#21 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:31 PM

I think the interception into triple coverage was forced just as a product of feeling like they had to score every drive early on, I don't think he makes that throw if the opposing QB is Kirk Cousins or whatever

#22 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:31 AM

I think the interception into triple coverage was forced just as a product of feeling like they had to score every drive early on, I don't think he makes that throw if the opposing QB is Kirk Cousins or whatever

I feel like at times he’s got for eyes for Hollywood and no one else, and that’s why he forced that one. Later on he stared him down the whole time and missed but had Andrews wide open in the same vicinity but never saw him.

Target share will say he finds other guys. But some plays I think he predetermines that ball is going to his homeboy no matter what.
@BSLMikeRandall

#23 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:34 AM

After rewatching, I think you have to give a lot of credit to the coordinator for the zone design on that one. Lamar read man cover 0 pre snap and thought Brown would have the middle of the field to himself. Instead KC dropped back into a cover 2, and they have an all-world safety who made it work.

Also lost in the mix, I think it's important to note how great Marquise Brown played against KC. He was open all night, and did a lot after the catch as well. He was a big reason for us being able to win that game.
  • Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#24 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:58 AM

fter rewatching, I think you have to give a lot of credit to the coordinator for the zone design on that one. Lamar read man cover 0 pre snap and thought Brown would have the middle of the field to himself. Instead KC dropped back into a cover 2, and they have an all-world safety who made it work.

Also lost in the mix, I think it's important to note how great Marquise Brown played against KC. He was open all night, and did a lot after the catch as well. He was a big reason for us being able to win that game.

Huh, good call, it was a zone blitz - they sent a CB (L'Jarius Sneed) to blitz and dropped a safety (Thornhill) and LB (Niemann) to cover Brown.  Gutsy call but they can probably afford to do that with Mathieu over the top.  I shudder to think what Mahomes would do with Deshon Elliott and Patrick Queen covering Tyreek.  I'm assuming Lamar will learn from this and be able to adjust to these wrinkles.

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:36 AM

Villanueva

Week 1: 10 pressures allowed. 13.4 pass block grade. 73.0 run block grade

Week 2: 0 pressures allowed, 81.4 pass block grade, 89.1 run block grade

Mekari

Week 2: 75 snaps at RT. 0 pressures allowed, 77.4 pass block grade. 58.1 run block grade

Bozeman

Week 1 and 2 combined: 144 snaps. 0 pressures allowed. 77.9 pass block grade, 73.9 run block grade

Zeitler

Week 1 and 2 combined: 144 snaps. 1 pressure allowed (W1). 72.5 pass block grade, 60.8 run block grade.

Powers

Week 2: 44 snaps at LG. 0 pressures allowed. 85.8 pass block grade, 52.6 run block grade

Cleveland

Week 2, replaced Powers at LG. 32 snaps. 0 pressures allowed, 71.4 pass block grade, 52.7 run block grade

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:56 AM

Love the new profile pic, Mike! Hell yeah.

• Mike in STL likes this

#27 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:21 AM

I feel like at times he’s got for eyes for Hollywood and no one else, and that’s why he forced that one. Later on he stared him down the whole time and missed but had Andrews wide open in the same vicinity but never saw him.

Target share will say he finds other guys. But some plays I think he predetermines that ball is going to his homeboy no matter what.

Things are going to be interesting when Bateman gets healthy. Will things open up more for Andrews? 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#28 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:22 AM

Things are going to be interesting when Bateman gets healthy. Will things open up more for Andrews? 

Boyle. Boyle is the missing piece there. I think. 

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#29 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:49 AM

Boyle. Boyle is the missing piece there. I think. 

True.  I think overall, if they can avoid anymore season ending injuries on offense, get Bateman back healthy, continue to evolve in a positive way along the line, sustain an already impressive running attack, the sky is the limit what this offense could become.  The secondary is not playing well right now but hopefully, they'll get themselves back on track too.  Amazing how a win like Sunday night can transform even the most pessimistic diehard. 

