• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:54 PM

Balt Sun: 1/16 Mock
https://www.baltimor...nh2y-story.html

14. Baltimore Ravens: David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan

With aging veterans Justin Houston and Pernell McPhee hitting free agency and Tyus Bowser expected to miss significant time with an Achilles injury, the Ravens need a pass rusher. Like rookie Odafe Oweh, his former teammate at New Jersey’s Blair Academy, the 6-5, 250-pound Ojabo is a raw prospect with outstanding athleticism and speed. He racked up 11 sacks and a program-record five forced fumbles this season.

Not even the best on his team since Doon has another Michigan Edge rusher going to Detroit at #2, but the logic behind the speculation makes sense.

#62 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 02:00 PM

With aging veterans Justin Houston and Pernell McPhee hitting free agency and Tyus Bowser expected to miss significant time with an Achilles injury, the Ravens need a pass rusher. Like rookie Odafe Oweh, his former teammate at New Jersey’s Blair Academy, the 6-5, 250-pound Ojabo is a raw prospect with outstanding athleticism and speed. He racked up 11 sacks and a program-record five forced fumbles this season.

I dont really like Ojabo. I feel like he took advantage of teams focusing on Hutchinson. At 14, I like a lot of other players that would be available.

#63 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 02:06 PM

I dont like taking edge at 14 anyway unless a complete stud drops but that wont happen.

#64 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 03:30 PM

I don’t want to hear “raw prospect”. We drafted a few of those last year. It’s win now time. Impact players now.
  • JStruds likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#65 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 06:48 PM

I dont like taking edge at 14 anyway unless a complete stud drops but that wont happen.

Agree. If its me, I take the best available offensive lineman at 14. They can work on the defense after that.

#66 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 11:00 AM

BSL: 2022 NFL Draft Ravens Player Profile: Michigan OLB David Ojabo

https://baltimorespo...lb-david-ojabo/

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@MikeFastNFL

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:49 PM

BSL: 2022 NFL Draft Ravens Player Profile: Michigan OLB David Ojabo

https://baltimorespo...lb-david-ojabo/

I think I could get excited about this pick.

OL, DL S, and edge are my priorities.  Take the best player at any of these positions and I am happy.  Ojabo, IMO fits the Ravens.

@mikeghg

#68 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:59 PM

I'm really hoping Willis, Corral and Pickett go off in their pre-draft workouts. If those three can show out and work their way into the top 10 picks, we have a good chance of a blue chip prospect falling into our Laps at 14.

#69 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:23 AM

I'm really hoping Willis, Corral and Pickett go off in their pre-draft workouts. If those three can show out and work their way into the top 10 picks, we have a good chance of a blue chip prospect falling into our Laps at 14.

Seems like a weak QB year so far. Would be nice to get a little run before our pick.

#70 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:21 AM

Seems like a weak QB year so far. Would be nice to get a little run before our pick.

Usually always one or two guys that separate themselves and boost their stock. I could definitely see Willis or Corral doing that. Willis is the one to watch.

#71 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,358 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 08:50 AM

It would be shocking if at least 2 QBs dont go before we pick. They always rise even if its a year where their true talent is 2nd round grade
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#72 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:06 AM

Pickett's going top 10 & maybe Corral. The others are 2nd & 3rd rd. Unless a team tries to move up from early 2nd into late 1st for a QB.

#73 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:12 AM

It would be shocking if at least 2 QBs dont go before we pick. They always rise even if its a year where their true talent is 2nd round grade

Its between Carolina, Denver & Washington for the top 2. Detroit will the Rams pick could grab the 3rd ranked late 1st. Houston could also be a wild card not knowing what will become of Watson.

#74 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:20 AM

Pickett's going top 10 & maybe Corral. The others are 2nd & 3rd rd. Unless a team tries to move up from early 2nd into late 1st for a QB.

Unless he completely bombs his workouts or interviews, I would bet the house on Malik Willis being a first rounder. Depending on those workouts and interviews, possibly a top 15 pick.

#75 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:02 AM

Its between Carolina, Denver & Washington for the top 2. Detroit will the Rams pick could grab the 3rd ranked late 1st. Houston could also be a wild card not knowing what will become of Watson.

Would love to see all three go QB with their picks. Also wouldn't rule out the Giants, Atlanta or Minnesota for a QB. Cousins is on his last year, perfect opportunity to grab a top QB prospect and let him sit for a year ans learn. Same with ATL. The Giants for obvious reasons, Jones is terrible and they have no other options currently on the roster.

Movement of Watson, Rodgers or Wilson obviously would change some things.

#76 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 January 2022 - 01:35 PM

If Pitts is going to be good, I just hope he doesn’t fall to Pittsburgh. Their fans are already clamoring for him. If he’s going to suck, I hope he does. I’d hate a Pitts who played at Pitt to become the next Roethlisberger for the Steelers. That would suck. I’m annoyed at just the thought of it.
  • Mike B likes this

#77 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:28 PM

If Pitts is going to be good, I just hope he doesn’t fall to Pittsburgh. Their fans are already clamoring for him. If he’s going to suck, I hope he does. I’d hate a Pitts who played at Pitt to become the next Roethlisberger for the Steelers. That would suck. I’m annoyed at just the thought of it.

If they want him they better move into the top 10.

#78 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,358 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:21 PM

Just saw a mock that had us taking a DB from Florida named Elam. No. Just no. Thats not fair to the kid making a blanket statement based on how big of a bust his uncle was here but no.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#79 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:30 PM

Just saw a mock that had us taking a DB from Florida named Elam. No. Just no. Thats not fair to the kid making a blanket statement based on how big of a bust his uncle was here but no.

Taking a ____ from UF named _____ is always a mistake.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

@fuzydunlop

#80 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:34 PM

That would be just inviting disaster. I'm actually a bit sour on taking anyone from Florida, since Perriman also was from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=