• Please log in to reply
3122 replies to this topic

#1181 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:27 AM

Balt SunBonded by Nigerian roots, David Ojabo and Odafe Oweh inspired one another from high school to the Ravens: ‘This story keeps getting better’

#1182 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:36 AM

Is it possible to have someone who can scheme a running game like Roman but can also draw up good routes for pass plays? The uniqueness of the Ravens situation combined with Roman's peerless skill with drawing up a running attack makes it seem like it's impossible. But I feel like it shouldn't be.

You just desribed coaches like Andy Reid, Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan.

#1183 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 07:59 AM

Balt Sun: Five things we learned from the Ravens’ organized team activities

#1184 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 08:00 AM

Balt Ravens.com: 50 Words or Less: This Ravens Secondary Could Be Scary Good

https://www.baltimor...d-be-scary-good

#1185 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 June 2022 - 10:35 AM

If Chuch Clark stays with the team, the personnel packages/defensive formations could be endless. Clark could drop down in the box and either play the run or improve pass coverage vs tight ends. All the while, we'll have 2 safeties that can go get the football. We may even see Hamilton in the slot. We can be very multiple with our safeties and this doesn't even mention what we will be able to do at corner. With Peters and Humphrey returning to health, using Brandon Stephens in a hybrid role and Kyle Fuller as a nice supplement, Mike Macdonald should have a lot in the proverbial toolbox.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1186 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:08 PM

If Chuch Clark stays with the team, the personnel packages/defensive formations could be endless. Clark could drop down in the box and either play the run or improve pass coverage vs tight ends. All the while, we'll have 2 safeties that can go get the football. We may even see Hamilton in the slot. We can be very multiple with our safeties and this doesn't even mention what we will be able to do at corner. With Peters and Humphrey returning to health, using Brandon Stephens in a hybrid role and Kyle Fuller as a nice supplement, Mike Macdonald should have a lot in the proverbial toolbox.

If they drop a safety in the box on passing downs, my money would be on Hamilton. He did it a lot in college. He can run with TE's and RB's out of the backfield. And He knows how to find the gaps and shed/avoid blockers.

I'm good with a two deep shell with Clark and Williams deep, and Hamilton in the box. Our biggest weakness has been underneath, in the middle of the field. Queen has been dominated there throughout his short career so far. Be nice to see Hamilton come in and be able to shut that down.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#1187 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:17 PM

Apparently Wolfe had a second hip surgery. Can't imagine we get anything out of him this year. He said he hopes to live a normal life so it sounds a lot like retirement.

Kind of annoying since he posted a couple weeks ago on instagram a pic carrying a black bear on his back after hunting.

That was a dud of an extension.

#1188 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:23 PM

Apparently Wolfe had a second hip surgery. Can't imagine we get anything out of him this year. He said he hopes to live a normal life so it sounds a lot like retirement.

Kind of annoying since he posted a couple weeks ago on instagram a pic carrying a black bear on his back after hunting.

Ugh. Not the biggest deal but yeah, dud of an extension.

#1189 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

They reached an injury settlement with Wolfe so he's gone.

#1190 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 14 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

https://profootballt...th-derek-wolfe/

Well here's your answer to that one.

#1191 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 04:49 PM

Didn't seem to have any trouble taking exotic hunts. I just think he didn't have any more interest in playing football. That's his choice.

#1192 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 06:17 PM

Reports from mini-camp say Jackson looked good. Continued good rapport with Andrews, and he and Bateman seemed to be cliquing very good so far. First reported pass of 2022 for Lamar was a TD to Bateman. Also apparently had a lot more zip and a tighter spiral.

Pretty much what you expect to hear from the first mini camp practice.

Hear Hamilton continues to impress as well. Always good to hear your top pick is practicing as advertised.

#1193 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:05 PM

Intrigued by this young WR corp of Bateman, Duvernay, Proche, and Wallace.

Much better than the years of praying for Tandon Doss or Deonte Thompson to be something special.

#1194 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:33 PM

I'm not sure anyone besides Bateman is better than the latter group you mention. Hope so, for sure, because we're counting on them to be. I'm more optimistic about Proche than Duvernay as a WR. No expectations for Wallace to contribute.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#1195 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:53 PM

Duvernay proved big in his opportunities last year. Not sure why there is more skepticism there than with Proche.

#1196 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 08:12 PM

I don't recall him proving particularly big. Decent catch rate, but he is targeted shallowly most of the time, and not much production on a per route or catch basis. I think he has good agility skills but don't see Roman's offense giving him much opportunity to use those.

I'm not wild about either guy. Asking a lot from the pair. Hopefully they can deliver.

#1197 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 08:17 PM

I disagree. Duvernay can be a legit #2 or #3 WR  IMO

#1198 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 08:18 PM

#3 I believe. #2 I'm skeptical

#1199 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 05:42 AM

#3 I believe. #2 I'm skeptical

In our offense he's a #2. He isn't as fast as Brown. But he has legitimate deep speed, do he can play the role of field stretcher, while Bateman and Andrews work the rest of the field.

#1200 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 06:09 AM

I'm not sure anyone besides Bateman is better than the latter group you mention. Hope so, for sure, because we're counting on them to be. I'm more optimistic about Proche than Duvernay as a WR. No expectations for Wallace to contribute.

I pretty much agree with all of that. A lot of people here were down on Brown, but I have a feeling we're going to miss him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=