• Mike B and JordanKough like this

#30 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:56 AM

True.  I think overall, if they can avoid anymore season ending injuries on offense, get Bateman back healthy, continue to evolve in a positive way along the line, sustain an already impressive running attack, the sky is the limit what this offense could become.  The secondary is not playing well right now but hopefully, they'll get themselves back on track too.  Amazing how a win like Sunday night can transform even the most pessimistic diehard. 

You've totally changed your point of view! :) Glad to see it brother. 

They'll sustain more injuries, and honestly, they'll be fine. There are 2 or 3 critical guys that really can't go down at this point, but beyond that, I think this team, with Lamar can go as far as he takes them. 

There is still a lot of depth on this team and you've already seen a coaching staff that adjusted when things got tough. The number of additions that will come back from the IR at this point will only bolster this team further, IMO. 

#31 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:58 AM

How much time do they expect Stanley to miss?

#32 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:09 AM

How much time do they expect Stanley to miss?

Hasn't been said yet. I think it's just a healing/post injury typical stuff rather than structural setback type issue. 

It's a good thing that we've got a few lighter games on the schedule next. 

• DuffMan likes this

#33 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:26 AM

Hasn't been said yet. I think it's just a healing/post injury typical stuff rather than structural setback type issue. 

It's a good thing that we've got a few lighter games on the schedule next. 

That's what I'm thinking,  I'm just wondering if he was really ready to go for the opener?

#34 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:34 AM

That's what I'm thinking,  I'm just wondering if he was really ready to go for the opener?

I think some of it is you just don't know you get back out there. And it's confidence in the injury healing, etc. So...it's tough. 

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:37 AM

Based on the results, I think it is fair to assume that Ronnie was not ready.  I thought he started okay during the Raiders game and then struggled as the game went on.  I am sure it tightened up.

@mikeghg

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:39 AM

I think getting Jimmy Smith and Westry back will bolster the secondary.

The positive, IMo on the secondary is AA is playing well.

@mikeghg

#37 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:58 AM

Plus Boyle, Bateman, Boykin to go with Stanley, Smith, Wolfe all coming back at some point. And there is a chance that Tyre Phillips could be back, too. 

There are reinforcements on the way. 

#38 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:43 AM

I've been pretty down on AA, and he played pretty bad IMO against LV, but he played really well vs KC against some tough assignments.  If he keeps this up I might have to eat crow.

#39 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 02:04 PM

I've been pretty down on AA, and he played pretty bad IMO against LV, but he played really well vs KC against some tough assignments.  If he keeps this up I might have to eat crow.

I'm still holding out having an opinion on him since he really hasn't been a starter long enough.  That said, the main problem with this defense(secondary especially) is very poor tackling.  I get it that Kelce is an All-Pro but there were at least 5 missed tackles on that 46 yard TD.  Inexcusable on a professional level.  And Humphrey is included in that critique.  They really need to get back to basic, tackling fundamentals because I'm sure it drives the coaches to distraction.  They keep talking about missing Peters but he was another one who's tackling left a lot to be desired.  It's something that needs to improve going forward. 

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 September 2021 - 02:20 PM

I'm still holding out having an opinion on him since he really hasn't been a starter long enough.  That said, the main problem with this defense(secondary especially) is very poor tackling.  I get it that Kelce is an All-Pro but there were at least 5 missed tackles on that 46 yard TD.  Inexcusable on a professional level.  And Humphrey is included in that critique.  They really need to get back to basic, tackling fundamentals because I'm sure it drives the coaches to distraction.  They keep talking about missing Peters but he was another one who's tackling left a lot to be desired.  It's something that needs to improve going forward. 

Agreed about the tackling, but I have not heard the Ravens say anything about any of the injured who will not be back, with the exception of wishing them well.  

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=