#821 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

Maybe it's an isolated incident, but I can't remember the last time a Raven aired their grievances on twitter.

Clearly the Dez Bryant effect at play

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@gabefergy

#822 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

Clearly the Dez Bryant effect at play

Even I can't go THAT far...

#823 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like the apple doesn’t fall far from the idiot tree.

https://sports.yahoo...-231003477.html

That was brought up on the WBAL postgame show.  Keith Mills had the perfect comeback.  You want more targets, do something to get open!  All this talk of him being a great playmaker but he doesn't seem to come open except on deep balls where his speed can take over.  Willie Snead got open today and he got some targets.  But it is extremely disappointing to see him do this in social media.  And what's up with the time stamp on that?  3:01pm????   Hopefully that screen shot is from west coast time.  If he's tweeting during the game that's a real problem.  Harbaugh better clamp down on this right away.  If he doesn't believe it, ask Roethlisberger and Tomlin what life was like with Hollywood's cousin!

• Mike in STL likes this

#824 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:47 PM

I feel like Lamar probably has something minor but persistent going on injury wise. Sounds crazy because when he gets past the LOS he can take off as well as anyone. But he seems hesitant to make the quick, put a defender on the ground cuts that became almost commonplace last year. It's the lateral movement that seems way off from last year to my eyes. He doesn't seem to escape the pocket as decisively as last year, doesn't buy himself some extra room real quick when the pocket starts to shrink. I dunno...

We've speculated on that. Certainly could be the case. Think he's looking better now than at any point as far as speed and agility go.

#825 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:49 PM

That was brought up on the WBAL postgame show. Keith Mills had the perfect comeback. You want more targets, do something to get open! All this talk of him being a great playmaker but he doesn't seem to come open except on deep balls where his speed can take over. Willie Snead got open today and he got some targets. But it is extremely disappointing to see him do this in social media. And what's up with the time stamp on that? 3:01pm???? Hopefully that screen shot is from west coast time. If he's tweeting during the game that's a real problem. Harbaugh better clamp down on this right away. If he doesn't believe it, ask Roethlisberger and Tomlin what life was like with Hollywood's cousin!

Wonder if he wasn't the one who made the tweet. Meaning someone else had access to his twitter. Or yeah, the timestamp could just not be EST.

#826 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:16 PM

Wonder if he wasn't the one who made the tweet. Meaning someone else had access to his twitter. Or yeah, the timestamp could just not be EST.

Brown deleted the tweet very soon after it was put up. He was frustrated by the loss and the lack of targets. Not the best way to handle it, but no real big deal in my opinion.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#827 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:18 PM

He's right. But don't take it to Twitter, that's not how we do things here.

Apparently he ignored the memo you sent out about how " we" do things.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#828 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:47 PM

Apparently he ignored the memo you sent out about how " we" do things.

Like you said, he deleted it, so he got the memo somehow.

#829 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:01 PM

In a lot of ways I get and respect the competitiveness and frustration. Just has to not tweet it to the world. At this point we're barely at DEFCON 4.

#830 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure he deleted it because it made WBAL and circulated from there.  It was stupid to tweet it in the first place.  In the second place, like they said, you want to be used more, get the F*** open and stop believing your press clippings.  

#831 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:12 PM

I'm sure he deleted it because it made WBAL and circulated from there. It was stupid to tweet it in the first place. In the second place, like they said, you want to be used more, get the F*** open and stop believing your press clippings.

Seems like a good kid. Im chalking this up to being frustrated losing a game like that in the moment without many targets or catches and he realized 15 -20 min later after time to chill it was a bad look. This is worlds away from where Antonio was at the end in Pitt and Oak. Btw as noted last week we do see why Antonio probably wasnt the best fit here. This is just going to be and should be a run first offense.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#832 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:26 PM

Seems like a good kid. Im chalking this up to being frustrated losing a game like that in the moment without many targets or catches and he realized 15 -20 min later after time to chill it was a bad look. This is worlds away from where Antonio was at the end in Pitt and Oak. Btw as noted last week we do see why Antonio probably wasnt the best fit here. This is just going to be and should be a run first offense.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything that would paint him in a bad light.  That's why I think Harbaugh needs to address it immediately.  I think he needs to tell him if he has an issue he brings it to the coaching staff and keeps it in house, not broadcast it to the world on social media.  Once is forgivable, a second time there's a problem.  

