Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

...my guy.

He's saying that THE ARGUMENT IS LAZY, not that LAMAR IS LAZY.

If there's one thing that I think everyone agrees upon, it's Lamar's work ethic.

Getting away from the whole silly play off game argument, I think we saw Lamar grow as a leader this weekend.  Evidently he adressed the team Saturday night, and then yesterday after the game was over, seemed anxious to move to the next game.  

I saw someone make the comment that LJ may never match last years numbers.  That is probably likely, because that was an unmatched year in NFL history in many aspects, but the man is an incredible talent, and a hard worker and that is a great combinantion.

And to be clear, I was a guy who had my doubts before last year.  I was dead wrong.  I think the criticism of Lamar that still exsists is from people who don't want to admit it.

@mikeghg

#1082 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

Getting away from the whole silly play off game argument, I think we saw Lamar grow as a leader this weekend.  Evidently he adressed the team Saturday night, and then yesterday after the game was over, seemed anxious to move to the next game.  

I hear a lot about how Lamar has developed from "fantastic player" to "fantastic player and leader of the offense." I think people found Ingram to be the de facto leader of the team last year because of his experience and because "Big Truzz" caught on so hard. That transition to Lamar this year is kinda cool to see, I gotta admit.

#1083 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

Not sure if it was discussed early in the game thread or not, but the crew was making the biggest deal about Ingram not being in the lineup, like it was a bad thing. Actually no, that's what we want/need to succeed right now.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#1084 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:42 PM

I think a good bit of the logo thing and running off the field had to do with backing up their coach. The optics weren't good when John was the only one out there confronting those guys in Baltimore. Lamar postgame said the team didnt see it or know about it at the time. I'll tell you what, a lot of players rave about Harbs now. Long way from some of the drama back when he began in '08 and the reported near mutiny during the '12 season.
  • Mike B likes this

#1085 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

...my guy.

He's saying that THE ARGUMENT IS LAZY, not that LAMAR IS LAZY.

If there's one thing that I think everyone agrees upon, it's Lamar's work ethic.

Boy I feel like an asshole ... I clearly misread the post! My apologies!

Roll Tide

#1086 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:53 PM

Not sure if it was discussed early in the game thread or not, but the crew was making the biggest deal about Ingram not being in the lineup, like it was a bad thing. Actually no, that's what we want/need to succeed right now.

It's like they had no clue he's played like 50 snaps since mid October. And everybody knew they'd go heavy on the front 7 yesterday.

• DuffMan likes this

#1087 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:59 PM

It's like they had no clue he's played like 50 snaps since mid October. And everybody knew they'd go heavy on the front 7 yesterday.

I thought the crew yesterday did not do a lot of homework for this game.  I have a tendency to tune them out for parts of the game and that was a good thing yesterday.

@mikeghg

#1088 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:04 PM

I think a good bit of the logo thing and running off the field had to do with backing up their coach. The optics weren't good when John was the only one out there confronting those guys in Baltimore. Lamar postgame said the team didnt see it or know about it at the time. I'll tell you what, a lot of players rave about Harbs now. Long way from some of the drama back when he began in '08 and the reported near mutiny during the '12 season.

I am an older guy, and normally I like the low key approach, of when you do something big, acting like you hyave done it before and expect to do it again.  However I loved what the Ravens did yesterday, although I would have prefered they done it after the game or after Gus bulldozed his way to the final first down.  That said, the bastards were poor winners after last years play off Game (EASY MONEY, etc.) and showed a lack of class in Baltimore in November.  Payback can be Brutal.

I said all week, the Ravens owed the Titans a debt.  It came due yesterday and the Ravens paid it.

@mikeghg

#1089 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

My mind on Jackson as a passer is made and you shouldn’t expect a reversal.

That said, I think we can win this game in Buffalo as I think we match up well with them. If we play the same game as the Colts did minus the coaching decisions we probably win by double digits.

If by chance it is a snowy ball game that favors the run we might win big!

Look, I’m as big a Ravens fan as anyone here. If any of you think that I’d root against them so I can blame it on Jackson’s poor play your just kidding yourself. 

Also, I plan on meeting some buddies at a Baltimore county watering hole again this coming Saturday night. So posting on my phone will be limited.

My prediction in advance.... Ravens 28-Bills 13

To be clear, I'm not questioning your true fandom, desire for Ravens to win, or general football knowledge. I am questioning your specific take around moving Lamar off of QB. No doubt his passing numbers benefit from defenses fear of his rushing ability, but you can't just subtract that from his passing numbers because he's the one creating that more advantageous situation in the first place.

