Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:51 AM

Too soon.

That was my thought, but I doubt Joe would care.

@mikeghg

#544 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:07 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens DC Don ‘Wink’ Martindale on Odafe Oweh, Tavon Young’s return, ‘superficial’ sacks and more

#545 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:12 AM

That was my thought, but I doubt Joe would care.

I doubt Joe would care either.

I don't care and IMO it's not disrespectful to take a number that's available. If the team wants to make any numbers unavailable (which, I think it does unofficially with 20, 52, and 75, and probably also now 19) I am all for it, but if the number is available it's available. If the team is willing to give it out I'm not going to hold it against a 23 year old for wanting his number.

And if we're talking about whether it should be unavailable or not, I would only retire HOFers, so 20, 52, 75, perhaps 19, and I'd probably hold off on handing out 55 and 73 as well since I think they should get in.

• Mackus, Mike in STL and Bmore Irish like this

#546 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:08 PM

I doubt Joe would care either.

I don't care and IMO it's not disrespectful to take a number that's available. If the team wants to make any numbers unavailable (which, I think it does unofficially with 20, 52, and 75, and probably also now 19) I am all for it, but if the number is available it's available. If the team is willing to give it out I'm not going to hold it against a 23 year old for wanting his number.

And if we're talking about whether it should be unavailable or not, I would only retire HOFers, so 20, 52, 75, perhaps 19, and I'd probably hold off on handing out 55 and 73 as well since I think they should get in.

Pretty much how I feel.

Still feels soon. Joe's not a HOFer, but he's still in the league. 

• makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#547 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:50 PM

Hollywood officially wearing #5 now

That matches the number of drops he has per game

#548 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:09 PM

The number doesn't bother me but I might feel differently if we gave it to another QB. I would be upset if we gave away 75, 52 or 20. First ballot, lock HOFers are a little different. And yes, I'll always be a big fan of Joe.

Seeing Madubuike in the 92 was a little weird. It took me over a month to not see Ray Rice with Dobbins out there. :smile:

#549 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:22 PM

The number doesn't bother me but I might feel differently if we gave it to another QB. I would be upset if we gave away 75, 52 or 20. First ballot, lock HOFers are a little different. And yes, I'll always be a big fan of Joe.

Seeing Madubuike in the 92 was a little weird. It took me over a month to not see Ray Rice with Dobbins out there. :smile:

I agree with this.  I am a big Joe fan, but I do not think he would care.  You are better than I, because whenever I see Dobbins cut  and accelerate, out of the break, I always say, wow, he really is Ray Rice.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

#550 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:39 PM

For real Mike! Plus he's all muscled up with the low center of gravity and great balance.

I don't know about you guys but Dobbins' speed surprised me. Think about all the Ravens whose 40 times and college game speed didn't translate. Hill & Boykin come to mind as recent examples. JK looked just as fast as he did in college.

#551 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:23 AM

Seeing Madubuike in the 92 was a little weird.

Don't worry, he'll make you forget all about Bronson Kaufusi in no time!

#552 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:07 AM

Madubuike is going to do #92 very proud. Hes a stud.

#553 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:24 AM

I feel like I'm numbers blind. It's not something I notice / pay attention to.

#554 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:58 AM

For real Mike! Plus he's all muscled up with the low center of gravity and great balance.

I don't know about you guys but Dobbins' speed surprised me. Think about all the Ravens whose 40 times and college game speed didn't translate. Hill & Boykin come to mind as recent examples. JK looked just as fast as he did in college.

I think guys train, to show the fastest 40's they can, then forget about it, like every other player once they are on a team.  I also think some guys are game fast, and it happens naturally.  I think JK is one of those guys.  I also think players relax when they are getting a lot of reps and their speed and talent takes over.  I wonder if Hill just has not gotten enough reps for it to translate.  Hill got some reps late in 2019, when Ingram got hurt and he flashed a bit there.  I remember a run against Pitt, where he outran a safety who had the angle and had a nice gain.  I remember thinking there it is.  

@mikeghg

#555 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

Some interesting stuff here, regarding roster spots.  This is going to be a tough team to make. 

https://www.baltimor...-these-veterans

@mikeghg

#556 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 07:25 AM

Balt Ravens.com: Eisenberg: 50 Words or Less May 22nd

https://www.baltimor...s-or-less-x1716

• Mike B likes this

#557 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:05 PM

Good thoughts from John.  It sounds like he is as ready for training camp as the rest of us.

@mikeghg

#558 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:10 PM

Good thoughts from John.  It sounds like he is as ready for training camp as the rest of us.

It's definitely that time of year where you grow tired of over analyzing the little tidbits we do get. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#559 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 01:53 PM

Balt SunMike Preston’s Ravens observations on new passing game confidence, Lamar Jackson, rookies and more

#560 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:04 PM

Agree with his statement about it's nice to see Lamar there at a Voluntary camp getting in some work with the new wideouts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=