#1161 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:46 AM

I mean, he's got some kind of deep beef with the Ravens. It's pretty wild really. I get no org is perfect, and he sees things differently in terms of how they manage the cap - but he takes it to a point that makes the Ravens seem like they're the Orioles instead of the 2-time modern World Champion, consistent, top-class organization that they are.

He criticizes them for always being up against the cap, but then calls them cheap.  He is another guy who thinks there opinions are always fact.  I tune both the guys from that show out.  I have listened to them for a couple of months.

@mikeghg

#1162 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 12:03 PM

I mean, he's got some kind of deep beef with the Ravens. It's pretty wild really. I get no org is perfect, and he sees things differently in terms of how they manage the cap - but he takes it to a point that makes the Ravens seem like they're the Orioles instead of the 2-time modern World Champion, consistent, top-class organization that they are.

Whatever his own actual views, and whatever may be the source of his negativity, you have to keep in mind that he is basically a professional troll. His job is to stir up controversy, start arguments to burn up air time so they can sell ads. If someone wants to learn actual information about sports, there are far more productive and insightful analysts.

• bmore_ken likes this

#1163 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 04:01 PM

Whatever his own actual views, and whatever may be the source of his negativity, you have to keep in mind that he is basically a professional troll. His job is to stir up controversy, start arguments to burn up air time so they can sell ads. If someone wants to learn actual information about sports, there are far more productive and insightful analysts.

Can't hate da playa, hate da game  :mrgreen:

#1164 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:28 PM

La Canfora out as the football insider at CBS.

https://www.outkick....jonathan-jones/
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1165 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 07:33 PM

La Canfora out as the football insider at CBS.

https://www.outkick....jonathan-jones/

That headline is gold.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1166 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:05 PM

La Canfora insinuating that the Ravens are cheap, then constantly covering for and making excuses for the Orioles who are barely spending a dime this year on major league payroll, is maybe the stupidest daily routine going. It's a farce.

#1167 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 03:02 AM

That headline is gold.

It is.

He obviously is not well liked or respected by his peers.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 08:48 AM

Balt Sun: Sashi Brown took a unique path to becoming the Ravens’ new team president. His personal touch makes him right for the job, colleagues say.

#1169 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2022 - 11:18 AM

That headline is gold.

Fake News, that is pretty good.  Baltimore now has 2 guys who make stuff up.  Maybe JLC and Mike Preston can do a show.

@mikeghg

#1170 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 11:29 AM

Fake News, that is pretty good.  Baltimore now has 2 guys who make stuff up.  Maybe JLC and Mike Preston can do a show.

I just learned JLC and Jerry Coleman used to do a podcast. Can't imagine...

#1171 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2022 - 11:50 AM

I just learned JLC and Jerry Coleman used to do a podcast. Can't imagine...

The Angry and the Fake??

• russsnyder likes this
@mikeghg

#1172 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2022 - 05:07 PM

Jason Pierre Paul visited the Ravens today.

@mikeghg

#1173 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:53 PM

https://clutchpoints...r-willie-snead/

Willie Snead talking about how much Greg Roman sucks if you're a WR.

#1174 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:57 PM

If the Ravens feel pressured to force more passing it will not go well.  We need to be run first with Lamar and the pressure inevitably is there from both local and national media along with fans to "open" up the offense. Its like people dont learn from the past. You end up bringing in how many OC after Cameron left here?? All but Kubiak handed Flacco the keys and let him throw the ball all over the field. The result was 1 playoff berth(under Kubiak) and what 4 OC from  2013-2017?

#1175 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 10:47 PM

If the Ravens feel pressured to force more passing it will not go well. We need to be run first with Lamar and the pressure inevitably is there from both local and national media along with fans to "open" up the offense. Its like people dont learn from the past. You end up bringing in how many OC after Cameron left here?? All but Kubiak handed Flacco the keys and let him throw the ball all over the field. The result was 1 playoff berth(under Kubiak) and what 4 OC from 2013-2017?

The beef from Snead is not about quantity, it's about quality. Which he's right, and it's exactly why Brown isn't a good fit on our team.

#1176 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 11:47 AM

If the Ravens feel pressured to force more passing it will not go well. We need to be run first with Lamar and the pressure inevitably is there from both local and national media along with fans to "open" up the offense. Its like people dont learn from the past. You end up bringing in how many OC after Cameron left here?? All but Kubiak handed Flacco the keys and let him throw the ball all over the field. The result was 1 playoff berth(under Kubiak) and what 4 OC from 2013-2017?

My hope is that the experiment last season after we lost our whole backfield, served as a warning. Roman simply cannot run an offense predicated on the passing game.

I really think that is why we saw the moves they made. They retooled the offensive line. They drafted 2 more TE's. They resigned Ricard. They've brought in a rookie RB with a lot of potential. And they brought in a vet with some juice left in his legs.

To me, this all signals a return to the ball control, ground and pound style of offense.
  • jamesdean likes this

#1177 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:56 PM

My hope is that the experiment last season after we lost our whole backfield, served as a warning. Roman simply cannot run an offense predicted on the passing game.

I really think that is why we saw the moves they made. They retooled the offensive line. They drafted 2 more TE's. They resigned Ricard. They've brought in a rookie RB with a lot of potential. And they brought in a vet with some juice left in his legs.

To me, this all signals a return to the ball control, ground and pound style of offense.

Totally agree with all this. 

#1178 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:10 PM

My hope is that the experiment last season after we lost our whole backfield, served as a warning. Roman simply cannot run an offense predicated on the passing game.

Even last year with the running game decimated by injuries, I thought Roman could have still been more forceful on the ground. Freeman was actually running with a burst the second half of the season and wasn't utilized properly. It seemed like they'd have a few good runs and then it was back to airing it out again. Yeah, I hope he learned his lesson.

#1179 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 02:41 AM

Is it possible to have someone who can scheme a running game like Roman but can also draw up good routes for pass plays? The uniqueness of the Ravens situation combined with Roman's peerless skill with drawing up a running attack makes it seem like it's impossible. But I feel like it shouldn't be.

#1180 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:47 AM

Is it possible to have someone who can scheme a running game like Roman but can also draw up good routes for pass plays? The uniqueness of the Ravens situation combined with Roman's peerless skill with drawing up a running attack makes it seem like it's impossible. But I feel like it shouldn't be.

They basically did that in 2019. Running game was fantastic, a threat to hurt you in multiple ways including Lamar of course, and Lamar led the NFL in TD passes. Then they hit a playoff game where, basically, one slightly high pass on the first drive goes off Andrews' hands, they fell behind early, the coaching staff panicked, and the running game IMMEDIATELY became the alternative not the primary. Then spent the next two seasons gradually trying to force a different offense.

I feel like this off-season has been a sign that they're coming to grips with what will best suit their skillsets and trending back towards a 2019 mindset. If Lamar is healthy and the O line gives us a little more than '21, I think they'll at least get closer to that.
  • JStruds likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=