold it then would need to be within 2 when the series starts.

That's why I saw 6-4 as the goal in our head to head against them and 2-2 in this series as ok because of the doubleheader. Their schedule outside of playing us is much harder than ours including 9 games against the Rays and a series against the Yankees. There is absolutely no reason to throw in the towel. Just go get a win tonight and get back on track. Everything that could go wrong went wrong yesterday even before the games even started.

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:33 PM

Currently 6-5 against Toronto. Having the tie-breaker (or path to it) when the final series starts is as important as a game in the standings.
  • DuffMan likes this

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 02:00 PM

Mullins CF
Rutschman C
Santander RF
Mountcastle 1st
Urias 3rd
Henderson DH
Hays LF
Odor 2nd
Mateo SS

#10 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:17 PM

At some point you have to score runs against the pitchers you're supposed to. If we can't put up runs against this guy White we don't deserve to be in the playoff conversation.

#11 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:35 PM

Mullins CF
Rutschman C
Santander RF
Mountcastle 1st
Urias 3rd
Henderson DH
Hays LF
Odor 2nd
Mateo SS

This is the A lineup to me. I know there are people who don't like Odor but we saw how critical that position can be defensively. This is our best combination of offense and defense we can put on the field in my opinion.

#12 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

Let's lose all of our games and get a better draft pick!!  Who wants the pressure of winning when losing means you win!

---------------

While I agree with Mackus...hey, everyone is a 10-0 streak from running away with a WC....but it feels like they need to re-establish some ground tonight.

Find a Way.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:43 PM

Yup. The A lineup. The best we can do right now

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:44 PM

Let's lose all of our games and get a better draft pick!! Who wants the pressure of winning when losing means you win!
---------------

While I agree with Mackus...hey, everyone is a 10-0 streak from running away with a WC....but it feels like they need to re-establish some ground tonight.

Find a Way.

Ive never seen someone live in the past more than you.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:57 PM

70 years of beautiful history from Brooks Robinson to Cal Ripken...

ea2990b3-477a-4431-9f02-858690c51713_tex

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#16 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:22 PM

A lineup is Gunnar at third, Urias at 2nd, Stowers in RF, and Santander at DH.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:25 PM

Not buried even with a sweep considering the 6 games head-to-head remaining.

Obviously much harder if you don't win tonight and/or tomorrow, but anyone who gives up if that happens is soft.

If they get swept they are seven back in the loss column. I don't think the six left head to head would matter much. Before this series they picked up what, three games at most since the trade deadline? If they pick up three games against the rest of the opponents, they need to win 5 of 6 against Toronto to get the other four. And that is if we hold a tiebreaker? I don't know if they do or could? May need to sweep all six...against the team that just swept four from you? It'd be hard for the Dodgers to sweep the Nats in six games right now. Figure the Nats could win one of those just cause baseball. 

Loss tonight puts them in a must win tomorrow. 4.5 back is a jam, but you can go on a run. 6.5 back is over. Win both and you'd be right back where you started. Could be ahead of Toronto by the time we play them again next week. Then the pressure is on them.

@BSLMikeRandall

#18 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:31 PM

70 years of beautiful history from Brooks Robinson to Cal Ripken...
ea2990b3-477a-4431-9f02-858690c51713_tex

Yeah but he’s living in 2019.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#19 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

If they get swept they are seven back in the loss column. I don't think the six left head to head would matter much. Before this series they picked up what, three games at most since the trade deadline? If they pick up three games against the rest of the opponents, they need to win 5 of 6 against Toronto to get the other four. And that is if we hold a tiebreaker? I don't know if they do or could? May need to sweep all six...against the team that just swept four from you? It'd be hard for the Dodgers to sweep the Nats in six games right now. Figure the Nats could win one of those just cause baseball.

Loss tonight puts them in a must win tomorrow. 4.5 back is a jam, but you can go on a run. 6.5 back is over. Win both and you'd be right back where you started. Could be ahead of Toronto by the time we play them again next week. Then the pressure is on them.

Even I the most optimistic O's fan couldn't consider us a potential playoff team if we get swept all 4 games and fall 6.5 back. At some point reality has to set in but right now I think we can win the next 2 and be right back in it.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:36 PM

A lineup is Gunnar at third, Urias at 2nd, Stowers in RF, and Santander at DH.

I would hear that argument but Urias has been so good at 3b defensively while Stowers has been a bit shaky in the field. Its the best hitting lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=