623 replies to this topic

#101 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,674 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 02:05 PM

Jordan Davis just feels like a Ravens type player and one they value as a run stopping DT. Wont be surprised if he ends up as Williams replacement next year.

#102 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 06:22 PM

Jordan Davis just feels like a Ravens type player and one they value as a run stopping DT. Wont be surprised if he ends up as Williams replacement next year.

I'd hate him as our first rounder. He's not a dynamic, game changing playmaker. And he has to come off of the field way too much. If Leal (assuming Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are long gone) isn't there, I don't want to go d-line at 14. Give me Linderbaum, Green, Dean or Llyod over Davis.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#103 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 06:48 PM

My Top 5 favorite players in this draft:

Washington CB Trent McDuffie
Michigan EDGE David Ojabo
Miami (Ohio) S Sterling Weatherford
Montana State LB Troy Andersen
UConn DT Travis Jones

What about you all?

No Linderbaum?

#104 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 09:49 PM

My Top 5 favorite players in this draft:

Washington CB Trent McDuffie
Michigan EDGE David Ojabo
Miami (Ohio) S Sterling Weatherford
Montana State LB Troy Andersen
UConn DT Travis Jones

What about you all?

I'd say mine are:

S Kyle Hamilton
CB Ahmad Gardner
C Tyler Linderbaum
OL Kenyon Green
DE Cameron Thomas

#105 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 09:06 AM

BSL: 2022 Ravens Draft Profiles: Logan Hall and Isaiah Likely

https://baltimorespo...-isaiah-likely/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@MikeFastNFL

#106 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 11:10 AM

If we somehow get McDuffie in round 2 I’d be thrilled. Been seeing him mocked in round 1 a lot. If we can come away with Karlaftis in round 1 and then McDuffie in round 2 I’d be thrilled

#107 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:43 PM

For the first pick, I still like to see the Ravens select the best player available, regardless of position. That's the best strategy for the long run. I think they need to draft a minimum of two tackles. Mekari is OK as a swing/backup, but Stanley and James are strictly long shots to me. Going into next season with an OL like they did last season should be grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.

#108 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,169 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:46 PM

For the first pick, I still like to see the Ravens select the best player available, regardless of position. That's the best strategy for the long run. I think they need to draft a minimum of two tackles. Mekari is OK as a swing/backup, but Stanley and James are strictly long shots to me. Going into next season with an OL like they did last season should be grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.

It'll be easy to do that this year because there are so many positions of need.  But I still don't think you'd suggest they draft a QB, RB, or WR if that guy is the top player available, would you?  I'd also exclude TE.

Everything else is on the table.  

• JStruds likes this

#109 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:50 PM

It'll be easy to do that this year because there are so many positions of need.  But I still don't think you'd suggest they draft a QB, RB, or WR if that guy is the top player available, would you?  I'd also exclude TE.

Everything else is on the table.  

I think that by now they have had some frank discussions on who they think will be back at 100% for 2022.  This season has taught us that every team in the league has holes, but I expect the Ravens to be strategic in what they draft and sign.  This is a good team if the right guys come back, but I expect the defensive front 7 and the Oline to be the priorities.

@mikeghg

#110 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,674 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 02:00 PM

Looks like most of the Top 15 prospects are either QB, WR, OL, DB, Edge. Ravens wont be drafting a QB or WR but otherwise yes BPA. I will say I see some ILB types pretty high too. Dont think they will go that direction either.

#111 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2022 - 02:11 PM

I think the Ravens will draft a running back in this draft.  Not in the first 2 rounds unless a Dobbins  like opportunity becomes available, but I think the 3rd round is a possibility.  The back will be someone comfortable with the read option.

@mikeghg

#112 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 06:10 PM

I think the Ravens will draft a running back in this draft. Not in the first 2 rounds unless a Dobbins like opportunity becomes available, but I think the 3rd round is a possibility. The back will be someone comfortable with the read option.

They can find someone like that with one of their 4th round picks. I'd love to see them go D and OL exclusively in the first 3 rounds.
  • JStruds likes this

#113 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 07:52 PM

I mean, unless the Ravens can figure out a trade for an elite WR, I cannot understand why you wouldn't look to take a stud wideout with the Ravens first round pick. The goal is to spread the defense so Jackson can pick it apart. 

#114 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,568 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2022 - 07:56 PM

I mean, unless the Ravens can figure out a trade for an elite WR, I cannot understand why you wouldn't look to take a stud wideout with the Ravens first round pick. The goal is to spread the defense so Jackson can pick it apart.

He had his MVP season with far less a receiving corps than currently. Keeping him upright has to be the goal. He’s a good decision maker with time.

#115 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:01 PM

He had his MVP season with far less a receiving corps than currently. Keeping him upright has to be the goal. He’s a good decision maker with time.

You also want him to throw more and run less (to keep him upright). I dunno man. The Bengals are in the Super Bowl with arguably one of the worst OLs in the NFL.

#116 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,568 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:15 PM

You also want him to throw more and run less (to keep him upright). I dunno man. The Bengals are in the Super Bowl with arguably one of the worst OLs in the NFL.

Good point. I don’t think Lamar is Burrow though, and I think this offense needs a better line to go with the running attack for Lamar to be Lamar. Ravens basically had Cinci’s line and you saw how that worked out. And it wasn’t because of the WR’s. Andrews was great. Brown was having an awesome season until the line fell apart in the Miami game. Bateman flashed quite a bit. And there were countless examples where WR’s were wide open but the QB had zero time to get the ball out.

#117 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,674 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:22 PM

WR isnt an option at 14. EDC said as much at the presser. Granted he could lie, and you would understand why he might, but he is not.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#118 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:36 PM

Did you not watch the Raiders game?

#119 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 07:13 AM

That OL should have cost them the game in Tenn if the Titans weren't intent on throwing the game away.

• CantonJester likes this

#120 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 08:16 AM

WR makes zero since, considering the O line was abysmal by the end of the season and the D line presented no real challenge to anyone. 

• JStruds likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=