#833 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:39 PM

In Hollywood's defense, the reads and how you call plays matter. If wasn't the primary read on any of the other plays and the pressure was where it was, then it's not helpful. 

I also think the Ravens need to use him like a true WR and if he gets hurt so be it. It often feels like the Ravens are trying to protect him a bit. Let him go over the middle of the field, open up his route calls some. 

Maybe I'll take a closer look at Hollywood specifically this week for my article. 

Guys can be open all game and if they are the 3rd or 4th read and the pressure was where it was...it's totally possible he was both open and not targeted. 

#834 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:26 AM

In Hollywood's defense, the reads and how you call plays matter. If wasn't the primary read on any of the other plays and the pressure was where it was, then it's not helpful. 

I also think the Ravens need to use him like a true WR and if he gets hurt so be it. It often feels like the Ravens are trying to protect him a bit. Let him go over the middle of the field, open up his route calls some. 

Maybe I'll take a closer look at Hollywood specifically this week for my article. 

Guys can be open all game and if they are the 3rd or 4th read and the pressure was where it was...it's totally possible he was both open and not targeted.

For those old enough to remember, Hollywood could be the Ravens Cliff Branch.  They're built exactly the same, have the same breakaway speed, and Branch was always targeted deep each game by Kenny Stabler.  Sometimes they connected, sometimes not but he was always an integral part of their offense that teams feared could go to the house at any moment.  You had to account for him at all times.  I doubt opposing teams are up late at night worrying about the "Lamar to Hollywood deep" potential. I do believe this is always a run first offense but maybe at least taking a couple of deep shots a game could open up some underneath routes for Lamar.  Right now, teams are more or less stuffing the intermediate lanes and the Ravens need to clear that up.  Getting the run game going yesterday was huge in my opinion and will certainly open up play action but they need that element of the home run hitter and if it's not going to be Hollywood, then send Duvernay deep occasionally.  Or better yet, both on the same play. 

#835 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:04 AM

Titans.

Last year's games count for his arguments. Don't count for anyone else's.

Honestly it was a poorly played game by the Ravens. There is plenty of Blame to go around. In his post game interview Jackson put the loss on himself, which is admirable and shows leadership. But, I think the blame should partially go to the coaches. If they go run heavy they win easy. I mean, we could’ve won at the end with pretty much everything going wrong in regard of turnovers. I think we beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and expect them to come back to earth. They didn’t beat us yesterday as we beat ourselves and really didn’t beat the Titans for the same reason. They still have to play us, the Bills, Browns, and The Bengals twice. They will all be difficult games as the Bengals have been in every game.

Roll Tide

#836 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:26 AM

Honestly it was a poorly played game by the Ravens. There is plenty of Blame to go around. In his post game interview Jackson put the loss on himself, which is admirable and shows leadership. But, I think the blame should partially go to the coaches. If they go run heavy they win easy. I mean, we could’ve won at the end with pretty much everything going wrong in regard of turnovers. I think we beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and expect them to come back to earth. They didn’t beat us yesterday as we beat ourselves and really didn’t beat the Titans for the same reason. They still have to play us, the Bills, Browns, and The Bengals twice. They will all be difficult games as the Bengals have been in every game.

I kind of feel the way you do.  I'm not sold on the Steelers being this great team.  If anything, Roethlesberger looks old to me and like when Manning was in his last couple of years, if you take away the shorter stuff, they're pretty much useless.  He looked like he was throwing a shot put yesterday with some of his passes.  I think if you stop Conner and make them one dimensional, they can be beat. And for all you heard about their vaunted front 4, the Ravens pounded the hell out of them yesterday AFTER Stanley left the game. 

#837 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:40 AM

Honestly it was a poorly played game by the Ravens. 

