HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:36 PM

CBS Sports had Wahab as the 3rd best transfer entering '21-'22:
https://www.cbssport...mmits-to-texas/

I think it is possible that he does better elsewhere.  This year was full of disappointment and Wahab was just one of them.

@mikeghg

#62 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2022 - 10:07 AM

Willard is expected to round out his coaching staff with Grant Billmeier, a former Seton Hall player who’s been on Willard’s staff since he took the job in 2010 and was promoted to associate head coach before last season.

Billmeier’s hire has been made official.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#63 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:14 PM

Sounds like Willard will retain Greg Manning, Jr. on his staff, and also add Tevon Saddler. Manning has been on Maryland’s staff since 2018, serving three years as the team’s video coordinator and last season as director of basketball operations. His father played for the Terps under Lefty Driesell, and he has Baltimore ties dating back to his playing days at Loyola under Jimmy Patsos.

Saddler is a Baltimore native who played at UNC Greensboro and Nicholls State in college before coaching for the Colonels and most recently at McNeese State.
@BSLZackKiesel

#64 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:16 PM

Sounds like Willard will retain Greg Manning, Jr. on his staff, and also add Tevon Saddler. Manning has been on Maryland’s staff since 2018, serving three years as the team’s video coordinator and last season as director of basketball operations. His father played for the Terps under Lefty Driesell, and he has Baltimore ties dating back to his playing days at Loyola under Jimmy Patsos.

Saddler is a Baltimore native who played at UNC Greensboro and Nicholls State in college before coaching for the Colonels and most recently at McNeese State.

manning is sort of a legacy.  Glad to see him staying.

@mikeghg

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:44 PM

Reese's sister in the portal. Uh oh.

#66 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:48 PM

What the hell is going on with the womens program. Damn

#67 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:51 PM

Uh oh indeed. 

#68 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:54 PM

Reese's sister in the portal. Uh oh.

All those assumptions that he’d stay because his sister is on campus just went out the window.
@BSLZackKiesel

#69 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,428 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:07 PM

The women must be fed up with getting bounced in the round of 32 every year.

#70 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,247 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:31 PM

Not good.

#71 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:55 PM

This will just continue to happen in every sport until Maryland gets their acts together when it comes to NIL. There are women’s college basketball players making six figures at other schools.

Hopefully Julian sticks around, but at this point I’d bet he’ll be playing elsewhere next season.
@BSLZackKiesel

#72 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 09:09 AM

Not gonna lie...I wasn't super impressed with Reese.  I mean for a freshman I thought he was fine, but he was too easily pushed around and I saw good but not great athleticism. 

Could have just been the games I watched, though, and I do hope he sticks around and hopefully some weight training will help.  But I'm not really counting on anyone currently on the roster to be part of the next great MD team.

#73 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,247 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 April 2022 - 04:51 PM

Well, we can rule out a return of the Mitchell twins. They're headed to Arkansas. And I'm just fine with that.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#74 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 April 2022 - 04:57 PM

Well, we can rule out a return of the Mitchell twins. They're headed to Arkansas. And I'm just fine with that.

Pretty sure they (and their mother) burned every bridge possible with Maryland. Even with Cox on the staff, their return was never a possibility.
@BSLZackKiesel

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 03:19 PM

IMS: Willard on NIL

https://247sports.co...43/#185838943_1

#76 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:01 AM

Reese has announced he’ll be returning to Maryland next season. Massive news.

Mike mentioned on our latest Talking Terps episode that he’s heard most of the team will be returning, with one reserve player expected to enter the portal at some point soon. But Hart and Scott are expected to be back, along with Reese.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:07 AM

Not gonna lie...I wasn't super impressed with Reese.  I mean for a freshman I thought he was fine, but he was too easily pushed around and I saw good but not great athleticism. 

Could have just been the games I watched, though, and I do hope he sticks around and hopefully some weight training will help.  But I'm not really counting on anyone currently on the roster to be part of the next great MD team.

He's not on the Bruno/Sticks track, but he's just below that, IMO.  I also think he's more likely to spend 3 or 4 years in college than either of those guys, who frankly surprised me a little by returning for their sophomore years, so if true he'll have a longer time to develop and could end up matching their impact by his junior or senior season.

Others have made Ibekwe and Gist comps, and I think those are pretty accurate in impact if not exactly in style.  His freshman numbers compare pretty favorably to those guys.

Defending without fouling is the big thing he needs to clear up right away to play starter minutes. But as far as improvements to his game, I think finishing around the basket is the next thing.  He missed a lot of close in shots.  Strength should help there, but its gonna be more of a skill development, working with the coaches on those drills where they knock you around with giant pads in the lane and stuff like that.  He's already pretty solid for a guy his size with handling the ball and with not turning it over inside by bringing it low.  I think his jumpshot will be a part of his game starting next season, too, not to the degree it becomes a weapon like with Stix but a part of the offense like with Bruno and Gist.

#78 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:29 AM

Mike mentioned on our latest Talking Terps episode that he’s heard most of the team will be returning, with one reserve player expected to enter the portal at some point soon. But Hart and Scott are expected to be back, along with Reese.

I got to thinking after his sister left, that it might not have any influence on his plans.  I remember hearing that he wanted to play close to home so his mom could go to his games.  Location probably helped Maryland with his staying.

@mikeghg

#79 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:31 AM

The Terps had a number of scholarship players who rarely saw the floor.  I don't think Revaz played 5 minutes all year, so he would be my guess.

@mikeghg

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 April 2022 - 11:47 AM

Having Scott back as a 4th year guy is a nice gift for Willard. Same with Hart. Excited to see how he can develop Reese, that’s one of KW’s strength’s, allegedly, so we’ll see.
  • Mike B likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=