#841 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:40 AM

For those considering going to a game later in the year.  My advice, do it.  I got there about 11:45 and felt very comfortable being there.

The social distancing was fine.  Every other aisle was clear.  There was no changing of seats, because the Ravens had zip tied the seats 

Hand Sanitizer all over the place and the fans did a good job exiting the building.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#842 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:01 PM

One other thing, and in no way am I saying the refs made the ravens lose but the last drive had 2 plays that should have been corrected.  

They ignored the Steeler laying 40 yards behind the LOS, and let almost 10 seconds tick off.   The last play certainly seemed like Snead got hit in the head.  On top of that, the PI as the Steelers were on their game winning drive, makes me shake my head.

@mikeghg

#843 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:22 PM

One other thing, and in no way am I saying the refs made the ravens lose but the last drive had 2 plays that should have been corrected.

They ignored the Steeler laying 40 yards behind the LOS, and let almost 10 seconds tick off. The last play certainly seemed like Snead got hit in the head. On top of that, the PI as the Steelers were on their game winning drive, makes me shake my head.

That makes twice now that I’ve seen against the Ravens a jumping hip check go uncalled because the defender was playing the ball. But if you looked for the ball and your fingertip was on the receivers jersey, and you were wearing purple yesterday, it was flagged.
@BSLMikeRandall

#844 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:31 PM

That makes twice now that I’ve seen against the Ravens a jumping hip check go uncalled because the defender was playing the ball. But if you looked for the ball and your fingertip was on the receivers jersey, and you were wearing purple yesterday, it was flagged.

It certainly felt that way.  All that said though, if Lamar takes care of the ball, the game is not close.

• JordanKough likes this
@mikeghg

#845 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:47 PM

Just you. Mack knows how to appreciate our local superstars regardless of their skin color and is objective when levying criticism. He'd also be the first one here to say he needs to be extended regardless of cost even after yesterday. Like I said, he and many others appreciate his greatness. You should try it. Hell, your praise of Lamar for shouldering the blame is the first positive thing I can remember you saying about the reigning MVP.

Lol
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#846 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:11 PM

It certainly felt that way. All that said though, if Lamar takes care of the ball, the game is not close.

Agreed.

#847 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:20 PM

Lol

I guess the USA Today writer is also a racist 

https://ravenswire.u...burgh-steelers/

Jackson committed four turnovers on the day, with two more nearly going Pittsburgh’s way. Three of those turnovers effectively took a minimum of 13 points off the board in favor of Baltimore and were the deciding factor in who won Sunday.

1 – Jackson’s first turnover came on the third play of the game and his second pass attempt, seeing the Steelers defender return his interception to the end zone for a pick-six.

2 – The second turnover was a fumble in the first quarter, losing the ball on Pittsburgh’s four-yard line, costing the Ravens a field goal at the very least.

3 – Jackson threw his second interception of the game on his first throw of the second half. Picked off deep in Baltimore’s territory, at the 21-yard line, the Steelers were effectively gifted a minimum of a field goal once again. However, they found the end zone, putting up seven points on Jackson’s mistake.

Unfortunately for Jackson and the Ravens, the Steelers turned both interceptions into touchdowns, giving Pittsburgh 14 free points while taking points off the board for Baltimore. In a game that came down to a four-point margin of victory, the pick-six alone was a game-killer for the Ravens before even considering Jackson’s other errors. In reality, had Jackson remained turnover-free, Baltimore would have likely won the game 31-14.

Some fans will be quick to blame other things for this loss beyond just Jackson’s errors. But for the few things that Baltimore could have been better at beyond Jackson, the reigning MVP was given a lot more help than he took advantage of.

Roll Tide

#848 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:45 PM

I am really trying to stay out of this argument but what was the 4th TO?

@mikeghg

#849 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:49 PM

I am really trying to stay out of this argument but what was the 4th TO?

It was the 4th and 2 inside the 2-minute warning.  He was going to be stopped short, but Lamar actually fumbled before going down which Pittsburgh recovered.

#850 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

It was the 4th and 2 inside the 2-minute warning.  He was going to be stopped short, but Lamar actually fumbled before going down which Pittsburgh recovered.

Thanks.  I was all the way up the other end, did not realize he fumbled.  Technically a turnover, but it looked to me that Skura got eaten up on that play or he may have scored.

@mikeghg

#851 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

I guess the USA Today writer is also a racist

https://ravenswire.u...burgh-steelers/

This writer clearly is coming from a point of bias.

#852 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:22 PM

It was the 4th and 2 inside the 2-minute warning. He was going to be stopped short, but Lamar actually fumbled before going down which Pittsburgh recovered.

It's amazing to me that the Ravens had another opportunity after that stop/slash turnover. It seemed like that game would never end.

#853 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Thanks. I was all the way up the other end, did not realize he fumbled. Technically a turnover, but it looked to me that Skura got eaten up on that play or he may have scored.

Skura just had to win his block for Lamar to get the 1st. The defender essentially reached out with one arm and slowed /tackled Lamar while Skura was engaging him.

#854 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:49 PM

One other thing that ticked me off yesterday , but I would guess about 100 Stinking Steeler fans found their way into the game.   I am guessing some PSL holders won and quickly turned around and sold the seats.  The Ravens should have figured out a way to make them non transferable.

@mikeghg

#855 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:50 PM

Skura just had to win his block for Lamar to get the 1st. The defender essentially reached out with one arm and slowed /tackled Lamar while Skura was engaging him.

It looked like Lamar may have scored if Skura executes.  It may be time to let Mekari see if he can be better.

@mikeghg

#856 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:54 PM

It looked like Lamar may have scored if Skura executes. It may be time to let Mekari see if he can be better.

Interesting to see Mekari's grade in relief of Phillips. Either way he may need to be on the field.

#857 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:57 PM

Interesting to see Mekari's grade in relief of Phillips. Either way he may need to be on the field.

I have been asking for Mekari and Powers for a few weeks.  I will ask again. :-P

@mikeghg

#858 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:59 PM

The interesting thing to me, is I think the Oline rallied after Stanley went down.  They had trouble with the edge rushers but they pushed the Steelers all over the field running the ball.  Learn the lesson.  Run the ball.

@mikeghg

#859 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 04:28 PM

And I think Bozeman is quietly having a really good year, especially run blocking.  He was a beast yesterday. 

#860 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

Stayed away on purpose after that loss but it really sucked to lose because it was such a huge swing game for the division. We win and we’re in first place with another game against Steelers in 3 weeks. We lost and now we’re 2 games back and Pittsburgh has what has to be shaping up as the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL. They’ll go to 10-0 easily before they play us again and the only other tough out in their schedule is at Buffalo. They could conceivably go undefeated.
  • cprenegade likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=