Disagree.  Lamar played terribly, or at least his mistakes were terrible and put the team in a massive hole.  Despite that, they still almost recovered and won.  Roster spots 2 thru 48 were more than good enough yesterday to beat the Steelers.  If Lamar limits his mistakes to just one big one, we win, and possibly win comfortably.

Lamar is by far the most important piece, so if you're gonna say the entire team gets a bad grade because of Lamar's individual bad play, I do think that's fair.  But this wasn't a game where everything mostly was bad.  It was the opposite.  Everything else mostly was good.  Except, unfortunately, for the huge mistakes by Lamar that cost us the game.

Stanley's injury is the only season-long negative from the game yesterday that really impacts how I look at the team's overall chances.  That and now only having a very long shot at getting a bye.

#838 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:49 AM

Disagree.  Lamar played terribly, or at least his mistakes were terrible and put the team in a massive hole.  Despite that, they still almost recovered and won.  Roster spots 2 thru 48 were more than good enough yesterday to beat the Steelers.  If Lamar limits his mistakes to just one big one, we win, and possibly win comfortably.

Lamar is by far the most important piece, so if you're gonna say the entire team gets a bad grade because of Lamar's individual bad play, I do think that's fair.  But this wasn't a game where everything mostly was bad.  It was the opposite.  Everything else mostly was good.  Except, unfortunately, for the huge mistakes by Lamar that cost us the game.

Stanley's injury is the only season-long negative from the game yesterday that really impacts how I look at the team's overall chances.  That and now only having a very long shot at getting a bye.

Sorry you missed the memo, but I’m not allowed to be critical of Lamar without being accused of being a racist or having a man crush on Sam Darnold. I wholeheartedly agree that the Ravens , Jackson, lost the game. The Steelers did not win the game except on the scorecard. I think Roman is guilty also of moving away from the running plays by the running back when we were clearly winning the trench battle.

• Mackus likes this
Roll Tide

#839 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:29 AM

Sorry you missed the memo, but I’m not allowed to be critical of Lamar without being accused of being a racist or having a man crush on Sam Darnold. I wholeheartedly agree that the Ravens , Jackson, lost the game. The Steelers did not win the game except on the scorecard. I think Roman is guilty also of moving away from the running plays by the running back when we were clearly winning the trench battle.

Just you. Mack knows how to appreciate our local superstars regardless of their skin color and is objective when levying criticism. He'd also be the first one here to say he needs to be extended regardless of cost even after yesterday. Like I said, he and many others appreciate his greatness. You should try it. Hell, your praise of Lamar for shouldering the blame is the first positive thing I can remember you saying about the reigning MVP.

#840 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:36 AM

I went to the game yesterday, my first since the Titans game.  The disappointment was the same.

Sorry, I can not read the thread and relive yesterday but just my thoughts.

1.  It may sound stupid, but the Ravens are better than the Steelers.  Certainly less so today, with the loss of Stanley, but we lost yesterday due to bad mistakes, mostly from Lamar.  His two picks that led to 14 points were horrible.  His fumble inside the 10 also cost them points.
The pick after the half, was the killer.  If the Ravens go down the field, and score and go up 20-7 or 24-7, I believe it was game over.  Instead Lamar throws a a pick which leads to an easy 7 and the mood changed.
2.  The Stanley injury was heartbreaking.  We were sitting in the far end zone and I knew it was bad from the reactions of the Steelers.  They backed away from the line of scrimmage and dropped to a knee as quickly as I have ever seen.  Bozeman had his hands on his helmet and looked distraught.
3.  The drive after was the best the Ravens have had this year.  They pushed the ball down the Steelers throats.

4.  Judon, did not see what he did, but he can not get thrown out of this game.   Disgusting.   The announcement was he intentionally contacted the refs?

5. Jaylon Ferguson, did a real good job.  

6. #78 of the Steelers holds on every play.

7.  Skura right now is a liability in the middle of the line.

8.  Fluker does a good job on run plays, he is going to be a hold your breath guy on pass plays.

9.  Lamar needs to do a better job locating other receivers.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=