@DaKittenz

#1090 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

I thought the crew yesterday did not do a lot of homework for this game.  I have a tendency to tune them out for parts of the game and that was a good thing yesterday.

I think the crew was definitely working more on a narrative-based broadcast than a factual, statistical-based broadcast.

You could tell when Lamar threw the INT...how they were ready to go through the whole "playoff Lamar" thing. They did it again with the "just missed" Andrews TD pass.

Then after the rush TD, they gushed on him pretty much from that point forward.

I don't think there was a bias; I think they just sacrificed information for stories.

• Mike B likes this

#1091 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:11 PM

Lamar is a decent passer. He has a cannon for an arm and his accuracy is below average. Combine those two traits with other worldly speed and *mostly* good decision making and he’s an elite quarterback. When he plays within himself he’s the most dangerous player in the league

Any notion to move him to WR is bat s**t crazy

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1092 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,766 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:05 PM

That Tucker miss will be the difference. His stats over 50 yards are not that good.

Wanted to come back to this.  This is a pretty bad take. 

For his career Tucker is 42/60 from over 50.  That's 70%.  Since 2012 when he entered the league, all other kickers have made 62.5%.

For the past five years, Tucker is 24/30 or 80%.  All other kickers have made 61.6%.  

• BobPhelan, Mashed Potatoes, NewMarketSean and 2 others like this

#1093 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:07 PM

Wanted to come back to this. This is a pretty bad take.

For his career Tucker is 42/60 from over 50. That's 70%. Since 2012 when he entered the league, all other kickers have made 62.5%.

For the past five years, Tucker is 24/30 or 80%. All other kickers have made 61.6%.

You cant get anything past this guy.

#1094 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:19 PM

I think Cle-Pitt was a coin flip until all the issues with Cle popped up this week. Missing guys and the HC that calls the offensive plays. Expect it to be low scoring and ugly but Pitt to win something like 20-10

Since we're calling out bad posts. This one didnt age well at all. Yikes.

#1095 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,766 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:19 PM

Tucker struggled in '14-'15.  Went 4/9 and 4/10 those years.  I think some of those struggles might have stuck in people's minds.  He's been legendary since.  80% from outside 50 is wild.

Some other Tucker numbers.  Since 2012 when he started kicking, he's made 95.4% of his kicks inside 50.  All other kickers have made 87.9%.

Since 2015 when they moved the XP back, Tucker has made 98.4% of his extra points.  All other kickers have made 93.6%. 

#1096 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

Tucker struggled in '14-'15. Went 4/9 and 4/10 those years. I think some of those struggles might have stuck in people's minds. He's been legendary since. 80% from outside 50 is wild.

Some other Tucker numbers. Since 2012 when he started kicking, he's made 95.4% of his kicks inside 50. All other kickers have made 87.9%.

Since 2015 when they moved the XP back, Tucker has made 98.4% of his extra points. All other kickers have made 93.6%.

He was 100% until the Saints miss to tie the game in '18. Believe the only other XP missed was one that was blocked this year in the Cle game.

#1097 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

He was 100% until the Saints miss to tie the game in '18. Believe the only other XP missed was one that was blocked this year in the Cle game.

Im wrong. He has missed 4 XP in his career. The two I mentioned and he missed 2 last year. I remember neither one of the misses last year.

#1098 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:53 PM

Im wrong. Hes missed 4 XP in his career. The two I mentioned and he missed 2 last year. I remember neither one of the misses last year.

I think he missed one against NE. Can't remember the other.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#1099 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:27 AM

Tucker struggled in '14-'15. Went 4/9 and 4/10 those years. I think some of those struggles might have stuck in people's minds. He's been legendary since. 80% from outside 50 is wild.

Some other Tucker numbers. Since 2012 when he started kicking, he's made 95.4% of his kicks inside 50. All other kickers have made 87.9%.

Since 2015 when they moved the XP back, Tucker has made 98.4% of his extra points. All other kickers have made 93.6%.

Also wonder how many of these misses were bombs right before halftime that no one expects to make but impacts his stats.
  • makoman and kudzu like this
@DaKittenz

#1100 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:59 AM

Also wonder how many of these misses were bombs right before halftime that no one expects to make but impacts his stats.

Yeah, I'm not going back to look further, but this year his two misses over 50 are 57 yards and 61 yards, both at the end of half vs. Jax and Cin, respectively.

• Mashed Potatoes and TwentyThirtyFive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=