#5321 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:24 PM

Colin Cowherd said acquiring LJ puts them right back into SB contention.

Proves Cowherd hasn’t watched Lamar’s playoff performances.
  • Mike in STL, russsnyder and mdrunning like this

#5322 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,007 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:26 PM

Proves you havent watched Lamar play football period. Of course he makes them a SB contender. You're the one trying to sell a Mac Jones as good enough with this roster yet the Pats would jump through hoops at the opportunity to swap QBs. 

#5323 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:28 PM

Proves you havent watched Lamar play football period. Of course he makes them a SB contender. You're the one trying to sell a Mac Jones as good enough with this roster yet the Pats would jump through hoops at the opportunity to swap QBs.

Mac Jones blows. You need to chill tfo man. Bunch of nonsense. You think you’re talking anyone here into loving Lamar who doesn’t already? Just stop.

#5324 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:29 PM

I still believe most of that blame falls on the coaching staff. I know there's something to the argument that great QBs overcome these situations. But I don't think that works for the argument against LJ's post season W'L record. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#5325 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:30 PM

Colin Cowherd said acquiring LJ puts them right back into SB contention. 

With their current roster?  I doubt it. 

#5326 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:34 PM

With their current roster?  I doubt it. 

I wouldn't know either way. But I thought I'd share. I remember he commented on "great coach, great culture" 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#5327 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,007 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:34 PM

I will say this. The Ravens have shown Lamar nothing but love and despite how some people frame it of course it is the Ravens first and foremost for me. Players come and go. If its business and frustration over business I can find a way past that. If Lamar really wants out and thinks the Ravens have done him dirty in some way then see ya. 100%. This is assuming something doesnt come out that the Ravens have done him dirty in some way we dont know about but from the outside looking in it sure looks like its been nothing but love.

#5328 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:39 PM

I wouldn't know either way. But I thought I'd share. I remember he commented on "great coach, great culture" 

Lamar would certainly be an upgrade over Jones but the supporting cast is mediocre.  Maybe he'd get them to 9 wins if he stayed healthy the whole year but they have a long way to go to be in Buffalo's class, even with Lamar. 

• weird-O likes this

#5329 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:40 PM

It's been 12 days with no contract offer. Who are they trading him too that doesn't want him without a trade?

If Jackson signs the tag with the Ravens, the Landscape changes dramatically. One, the other team does not have to get two # 1's. It's a compromise, the Ravens will get less because Jackson wants to get out and Jackson has the potential to sign a ling term deal with his new team.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5330 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:42 PM

That's awesome.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5331 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:43 PM

Lamar has been suffering with bad OC disorder.
  • weird-O likes this

#5332 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:44 PM

I think the Ravens could get more if Jackson signs the tag and are able to explore the trade route. I think 2 #1's for Lamar is a pretty cheap price depending on where in the first round the picks are.

#5333 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

The metrics don't change just because we now know Lamar has requested a trade. Assuming he's still insisting on a full guarantee, the challenge is going to be finding someone who is willing to pay it.

And then we'll be right back to square one. . .

#5334 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

If Jackson signs the tag with the Ravens, the Landscape changes dramatically. One, the other team does not have to get two # 1's. It's a compromise, the Ravens will get less because Jackson wants to get out and Jackson has the potential to sign a ling term deal with his new team.

So your plan is to trade Lamar for less than 2 firsts?

#5335 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:46 PM

The metrics don't change just because we now know Lamar has requested a trade. Assuming he's still insisting on a full guarantee, the challenge is going to be finding someone who is willing to pay it.

And then we'll be right back to square one. . .

I said the same thing. They're aren't exactly lining up to pay him.
  • mdrunning likes this

#5336 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:47 PM

I know I'm probably a fool for asking this, but who is Meek Mill? My pop culture is somewhat dated.

Meek Mill. Sounds like a Jim Rouse community.

#5337 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:49 PM

I know I'm probably a fool for asking this, but who is Meek Mill? My pop culture is somewhat dated.

Meek Mill. Sounds like a Jim Rouse community.

He's a rapper

#5338 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:49 PM

I can see it working the other way, actually.  If Lamar signs the tender, then he can seek a deal elsewhere and the team and the Ravens can agree on trade compensation that is more than two firsts with the assurance that the Ravens won't match the offer sheet.  If the team doesn't offer more than two #1s, then the Ravens match the sheet.

#5339 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:52 PM

A lot depends on whether the team thinks Lamar is going to play on the tag or hold out (and then everything depends on them being correct on that if they act as if he will).  That pivot point really dictates so much in this entire process.  All along I've assumed Lamar would not play on the tag and instead hold out.  I think that based on the things the team has done so far, it seems like they think he'll take the cash and play.  And at least so far they've successfully gambled that no other team is going to sign him to an offer sheet that they wouldn't match.

A lot depends on whether the team thinks Lamar is going to play on the tag or hold out (and then everything depends on them being correct on that if they act as if he will).  That pivot point really dictates so much in this entire process.  All along I've assumed Lamar would not play on the tag and instead hold out.  I think that based on the things the team has done so far, it seems like they think he'll take the cash and play.

#5340 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:53 PM

A point so nice, you needed to make it twice!
  • Mackus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=