Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:42 AM

Have to like our injury report 

The Ravens are in good health for this late in the season following Sunday's playoff win in Tennessee. Only two players did not participate in the walkthrough – outside linebacker Matthew Judon (illness) and cornerback Marcus Peters (back). Offensive lineman D.J. Fluker (knee) was limited.

For the Bills, six players were limited Tuesday – starting wide receivers Stefon Diggs (oblique) and Cole Beasley (knee), starting inside linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (hamstring), starting defensive tackle Ed Oliver (ankle), defensive tackle Justin Zimmer (groin), and backup quarterback Jake Fromm (non-injury related). Backup defensive lineman Darryl Johnson (knee) did not practice.

Source is Ravens site

Roll Tide

#42 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:43 AM

Peters is a big-time playmaker who spews big-time fire. He’s statistically the NFL’s best ballhawk since Deion Sanders and Ed Reed. He’s considered one of the most intelligent cornerbacks in the league -- a “savant,” some have said

Harbaugh:

“I like him and I love him. He’s genuine. He’s as authentic as it gets,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "That’s what you appreciate about anybody, especially someone like Marcus. He’s got a heart of gold. It really matter to him. He really cares. It shows. He’s an emotional guy, no question about that. Like all of us, he works to be the best he can be. We’re all growing. I just like him personally. I like the way he plays. I like his heart.”

Great stat:

Peters has totaled 31 interceptions -- nine more than anyone else since he entered the league in 2015 -- but he hasn’t lasted with a team for more than three seasons.

https://www.espn.com...npredictability

Roll Tide

#43 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:53 AM

I know some guys here are tough on Peters....I highly recommend you read the article!

• makoman likes this
Roll Tide

#44 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:57 AM

Bills plan to stop the run and use Cole Beasley as their X-Factor.

Im wondering who is going to cover Beasley .....Queen?

Safety Jordan Poyer said it's important to make them rely on their passing offense. The Ravens had the worst passing attack in the league during the regular season averaging 171.2 passing yards a game.

https://www.buffalob...-rushing-attack

Roll Tide

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:08 AM

Bills plan to stop the run and use Cole Beasley as their X-Factor.

Im wondering who is going to cover Beasley .....Queen?

https://www.buffalob...-rushing-attack

It can't be Queen. Or Buffalo will do whatever they want. They better have a plan for the underneath game. Taking away the run is irrelevant if you give up short yard passes at ease.

• DuffMan likes this

#46 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:45 AM

It can't be Queen. Or Buffalo will do whatever they want. They better have a plan for the underneath game. Taking away the run is irrelevant if you give up short yard passes at ease.

Probably should play an extra DB and have them shadow him. He’s small so I’m sure his blocking is nothing special. Should be a matchup that a guy like Averett can handle 

Roll Tide

#47 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

A chance of snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Hopefully just rain

https://www.nj.com/s...dium-11621.html

https://www.nj.com/s...dium-11621.html

Roll Tide

#48 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:54 AM

Steven A Smith

The Bills beating the Ravens? Stephen A. Smith says it's 'an unequivocal no'.    

"An unequivocal no," Smith said on ESPN's First Take. "To win the Super Bowl you got to get to the AFC Championship game first. How the hell you going to do that getting through the Baltimore Ravens? I don’t see that happening.”

Smith is a fan of what the Bills have, specifically with MVP candidate quarterback Josh Allen and All-Pro wide receiver Stefon Diggs. It's quickly become one of the top duos in the league and a connection that is hard to defend. “It’s all nice, fine and dandy. Here’s the problem, you are going up against a Baltimore Ravens defense that is number two in the entire National Football League. Number six against the pass, number eight against the run," Smith said. "They are a complete, defensive football team.”

https://sports.yahoo...-222150875.html

Roll Tide

#49 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

I didn’t expect he would in high school. But in 3 years in college you’d assume he might run into it once or twice.

Makes sense. By November/December it’s mostly conference games and bowls, plus they play a rivalry game with Kentucky. The ACC is mostly warm, BC or Pitt are the only remote possibilities. Looks like he played at both once in November but got lucky I guess. Bowls are often warm too, his were in Nashville and FL twice.

I’m not so worried about cold, he’s done that plenty in the NFL, would rather not see snow. Of course the Bills don’t run so maybe it’d hurt them more, who knows.

#50 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

I'm not terribly worried about the Bills running the ball. They're capable of it but it isn't their identity. I'm concerned with Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things - deep shots to his speedy WRs and abusing Queen over the middle, while running enough to keep the defense honest. I think this is going to come down to who can win the 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary.

I, like others though, would root for them should the Ravens lose. Buffalo has such a long and storied history of playoff failure. Those fans deserve a title. I'd like to see them or NO win a title should we get eliminated.

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:57 AM

TB is the only villain left in this year's playoffs.  

#52 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

I always like seeing GB lose and I have a strong dislike of Rodgers after he sucked last year in fantasy then puts up one of the best seasons for a QB ever.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:57 AM

Balt Sun: Sizing up Ravens vs. Bills: One stat to know about the most important players on each team

#54 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:19 AM

I always like seeing GB lose and I have a strong dislike of Rodgers after he sucked last year in fantasy then puts up one of the best seasons for a QB ever.

The Rams defense is for real and I think this game is going to be a lot closer than most are predicting.  I will still go with the Packers to win but it's not going to be a blow out. 

#55 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:36 AM

Have to like our injury report 

Source is Ravens site

At this time of the year, I have to think everyone is beat up. but it is the time, these guys dream of.  They will play through the nagging stuff.  

Let's go Ravens...3 wins away from the dream.

@mikeghg

#56 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

I would consider KC a villain, simply because we haven't beaten the Mahomes version of them. Maybe villain isn't the right word but I certainly wouldn't root for them should we be eliminated.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#57 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

Having 3 capable cover corners (alliteration unintended) allows us to do some things with coverages that many other teams can't. We could slide Humphrey inside to cover Beasley and have Peters on Diggs, with safety help over the top. Or, we can have Peters play the nickel corner and keep Humphrey outside on Diggs.

It's quite helpful that we shouldn't have to dedicate an extra body or 2 to stop the run. We need to take advantage of that by using Elliot and Clark to cover Diggs and/or Brown over the top.

• You Play to Win the Game and JordanKough like this

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:33 PM

Having 3 capable cover corners (alliteration unintended) allows us to do some things with coverages that many other teams can't. We could slide Humphrey inside to cover Beasley and have Peters on Diggs, with safety help over the top. Or, we can have Peters play the nickel corner and keep Humphrey outside on Diggs.

It's quite helpful that we shouldn't have to dedicate an extra body or 2 to stop the run. We need to take advantage of that by using Elliot and Clark to cover Diggs and/or Brown over the top.

And also that they don't have some premier pass catching TE.

• DuffMan and BSLJamieSieck like this

#59 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

Averett has been much improved and could be used effectively in some packages as well.
  • BSLJamieSieck likes this

#60 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:30 PM

Averett has been much improved and could be used effectively in some packages as well.

I've been pleasantly surprise with Averett over the last month or so. He was woeful against the Cowboys.

@primetime667083

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=