#101 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:11 PM

By the way, it sure sounds like Brown's going to get traded.  I wonder what kind of haul we get for him.  If we get a low-first for him then I'm packing his bags for him.  Even if we get a 2nd rounder I'm probably okay with that.

#102 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:41 PM

By the way, it sure sounds like Brown's going to get traded. I wonder what kind of haul we get for him. If we get a low-first for him then I'm packing his bags for him. Even if we get a 2nd rounder I'm probably okay with that.

He's kind of giving the Ravens no choice. I'm really not that eager to put another massive hole in our offensive line. It's easy to say, "oh just put Mekari or Phillips there.". But that's a terrible idea as far as I'm concerned. Unless you like the idea of Lamar looking like Mahomes in the Superbowl, running for his life as soon as he gets the ball, every game next season.

Ultimately, best case scenario is the team talks him down and he's willing to play out one more year on the right side. At least then Decosta has more than a month to come up with an exit and replacement plan.

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:23 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens LB Patrick Queen finishes third in Defensive Rookie of the Year voting

3rd on the Ravens?

#104 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:59 AM

He's kind of giving the Ravens no choice. I'm really not that eager to put another massive hole in our offensive line. It's easy to say, "oh just put Mekari or Phillips there.". But that's a terrible idea as far as I'm concerned. Unless you like the idea of Lamar looking like Mahomes in the Superbowl, running for his life as soon as he gets the ball, every game next season.

Ultimately, best case scenario is the team talks him down and he's willing to play out one more year on the right side. At least then Decosta has more than a month to come up with an exit and replacement plan.

If we get a mid-round 1st for him then I'll be extremely happy, especially if we can also get a 3rd or 4th with it.  It's a lot of uncertainty, but you can usually draft a pretty damn good tackle somewhere there with the extra picks.

#105 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:23 AM

If we get a mid-round 1st for him then I'll be extremely happy, especially if we can also get a 3rd or 4th with it. It's a lot of uncertainty, but you can usually draft a pretty damn good tackle somewhere there with the extra picks.

To me, that's counter-productive. If Brown is willing to stay and play RT one more year. Why trade him and use the resources returned to bring an unknown rookie in? In a rebuild? Absolutely. But we're in win now mode. You don't win now by making lateral at best moves.

#106 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:47 AM

Brown and his agent seem to be acting like he has absolutely no desire to go back to RT, so at this point I suspect there's a really good chance he's gone. Once he took it to social media, all the polite, discrete, behind closed doors communication became a moot point. It's a shame, but it is what it is these days...

#107 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:17 AM

As far as Brown's value goes, the closest recent comp is Laremy Tunsil.

The Dolphins got 2 first rounders and a 2nd. Bearing in mind, Kenny Stills and a 4th and 6th went to Houston.

Given Brown's low salary for 2021, I think a 1st and a 2nd is attainable, particularly if we include a later round pick with Brown. I would like to see picks in this year's draft though. We need to fill at least 2 spots on the Oline and getting quality, cheaper talent through the draft would be the ideal way to do so.

https://www.google.c...unsil-deal/amp/
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#108 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:38 AM

His salary is over 3.3 million from playing over 35% of snaps.

Beyond that, no team is as dumb as Bill O’Brien.

@fuzydunlop

#109 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

Tyrrell Williams getting cut by Oakland. He has future Ravens written all over him.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#110 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:25 PM

And Williams wouldn't count against the compensatory pick formula.
@primetime667083

#111 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:31 PM

Does he provide something that Duvernay shouldn't be able to step into from a role perspective next year? 

I either want someone that's your prototypical X receiver that's very good. Or I'm just fine running it back with these guys. Rather invest every cap dollar I can in OL, personally. 

#112 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:36 PM

Does he provide something that Duvernay shouldn't be able to step into from a role perspective next year? 

I either want someone that's your prototypical X receiver that's very good. Or I'm just fine running it back with these guys. Rather invest every cap dollar I can in OL, personally. 

Duvernay is a small quick guy.  Williams is a huge target.  He replaces Bryant or even Boykin, not Duvernay, IMO.

#113 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:44 PM

My logic: I thought of Williams as more of a 15+ YPR type, so strictly thinking deep threat, which I tend to think Duvernay could be used much better at given his speed. 

Maybe I'm misremembering the guy, but struck me as useful as a deep threat but not as your prototypical x receiver. 

#114 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:34 PM

Duvernay is a small quick guy. Williams is a huge target. He replaces Bryant or even Boykin, not Duvernay, IMO.

I would like to see use Duvernay on offense a lot more next year.
@primetime667083

#115 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

JJ Watt was just released. I'd imagine money isn't at the top of his priority list as a FA. He can still get after the QB. A line of Campbell, Williams and Watt could dominate the LOS. Then you rotate Madubuike, Ellis and Wolfe.

It'd be a bit of a luxury signing, but it is tempting.

#116 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:46 AM

Signing Watt and playing more out of a 3-4 over base type defense could allow you to not need significant resources at OLB. It's all about price at this point. But would love to see him be a Raven. He seems the type. 

#117 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:47 AM

JJ Watt was just released. I'd imagine money isn't at the top of his priority list as a FA. He can still get after the QB. A line of Campbell, Williams and Watt could dominate the LOS. Then you rotate Madubuike, Ellis and Wolfe.

It'd be a bit of a luxury signing, but it is tempting.

Not happening but man that would be fun!
@DaKittenz

#118 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:03 PM

It would be awesome, but hard to imagine them committing that many resources to D-line with so many other needs. He'd have to be taking a serious ring-chasing discount, but you sure as hell won't hear any complaints from me if they make it happen.

#119 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:03 PM

Would any passes ever get past him and Campbell? They'd knock down 5 a game.

#120 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:25 PM

Thought I heard something back around the deadline that he wanted tge Ravens to trade for him. We lose Judon and Yannick and potentially Bowser and McPhee too. There is definitely a need. Would like to make it happen but price is everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=