Photo

College Football 2021: General Talk (Georgia Wins Title)

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#981 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 01 January 2022 - 11:21 PM

ILB wasn’t necessarily a weak spot for the Terps this season, but I still can’t help wondering “what if” while watching Chance Campbell playing for Ole Miss.

#982 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:33 AM

That was a very nice and impressive season for Dave Aranda and Baylor, a 10-win improvement off last season. I have to believe a couple schools reached out to him last month about interviewing for their head coaching jobs, but he immediately declined so we never heard any rumors. I’m sure more schools will come calling for him again next year.

#983 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:44 AM

I generally like Kirk Herbstreit, but he is getting dragged on Twitter by other college football media types (deservedly so IMO) for saying on Gameday that players who opt out of bowls don’t love the game as much. Bad take, Herbie.

#984 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:52 AM

Matt Corral is hurt, and can barely walk off the field. Prime example of why players opt out.

Good news is Kiffin said postgame X-rays were negative. Probably a high ankle sprain that shouldn’t affect his draft status.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#985 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:47 AM

Fact I Read Today That Interested Me:

25 years ago Florida won its first-ever national championship. Since then, there hasn’t been a first-time natty winner. And since there won’t be this year, no matter which of Alabama/Georgia wins, that 25 years is the longest stretch we’ve seen without one.

#986 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 06:10 PM

The Funniest Part of Caleb Williams Hitting the Transfer Portal:

Oklahoma fans complaining about the transfer portal. How quickly they managed to forget that they had back-to-back-to-back transfer QBs that got invites to NYC.

What's good for the goose....

#987 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2022 - 08:15 PM

UCF transfer QB Dillon Gabriel is now headed to Oklahoma after initially announcing he’d be transferring to UCLA.
@BSLZackKiesel

#988 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2022 - 09:33 PM

Georgia is being reported as the early favorites for Caleb Williams.
@BSLZackKiesel

#989 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 10:17 PM

The last bowl game, not counting the title game next week, is going on now. It’s the Texas Bowl, Kansas State vs LSU, and it’s not pretty. LSU had only 39 scholarship players available, and none of them were a QB, so they have a WR playing there. It’s going about as well as you’d expect (KSU up 21-0 mid 2nd Qtr).

This game is probably Exhibit A for the Too Many Bowl Games crowd. I don’t agree, but this might be a case where common sense should prevail and the organizers should see if there’s someone else out there Kansas St could have played. We knew it was going to be this way for LSU for quite a while.

UPDATE: And naturally right after I say all this, said WR playing QB throws a beautiful TD pass.

#990 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 10:23 PM

Georgia is being reported as the early favorites for Caleb Williams.

Pete Thamel said he spoke to Caleb’s father, and said the family is on a vacation and no rumors of early favorites are true. Georgia makes sense from a championship caliber roster standpoint, but their history of QB development under Kirby Smart is not great. Clemson is an interesting name I heard tossed around. I just hope he steers clear of the Big Ten….with one exception, of course.

#991 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2022 - 10:25 PM

Can they get him there before Monday?

#992 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:14 PM

CBS Sports: Alabama vs. Georgia: Picks for national title game

#993 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:01 PM

On3.com: It feels like a matter of time: Players are going to opt out of the CFP

This would be once we get to expansion with 12 teams.

#994 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:37 PM

If you subscribe to the “wherever the girlfriend of the player who’s in the portal goes to school is where he’s transferring” theory (which has been proven right for Adrian Martinez, Kedon Slovis, and Levi Williams so far this year), then Caleb Williams is headed to North Carolina. Do with that what you will.
@BSLZackKiesel

#995 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:16 PM

The powers-that-be announced that Las Vegas and Miami will host the CFP title game for the 2024 and 2025 seasons, respectively. Interestingly, each venue has two dates reserved for the game: 1/6/25 or 1/20/25 for Vegas and 1/5/26 or 1/19/26 for Miami, the latter dates being in case we see Playoff expansion by then (which appears increasingly unlikely).

The 2026 season will be the first after the current CFP contract expires, and I think we will almost certainly see an expanded Playoff that year.

#996 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:09 AM

ESPN: Alabama vs. Georgia for the CFP National Championship may be Kirby Smart's seminal moment

https://www.espn.com...-seminal-moment

#997 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 06:08 PM

BSL: College Football 2021 - Championship Game Preview

The end of another season is here. I imagine this matchup isn't the one many were hoping for. But we definitely have the two best teams, which is what a championship game should be, and this could end up being a really good game, just like the last time they played for the title.

So check out my thoughts and pick!

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#998 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 03:44 PM

CBS Sports: College Football Playoff predictions, odds: Expert picks for Alabama vs. Georgia in national championship

https://www.cbssport...l-championship/

#999 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:12 PM

CBS Sports: Alabama vs. Georgia 2022: Dawgs bring Tide blast from their past as styles clash in national championship

https://www.cbssport...l-championship/

#1000 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 08:47 AM

CBS Sports: National championship 2022: Five keys to Alabama beating Georgia and winning the College Football

https://www.cbssport...otball-playoff/

CBS Sports: National championship 2022: Five keys to Georgia beating Alabama and winning the College Football Playoff

https://www.cbssport...otball-playoff/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=