874 replies to this topic

#781 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

In general I agree. But he's a special case. Not just in his commentary about Lamar. But even fathoming in the first place Darnold over Lamar says everything in and of itself, lol.

Truly love ya man but check yourself a bit on this one.

#782 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:48 PM

In general I agree. But he's a special case. Not just in his commentary about Lamar. But even fathoming in the first place Darnold over Lamar says everything in and of itself, lol.

Perfect example of a guy who blames everything on race! 

Chris already told you that I don’t prefer the style of play. I have posted so in the past ....Try going back and reading my old post rather than making crap up.

Roll Tide

#783 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

Damn.

I feel bad for him, believe me but they were running the ball better than they have all season after he departed.  Maybe it was a wake-up call to get their collective heads out of their ass and start knocking some people off the ball.  They ran for 265 yards against the best rush defense in the league. And to be honest, it's not like Stanley was playing all that great this season.  I can't remember who said it earlier but I actually will take some positives out of this game and the fact that they pounded the ball against the Steelers will be it.  We lost today because of Lamar's mistakes and the brutal officiating.  

• BSLChrisStoner, russsnyder and JStruds like this

#784 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

I feel bad for him, believe me but they were running the ball better than they have all season after he departed. Maybe it was a wake-up call to get their collective heads out of their ass and start knocking some people off the ball. They ran for 265 yards against the best rush defense in the league. And to be honest, it's not like Stanley was playing all that great this season. I can't remember who said it earlier but I actually will take some positives out of this game and the fact that they pounded the ball against the Steelers will be it. We lost today because of Lamar's mistakes and the brutal officiating.

265 against the best run defense in the league. If we can do it to them with 2 starters out we can do it to anyone. Now start using smart passing off of it. It also will play in the playoffs. This team is fine. Have to clean it up more. The turnovers and penalties. Regardless of how ticky tack some were.
  • BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this

#785 CMU82

CMU82
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

The 4th and 3:  where's the motion?  The one back?  It wasn't 4th and a yard.  Option right was the call there.

Also.....there's tons to digest.....but, would someone explain to me what good that 1st down sideline pass with 8 seconds left was going to accomplish? 

Two shots at the end zone is always better than one

• BSLChrisStoner and GabeFerguson like this

#786 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:00 PM

The 4th and 3: where's the motion? The one back? It wasn't 4th and a yard. Option right was the call there.

Also.....there's tons to digest.....but, would someone explain to me what good that 1st down sideline pass with 8 seconds left was going to accomplish?

Two shots at the end zone is always better than one

Prob only have 1 shot 30 yards away with 8 sec. Should have been more time on the clock. Dont know how there either isnt more time put on or we are allowed to run a play with Heyward offsides.

#787 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:02 PM

265 against the best run defense in the league. If we can do it to them with 2 starters out we can do it to anyone. Now start using smart passing off of it. It also will play in the playoffs. This team is fine. Have to clean it up more. The turnovers and penalties. Regardless of how ticky tack some were.

I hear you and that's been my mantra right out of the gate.  Quit playing it cute, quit trying to make Lamar into something he's not and just pound teams.  Then you'll have your play action and he'll destroy teams with the underneath patterns.  Sound familiar?  It's what made them a record setting offense last year.  Why teams try to recreate the wheel when everything is just fine is beyond me.  Let's hope this was a wake-up call for this offense and on a side note, it was great to finally see Dobbins have his breakout game.  With him and Gus in the backfield, this could be a punishing tandem in the making.  

• BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this

#788 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:12 PM

I gotta put this one on Lamar as close to 100% as it's possible to assign to a quarterback. He did some nice things but they were completely overwhelmed by the frequency and severity of his mistakes. He made multiple egregious errors that were just devastating. Conservatively he directly lost 13 points and could be construed as 21.

The line is the big concern long term, it takes the team's biggest weakness and makes it a complete dumpster fire, but today the reason we lost was Lamar. Sucks.

Gonna be tricky but not impossible to win the division now. Obviously winning in Pittsburgh is mandatory to achieve that goal. I'm not sure the division matters all that much if we still need to win 3 games to get to the Super Bowl. Losing Stanley is a season-changing injury. Still can be great without him, but really will take some unexpected advances from the current linemen.

#789 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Prob only have 1 shot 30 yards away with 8 sec. Should have been more time on the clock. Dont know how there either isnt more time put on or we are allowed to run a play with Heyward offsides.

The white hat should’ve been standing near the injured player laying on the field. When the play was over the clock should’ve stopped for the injury. Very poor job by the officials not getting it right.

Roll Tide

#790 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, 265 yards on the ground and a loss?

They should have ran the Steelers out of the stadium.

The Ravens were extremely sloppy for a team coming off a bye.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#791 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

I gotta put this one on Lamar as close to 100% as it's possible to assign to a quarterback. He did some nice things but they were completely overwhelmed by the frequency and severity of his mistakes. He made multiple egregious errors that were just devastating. Conservatively he directly lost 13 points and could be construed as 21.

The line is the big concern long term, it takes the team's biggest weakness and makes it a complete dumpster fire, but today the reason we lost was Lamar. Sucks.

Gonna be tricky but not impossible to win the division now. Obviously winning in Pittsburgh is mandatory to achieve that goal. I'm not sure the division matters all that much if we still need to win 3 games to get to the Super Bowl. Losing Stanley is a season-changing injury. Still can be great without him, but really will take some unexpected advances from the current linemen.

2nd hardest injury for this team to overcome. Its deflating but this team still has enough talent to win it all. That was Lamars worst reg season game ever and we still win if the reffing is consistent.

#792 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, 265 yards on the ground and a loss?

They should have ran the Steelers out of the stadium.

The Ravens were extremely sloppy for a team coming off a bye.

They got got by ticky tack officiating. No doubt about that. Lamar has to clean it up but at the same time he's the only reason we do anything on offense. He makes that running game go and has obviously shown he can be an efficient passer. Figure it out and peak in Dec

#793 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:20 PM

I don't know that home vs. away will really matter much in the playoffs.  Unless stadiums are at higher capacities, crowd noise is not a concern or advantage to anybody...

#794 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:21 PM

I dont think there is enough criticism being directed at the defense in the 2nd half.

#795 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

I don't know that home vs. away will really matter much in the playoffs. Unless stadiums are at higher capacities, crowd noise is not a concern or advantage to anybody...

Obviously prefer the home game but everyone but the 1 seed will need to win 3 to get to the SB. I really dont care about the seed. Its about peaking in Jan.

#796 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:43 PM

Or too many men on the field!

#797 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:47 PM

I dont think there is enough criticism being directed at the defense in the 2nd half.

I thought the defense played great. 21 allowed in the second half but 7 of that was on a short field. Shutout in the first half.

It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good. I have a hard time doing anything more than nitpicking defensively.
  • JStruds likes this

#798 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:54 PM

I thought the defense played great. 21 allowed in the second half but 7 of that was on a short field. Shutout in the first half.

It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good. I have a hard time doing anything more than nitpicking defensively.

I agree. They did not adjust well to Pitts somewhat hurry-up, but their performance was far less to blame than the turnovers and a few offensive play calls.

#799 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:06 PM

3rd consecutive game against a playoff team that they couldn't put away.

Eagles?
@BSLMikeRandall

#800 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:09 PM

Eagles?

Titans.

Last year's games count for his arguments. Don't count for anyone else's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=