#41 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2022 - 10:51 AM

Qudus Wahab has entered the transfer portal.
@BSLZackKiesel

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 10:55 AM

Wahab will have a real good shot at going down as the most forgettable full-year starter in memory.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:25 PM

Qudus Wahab has entered the transfer portal.

Not surprising.  He just had terrible footwork and questionable hands.  He did well during the OOC part of the schedule, so maybe he winds up at a smaller school, where the competition is a little less.

@mikeghg

#44 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:52 PM

I just think he was used completely wrong.  He wasn't a dud at Georgetown.  Would have liked to have seen him stay to see what Willard could do with him but maybe Willard advised him he'd be better off leaving.

#45 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:54 PM

Reese and Cornish are staying. No news on anyone else so far?

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:54 PM

Reese is staying. Do we know if anyone else has said they are staying.

Cornish is staying.  That's all I've heard.

Donta Scott was pretty visible in many of the intro things for Willard.  Doesn't guarantee he'll stay, but I'd lean pretty confidently towards him returning as well.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#47 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:57 PM

Kind of glad to hear Cornish was more because of an injury and he redshirted. Maybe something there. Gotta find some guards though.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:02 PM

Cornish is staying.  That's all I've heard.

Donta Scott was pretty visible in many of the intro things for Willard.  Doesn't guarantee he'll stay, but I'd lean pretty confidently towards him returning as well.

If Scott stays, Hart probably does as well.

• Mike B likes this

#49 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:25 PM

Saw pictures of Willard working with Reese yesterday so I'd say it's pretty likely Reese isn't going anywhere.

#50 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:26 PM

Saw pictures of Willard working with Reese yesterday so I'd say it's pretty likely Reese isn't going anywhere.

Wahab was in the background of that same picture, but yes it’s still unlikely Reese will leave.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#51 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:51 PM

Kind of glad to hear Cornish was more because of an injury and he redshirted. Maybe something there. Gotta find some guards though.

I'm still intrigued by Martinez.  Not trying to blame everything on Turgeon but thought he looked more comfortable under Manning.  Super athletic kid.  No clue if he'll stay or if Willard wants him to stay.

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:54 PM

I'm still intrigued by Martinez.  Not trying to blame everything on Turgeon but thought he looked more comfortable under Manning.  Super athletic kid.  No clue if he'll stay or if Willard wants him to stay.

I am not sure Martinez is ever going to shoot well enough to play 30 minutes a game.  It got to a point that I was shocked when he made a shot.  He is super athletic though.

@mikeghg

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:57 PM

I am not sure Martinez is ever going to shoot well enough to play 30 minutes a game.  It got to a point that I was shocked when he made a shot.  He is super athletic though.

I agree.  He didn't seem to have any offensive game aside from being able to get above the rim.  Hopefully there is more there and his role can expand.  The athleticism is pretty astonishing.

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:57 PM

If Scott stays, Hart probably does as well.

I go back and forth on whether I want Hart to stay.  If he could develop a mid range game he would be very good, but the 3 point attempts can get very ugly.

@mikeghg

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 02:04 PM

I go back and forth on whether I want Hart to stay.  If he could develop a mid range game he would be very good, but the 3 point attempts can get very ugly.

33% on threes each of the past two seasons.  That's not great, but not bad either.  I don't think he takes a noticeable amount of bad threes, either.  Occasionally he'll throw one up too soon like everyone, but I don't view it as a major problem.

I'd much rather have him stay for his senior year.  I thought he took a big step forward this season and was one of the few bright spots before Fatts took over late.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:18 PM

Definitely want him to stay.  He is the best defensive player on the roster. Can handle the ball.  Dramatically increased his FT% this year, on more attempts per game.

#57 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:39 PM

Wahab will have a real good shot at going down as the most forgettable full-year starter in memory.

I knew there had to be a reason he was transferring away from Patrick Ewing, one of the all-time great centers in NBA history. No way Ewing lets him go or he wants to go if he was worth a crap!

#58 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:19 PM

I knew there had to be a reason he was transferring away from Patrick Ewing, one of the all-time great centers in NBA history. No way Ewing lets him go or he wants to go if he was worth a crap!

I think "not worth a crap" is way too severe of a criticism of Wahab.  If he was terrible, he'd be more memorable.  He was there, is basically all you can say about him.  He wasn't bad.  He wasn't good.  He didn't do anything particularly well or particularly badly.  He was there.  He won't be next year.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:33 PM

CBS Sports had Wahab as the 3rd best transfer entering '21-'22:
https://www.cbssport...mmits-to-texas/

#60 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:47 PM

Patrick Ewing didn't win a single Big East game this year so I think it's reasonable to question how much his excellent playing career has translated to assessing what players are good tbh

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=