407 replies to this topic

#21 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 06:39 AM

I could definitely see 10 being good enough, but it's gonna be tight with all these AFCN games coming up amongst the entire division. My concern is less with any one team left on the schedule being so great, and more so that we are seeing the same problems and mistakes repeatedly drive after drive and game after game. And I believe the margin for error will be thinner in this second half of the season.

They'll hopefully get a few more guys healthy and back in the line-up, but I don't think that's meaningfully changing what we've already seen. The problems that go beyond talent are disturbing when they continue consistently happening well into the midpoint of the season.

Lotta ball left to be played, but I think we know who the Ravens are this season. A mistake-prone team who starts way too slow, and relies on one guy to turn it around. Not able to effectively run the ball and falling behind the chains. Regularly playing from behind. Busted coverages and communication breakdowns on defense, to go with poor tackling and limited pass rush.

Sounds more like a 7-10 team. (LOL) 

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:02 PM

#23 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:30 PM

This is Lamar's 3rd illness this season, not including Covid.  I just don't get it, how can a pro athlete get sick so often?  With his age and the shape he is in his immune system should be a coat of armor but it isn't.  

#24 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:09 PM

enhanced-504-1581363859-1.jpg

chris-traeger-flu.gif

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and Hooded Viper like this

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2021 - 03:51 PM

This is Lamar's 3rd illness this season, not including Covid.  I just don't get it, how can a pro athlete get sick so often?  With his age and the shape he is in his immune system should be a coat of armor but it isn't.  

I almost think it is rest days although it looks like others have something going on this week.

@mikeghg

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2021 - 03:52 PM

I don't like the IL this week.

Williams and McPhee out and a bunch of others questionable.  The secondary is hit hard.

@mikeghg

#27 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:05 PM

I don't like the IL this week.

Williams and McPhee out and a bunch of others questionable.  The secondary is hit hard.

So what else is new with this team?  It's pretty obvious the blood bath is going to go right through week 18.  Who knows who will still be standing by then.  If I'm Bisciotti, I'd make that Priority No. 1 when the season's over- why the hell did my team have this many injuries? 

#28 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:21 PM

Anyone know if Lamar, Bateman and Marquise practiced today?

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:23 PM

bw3cZqd.png

The injury list. Good lord. 3 out. 10 questionable. 

52 on roster. 3 out makes 49. Likely add Isaiah Mack as a call up with Williams out. With all the Q's, who knows. Could be Wilkins getting a call up for CB depth. Or Sharpe using his last call up if Mekari or Ogbuehi sit. 

PS call ups take you to 51. Which three sit with 10 guys questionable?

[Shrugs shoulders]

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:24 PM

Anyone know if Lamar, Bateman and Marquise practiced today?

All three did. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#31 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:40 PM

Khalil Mack is out for the year for foot surgery. You hate to see it, but that helps a ton this week.

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:23 PM

This is Lamar's 3rd illness this season, not including Covid. I just don't get it, how can a pro athlete get sick so often? With his age and the shape he is in his immune system should be a coat of armor but it isn't.

I mean, we've basically been in a country-wide quarantine for pretty much 2 years now. Ask any doctor and this was a fear of theirs. They know as soon as things go back to normal, viruses and bacteria are going to wreak havoc on immune systems for a couple of years. When you're constantly sanitizing and wearing a mask for over a year, then stop doing that, even basic viruses that your body used to kick out immediately will hit you a little harder than normal. Until your immune system rebuilds its response to everything again.
  • Hooded Viper, Mashed Potatoes and BaltBird 24 like this

#33 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

Ravens are 0-3 lifetime at Soldier Field. It looks like it's going to be a chilly, windy day so if ever there was a time to find the rushing attack, it will be tomorrow. Mekari returning to practice certainly bodes well. If he can go, that allows you to at least rotate Phillips and Powers at LG. Given that Murray questionable with the ankle and with what Harbaugh had to say about Ty'Son Williams, I think there's a very good chance that McCrary gets called up. Since they are short this week, at a minimum, they may need the extra body for special teams.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 08:51 AM

Is McCrary on special teams?

#35 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:56 AM

Is McCrary on special teams?

I would presume he played some teams in the pre-season. With some of the injuries, they may need the bodies.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:07 AM

Williams was a practice squad RB last year and he doesn't play on special teams.  I'm not sure we can assume that McCrary does.  Obviously would help his case for elevation if he can.

#37 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:34 PM

It's plain to me that Harbaugh and the staff have issues with Williams. Whether it's the fumbles, missed assignments, poor pass protection, missing cutback lanes, etc, the proof is in the pudding. Williams has been a healthy scratch and last week, he was active yet had zero offensive snaps. I'm not really sure what they're doing with Williams but to me, it's pretty damning that Bell and his 2.7 YPC average was getting the looks over him. Especially when the rushing attack has generally lacked any explosiveness this year.

If Williams has played/practiced himself out of a role, that's fine but something has to give with this running game. This week is going to be interesting because Murray is questionable and, if he plays, he's likely on a pitch count. Are they comfortable with just Murray and Freeman? 

@primetime667083

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:10 PM

It's plain to me that Harbaugh and the staff have issues with Williams. Whether it's the fumbles, missed assignments, poor pass protection, missing cutback lanes, etc, the proof is in the pudding. Williams has been a healthy scratch and last week, he was active yet had zero offensive snaps. I'm not really sure what they're doing with Williams but to me, it's pretty damning that Bell and his 2.7 YPC average was getting the looks over him. Especially when the rushing attack has generally lacked any explosiveness this year.

If Williams has played/practiced himself out of a role, that's fine but something has to give with this running game. This week is going to be interesting because Murray is questionable and, if he plays, he's likely on a pitch count. Are they comfortable with just Murray and Freeman? 

Maybe McCrary gets a chance to show what he can do.  Anything new would be refreshing at this point.  I think it should have been Williams and McCrary right from the beginning, instead of Freeman and Murray.  That said, I still think they haven't used Freeman enough lately.  I think he showed enough burst and effectiveness to warrant 15-20 carries.  Bell was a waste of several games and proved nothing other than that he's done.  We'll see what happens on Sunday but like you said, something has to give with the running attack and SOON. 

• PrimeTime likes this

#39 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:45 PM

Maybe McCrary gets a chance to show what he can do.  Anything new would be refreshing at this point.  I think it should have been Williams and McCrary right from the beginning, instead of Freeman and Murray.  That said, I still think they haven't used Freeman enough lately.  I think he showed enough burst and effectiveness to warrant 15-20 carries.  Bell was a waste of several games and proved nothing other than that he's done.  We'll see what happens on Sunday but like you said, something has to give with the running attack and SOON. 

Another thing, I wouldn't mind seeing some more touches for Duvernay in the running game and not just on jet sweeps. He's explosive and somewhat elusive. From a size standpoint, Duvernay is very comparable to Dobbins. (Duvernay is listed at 5'11", 210; Dobbins is 5'10", 212) It would be a little bit outside the box but at this point, why not? Good things happen when #13 touches the football.

@primetime667083

#40 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:33 PM

Another thing, I wouldn't mind seeing some more touches for Duvernay in the running game and not just on jet sweeps. He's explosive and somewhat elusive. From a size standpoint, Duvernay is very comparable to Dobbins. (Duvernay is listed at 5'11", 210; Dobbins is 5'10", 212) It would be a little bit outside the box but at this point, why not? Good things happen when #13 touches the football.

I would be all for it, especially since he's hardly ever a part of passing plays.  Get his talents more involved. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=