#801 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

I thought the defense played great. 21 allowed in the second half but 7 of that was on a short field. Shutout in the first half.

It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good. I have a hard time doing anything more than nitpicking defensively.

They sure did come up small on the game winning drive. Had to hold them to 3 there.

#802 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:19 PM

They sure did come up small on the game winning drive. Had to hold them to 3 there.

Weren't even close to stopping Pitt on any of those drives. I get Lamar put them on the short field on the first one but Ebron caught the ball on a shallow cross at the 15ish and could've walked into the endzone. No one else in the frame.

#803 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

The 4th and 3:  where's the motion?  The one back?  It wasn't 4th and a yard.  Option right was the call there.

Also.....there's tons to digest.....but, would someone explain to me what good that 1st down sideline pass with 8 seconds left was going to accomplish? 

Two shots at the end zone is always better than one

I thought it should have been the option as well, force a defender to choose between Lamar and the pitch. That play had been effective all game.

They had 2 LBs spying Lamar on that 4th down. They knew what was coming when they went empty.

@gabefergy

#804 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Titans.

Last year's games count for his arguments. Don't count for anyone else's.

Yeah but the Eagles were a playoff team last year and we just beat them two weeks ago.

Steelers were not one last year, so he must be meaning this year. If the playoffs started today the Eagles would be again this year.

He’s just factually incorrect again by saying this is the third straight time they haven’t put away a playoff team.
@BSLMikeRandall

#805 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:25 PM

Eagles?

Lol. Yeah, I guess someone from the NFC east needs to make the playoffs, huh?

Not sure they count as a playoff *quality* team, but...sure, maybe they make it as a 7-8-1 squad. Somehow that doesn't fill me with confidence regardless.

#806 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:29 PM

Lol. Yeah, I guess someone from the NFC east needs to make the playoffs, huh?

Not sure they count as a playoff *quality* team, but...sure, maybe they make it as a 7-8-1 squad. Somehow that doesn't fill me with confidence regardless.

Is Indy a good team. What about Tenn. Its a need to know yes or no for your we can't beat good teams stance.

#807 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:31 PM

Is Indy a good team. What about Tenn. Its a need to know yes or no for your we can't beat good teams stance.

Tennessee for sure.

Indy is tough to pin down. Great defense and an uninspiring offense. Built kind of like the old Flacco teams. But I'd say they're above average.

#808 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

Tennessee for sure.

Indy is tough to pin down. Great defense and an uninspiring offense. Built kind of like the old Flacco teams. But I'd say they're above average.

Lolz

#809 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

Sounds like the apple doesn’t fall far from the idiot tree.

https://sports.yahoo...-231003477.html
  • cprenegade likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#810 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

He's right. But don't take it to Twitter, that's not how we do things here.

#811 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,066 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:36 PM

Unrelated to the topic, but I absolutely love the use of 'sic' there. Pretty hilarious.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#812 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:40 PM

He's right. But don't take it to Twitter, that's now how we do things here.

Yeah. We don’t need that kinda drama out there for everyone in the world to see. Lamar also was on his ass most of the day, and I don’t recall seeing replays where Brown was wide open and Jackson just didn’t see him.
@BSLMikeRandall

#813 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:45 PM

Its going to be frustrating at times being a WR in this offense. Has to be kept in house.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#814 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

Weren't even close to stopping Pitt on any of those drives. I get Lamar put them on the short field on the first one but Ebron caught the ball on a shallow cross at the 15ish and could've walked into the endzone. No one else in the frame.

Linebacking pass coverage is generally below average to poor and it's been their Achilles heel for quite a long time.  

#815 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Sounds like the locker room is fracturing due to frustration.

#816 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,356 posts

He's not a soldier.

He a weapon and an asset but not a #1 WR and he hasn't done anything in his career yet in-terms of positive consistency.

People reveal character when faced with adversity.

(And that isn't me burying him forever or not being able to dismiss an emotional outburst after an emotional game...but I hate comments like that.)
  • 1970, Mike in STL and JStruds like this

#817 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:48 PM

Sounds like the locker room is fracturing due to frustration.

Does it? Don't.

#818 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:48 PM

Does it? Don't.

Maybe it's an isolated incident, but I can't remember the last time a Raven aired their grievances on twitter.

#819 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,066 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:50 PM

Best thing Lamar did today was after the penalty on Skura. Camera caught him right after, he didn't complain or whine to the refs, gathered everyone and calmed them down, then led them to a TD two plays later to take the lead on the 4th quarter (if I'm remembering the timing right). That's the leadership you love seeing from him. It was as bad of a day as he's had, but he still had his head on right at a key point in the game. I don't have any Lamar concerns either for the remainder of the season or long term.

#820 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:21 PM

I feel like Lamar probably has something minor but persistent going on injury wise. Sounds crazy because when he gets past the LOS he can take off as well as anyone. But he seems hesitant to make the quick, put a defender on the ground cuts that became almost commonplace last year. It's the lateral movement that seems way off from last year to my eyes. He doesn't seem to escape the pocket as decisively as last year, doesn't buy himself some extra room real quick when the pocket starts to shrink. I dunno...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=