#1061 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:02 AM

A couple of things.

The defense shutting down Henry was huge.

It took the play action pass and more importantly, their offensive identity away.

Lamar responded in a big way after the pick on the first drive.

He made some nice passes outside the hash marks which is not his strength. That and his big runs broke Tennessee's back.

Lamar is the best player on the field when he plays and he is one of the top QBs in the league. ( I think he is behind Mahomes and Allen this year. Maybe Watson.)

We'll see what happens next week, but the Ravens are playing good football right now.
  • Mike B and PrimeTime like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1062 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

Roll Tide is gonna need a really big posting day during a crucial game to change the narrative about him after today's performance.
  • mweb08 likes this
@DaKittenz

#1063 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:39 AM

A couple of things.

It took the play action pass and more importantly, their offensive identity away.

He made some nice passes outside the hash marks which is not his strength. That and his big runs broke Tennessee's back.

Lamar is the best player on the field when he plays and he is one of the top QBs in the league. ( I think he is behind Mahomes and Allen this year. Maybe Watson.)

We'll see what happens next week, but the Ravens are playing good football right now.

Good points Russ

I much prefer Lamar’s running when it’s not planned. As I mentioned in the past, he plays his best football when improvising. The QB run to the outside where he runs directly to the sideline has really been a loser. I mean he occasionally gets a yard or two but that’s still a dead play call IMO. 

His scrambling or QB option that’s mostly moving forward is where he’s most dangerous. Those runs typically never go much outside the hash marks before he cuts up the field around the LOS.

Roll Tide

#1064 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:46 AM

Roll Tide is gonna need a really big posting day during a crucial game to change the narrative about him after today's performance.

Why Ike, Whatever do you mean?

https://www.youtube....h?v=ypnYRW19f0I

My mind on Jackson as a passer is made and you shouldn’t expect a reversal.

That said, I think we can win this game in Buffalo as I think we match up well with them. If we play the same game as the Colts did minus the coaching decisions we probably win by double digits.

If by chance it is a snowy ball game that favors the run we might win big!

Look, I’m as big a Ravens fan as anyone here. If any of you think that I’d root against them so I can blame it on Jackson’s poor play your just kidding yourself. 

Also, I plan on meeting some buddies at a Baltimore county watering hole again this coming Saturday night. So posting on my phone will be limited.

My prediction in advance.... Ravens 28-Bills 13

• Mashed Potatoes likes this
Roll Tide

#1065 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:10 AM

A couple of things.

The Ravens are playing well,  They can win Saturday, and I think they will.  Going to enjoy yesterday, one more day before I start worrying about Saturday.   Go Ravens

• Roll Tide and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#1066 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:27 AM

I saw this on Twitter and on the Ravens website.  Spot on IMO, it was 2 games.

The Lamar Jackson Playoff Game narrative was always tired, lazy and generally fueled by ulterior motives from people who didn't want to like Lamar Jackson in the first place. They'll find something new. He'll probably keep winning.

• BobPhelan and PrimeTime like this
@mikeghg

#1067 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:41 AM

I'll give credit to Marquise Brown as well.  I've been on him (not just the board but in a group chat with some friends) and he played well yesterday.  The catch on Lamar's thrown that came down right over his shoulder was a nice one.

#1068 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

That is correct.

Wasn't he down 8 to the Bengals in his first start?

#1069 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:53 AM

I'll give credit to Marquise Brown as well.  I've been on him (not just the board but in a group chat with some friends) and he played well yesterday.  The catch on Lamar's thrown that came down right over his shoulder was a nice one.

He seemed to make several catches in space...which I'm sure isn't more credited to him or to the playcalling (I'll let the film guys handle that) and that felt totally different from what we've seen.

Outside of those backward passes (NO NO NO)...he just kept finding open spots, in the right place.

#1070 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

He seemed to make several catches in space...which I'm sure isn't more credited to him or to the playcalling (I'll let the film guys handle that) and that felt totally different from what we've seen.

Outside of those backward passes (NO NO NO)...he just kept finding open spots, in the right place.

For a guy with questionable hands he did well to handle that swing pass near the goal line.

• The Epic likes this

#1071 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:26 PM

Hollywood turned it on after the Browns game.  Or During the Browns game.  I don't think his issue is his hands but his concentration.  He came up big yesterday.  We need him to continue it, this Saturday.

@mikeghg

#1072 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

I always thought hands were a strength of his until his bout with the drops earlier this year. Last year he made lots of tough catches. I'm hoping it was just a slump and he'll be back on track, having him as another weapon really helps the offense.

#1073 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

I saw this on Twitter and on the Ravens website.  Spot on IMO, it was 2 games.

The Lamar Jackson Playoff Game narrative was always tired, lazy and generally fueled by ulterior motives from people who didn't want to like Lamar Jackson in the first place. They'll find something new. He'll probably keep winning.

Really? I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Lamar as tired or lazy! I have my criticisms of him but these are certainly not among them. I'd challenge Mr Brinson to show me proof that validates his statement.

Lamar is clearly not tired, lazy, and does not lack the desire to win!

Roll Tide

#1074 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

22 Ravens defenders made tackles yesterday, 20 of them made solo tackles. Raise a glass to Wink and the defense.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1075 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:50 PM

Really? I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Lamar as tired or lazy! I have my criticisms of him but these are certainly not among them. I'd challenge Mr Brinson to show me proof that validates his statement.

He’s not saying Lamar is tired and lazy, he’s saying the narrative that so many people use is tired and lazy.

• BobPhelan and DuffMan like this

#1076 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

He’s not saying Lamar is tired and lazy, he’s saying the narrative that so many people use is tired and lazy.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He saying that people were saying that!

Show me where any substantial group of people has called Lamar tired or lazy! I have never seen either as a criticism

So its a writer that is writing bullshit to try to attract readers

Roll Tide

#1077 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:14 PM

First my posting this. was not aimed at you.  I have thought the whole playoff argument was a load of crap.  It was 2 games.  I don't agree with your view of Lamar, but opinions are what sports talk is all about.  It is great to agree to disagree, and move on to the next topic, or disagreement. :-P

The guy who posted it, was not saying anyone who said LJ was lazy or tired.  He was saying the argument was.

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#1078 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

Show me where any substantial group of people has called Lamar tired or lazy! I have never seen either as a criticism

First my posting this. was not aimed at you.  I have thought the whole playoff argument was a load of crap.  It was 2 games.  I don't agree with your view of Lamar, but opinions are what sports talk is all about.  It is great to agree to disagree, and move on to the next topic, or disagreement. :-P

The guy who posted it, was not saying anyone who said LJ was lazy or tired.  He was saying the argument was.

Did I walk into an Abbott and Castello here???

• The Epic and makoman like this

#1079 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:16 PM

I posted the comment, do not know the writer nor have I read anything he has written it, but I think he was saying the argument was lazy.

@mikeghg

#1080 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

...my guy.

He's saying that THE ARGUMENT IS LAZY, not that LAMAR IS LAZY.

If there's one thing that I think everyone agrees upon, it's Lamar's work ethic.

• BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=