#41 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 August 2021 - 10:22 AM

Allyson Felix took 3rd in the 400 this morning.  That's 10 olympic medals in 5 olympics!

• Old Man likes this

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,980 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 08:38 AM

NPR: U.S. Women Win 4x400, And Allyson Felix Becomes The Most Decorated U.S. Track Athlete

https://www.npr.org/...d-track-athlete

#43 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:16 PM

Prefontaine Classic which is usually held in May is going to be this weekend.  Womens 100 should be a good one with the top 3 winners from the Olympic Final as well as Shacarri Richardson returning to action.   

#44 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:53 AM

Prefontaine Classic which is usually held in May is going to be this weekend.  Womens 100 should be a good one with the top 3 winners from the Olympic Final as well as Shacarri Richardson returning to action.   

Pardoned the pun, but Richardson got smoked in this race finishing in last.  The Jamaicans went 1-2-3 which was no surprise but to see Richardson come in last and run a half second slower from her semi final heat at the trials was a bit shocking.

#45 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 June 2022 - 06:47 AM

Competition continues to be a good thing for the 400 hurdlers.  Americans went 1-2 in the womens 400 hurdles with both breaking the previous WR.  Sydney McLaughlin won in a time of 51.46 while Dalilah Muhammad came in second in a time of 51.58!

McLaughlin just beat her own WR time at the national championships over the weekend finishing in 51.41 for the 400 Hurdles!

#46 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 09:55 AM

The IOC reinstates Jim Thorpe's gold medals from 1912.

IOC reinstates Jim Thorpe as sole winner of two golds from 1912 Olympics - The Washington Post

#47 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 July 2022 - 12:58 PM

https://www.theringe...d-championships

Here's a good read on Allyson Felix who is about to hang up her spikes.  She always made her 400 meter races look effortless!

#48 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 July 2022 - 07:51 AM

US is laying the smack down at worlds in Eugene right now.  Currently leading with 19 medals (6 gold).  Next highest is Ethiopia with 8 medals total.

I caught McLaughlin's 400 hurdles semi final last night, she was smooth and under control and easily won her heat.  Don't be surprised if she lowers her wr time even further on Friday.  US women have 4 in the finals of the 400 hurdles!

#49 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 10:02 PM

Lyles breaks Michael Johnson's 200m American record. An amazing run

• DuffMan likes this

#50 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 July 2022 - 08:48 AM

And another 1-2-3 for the US!

#51 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 July 2022 - 09:54 PM

US is laying the smack down at worlds in Eugene right now. Currently leading with 19 medals (6 gold). Next highest is Ethiopia with 8 medals total.

I caught McLaughlin's 400 hurdles semi final last night, she was smooth and under control and easily won her heat. Don't be surprised if she lowers her wr time even further on Friday. US women have 4 in the finals of the 400 hurdles!

And there it is, another WR 50.68 for McLaughlin! Unbelievable, only 22 years old

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,980 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 06:37 AM

• DuffMan likes this

#53 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:00 AM

10.65 is flying congrats to Richardson, can she get the Olympic gold next year?

A couple of other tidbits worth mentioning about this years Worlds

Sydney McLaughlin who after crushing the 400H world record was focusing exclusively on the open 400 this year.  She had already run some fast times, but picked up a minor injury a week or two before worlds and had to pull out.  

Ryan Crouser set a new WC record and just missed out in another WR in the Shot Put.  O did I mention that he was competing while dealing with blood clots in his legs because he was.  That guy is a stud and still come out on top despite his health issues he was dealing with is impressive!

#54 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:23 AM

10.65 is flying congrats to Richardson, can she get the Olympic gold next year?

A couple of other tidbits worth mentioning about this years Worlds

Sydney McLaughlin who after crushing the 400H world record was focusing exclusively on the open 400 this year.  She had already run some fast times, but picked up a minor injury a week or two before worlds and had to pull out.  

Ryan Crouser set a new WC record and just missed out in another WR in the Shot Put.  O did I mention that he was competing while dealing with blood clots in his legs because he was.  That guy is a stud and still come out on top despite his health issues he was dealing with is impressive!

If she decides she wants it. She knows what the rules are, and has to want to follow them, from there, sky's the limit. Kid is super talented.

I find myself torn on the outdated/stupid rules scenario. On the one hand, a lot of the over the top stuff is stupid, especially with the stuff that doesn't improve performance and is just meddling in people's lives and choices. But on the other, rules are rules, and if you don't agree to what they set up, then you don't play. Plenty of other people make the sacrifice when they need to in order to compete. If there's any level that's going to have over the top rules, it's going to be this one. I'd be a lot more tolerant if it were just NCAA, but because this is literally supposed to be the top of the top I kinda get it.

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#55 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 August 2023 - 09:23 AM

If she decides she wants it. She knows what the rules are, and has to want to follow them, from there, sky's the limit. Kid is super talented.

I find myself torn on the outdated/stupid rules scenario. On the one hand, a lot of the over the top stuff is stupid, especially with the stuff that doesn't improve performance and is just meddling in people's lives and choices. But on the other, rules are rules, and if you don't agree to what they set up, then you don't play. Plenty of other people make the sacrifice when they need to in order to compete. If there's any level that's going to have over the top rules, it's going to be this one. I'd be a lot more tolerant if it were just NCAA, but because this is literally supposed to be the top of the top I kinda get it.

Track and Field is known for all sorts of stupid rules both on and off the track.  But like you say and I agree the rules are the rules, at least until they get changed.  Make those sacrifices and when the time is right feel free to "celebrate".  Having said that she seems to be in a great spot now and seems to be focused on what needs to be done on the track.

One other story I wanted to mention and almost forgot.  Shelly Houlihan a former/current US (US record holding runner in the 1500 and 5000) is making the news again.  Houlihan is currently in the midst of serving a 4 year suspension for testing positive for steroids.  Her suspension runs from Jan 2021 to Jan 2025. This positive test came about 18 monthsafter she crushed the AR for 5000 meters.  Now why is she in the news again, because she is still claiming her innocence.  Shelly claims that her positive steroid test is the result of eating a pork burrito.  I wish I was making this up, but that was her original excuse and the one she's still going with in the media today.   If pork burritos could make you run faster I think I would be eating them every day!!!

• JeremyStrain likes this

#56 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 September 2023 - 05:33 PM

Records!!!!

Prefontaine Classic was today with the highlight as always being the Bowerman Mile. American Yared Naguse shatteAlan Webb's 16 year old American Record running a 3:43.97 breaking the old record by almost 3 seconds! Despite that he still finished 2nd. Norway's Jakob Ingebrigsten ran a 3:43.73 for the 3rd fasted time coming close to El G's 20+ year old record

https://www.flotrack...ontaine-classic

#57 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:11 PM

Did anybody catch the Fifth Avenue Mile last weekend on NBC? A local kid, Vincent Ciattei (Perry Hall) finished fourth in 3:51.00

#58 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 September 2023 - 08:20 AM

Records!!!!

Prefontaine Classic was today with the highlight as always being the Bowerman Mile. American Yared Naguse shatteAlan Webb's 16 year old American Record running a 3:43.97 breaking the old record by almost 3 seconds! Despite that he still finished 2nd. Norway's Jakob Ingebrigsten ran a 3:43.73 for the 3rd fasted time coming close to El G's 20+ year old record

https://www.flotrack...ontaine-classic

The turnover of those 2 was incredible!

#59 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 01:27 PM

There's been a lot of great stuff going on lately, and it was nice to see good men's sprints for the US in this year's Worlds following up from Eugene - put the home advantage talk to bed. Really looking forward to Paris. Will say, though, the men's 100 guys still really need to work on their baton exchanges - got away with it, but how long will the issue persist?

#60 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 September 2023 - 07:44 AM

There's been a lot of great stuff going on lately, and it was nice to see good men's sprints for the US in this year's Worlds following up from Eugene - put the home advantage talk to bed. Really looking forward to Paris. Will say, though, the men's 100 guys still really need to work on their baton exchanges - got away with it, but how long will the issue persist?

Always

At the professional level these guys generally only train on their own or with a few others.   So the only time they really work on exchanges is when they are all together for these championship meets.

• Don Quixote likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=