347 replies to this topic

#281 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:49 AM

I just migrated over from OH. I too was incredibly disappointed with Tony's decision to take his ball and go home when things didn't go his way.

I found it awfully ironic that as a few members posted their disapproval on the way out there were some posters that mocked them as being dramatic. The "if you're going to leave, just go quietly" bunch. Well isn't that what Tony did? He didn't just shut the site, he also posted his hypocritical manifesto on the way out. What a joke.

There were cronies that got away with murder over there while others were threatened. They were also some of the same ones that insinuated that this site was posting awful anti-Tony propoganda and had a completely toxic atmosphere. Well, I've seen quite the opposite so far. In fact, if I had known about this site before I think would have been here a long time ago.

The final straw for me was when the topic of Tony's decision was closed and all talk of it made verboten. I just couldn't see myself going back there. Yes, it's Tony's site and he has every right to do with it as he chooses, but I also have the right to go wherever I please and I'm just not going back there anymore.

Thanks for providing me an alternative to OH guys. It looks like a pretty cool site and I think I'll hang around awhile if you'll have me.

If you only want to talk Orioles you might be better off to stick with OH. The complete spectrum of sports along with many other topics are discussed more in depth here than there. Ill also tell you that the owner of this site and the mods are much less heavy handed here than there. You dont feel like you are walking around on eggshells, afraid of saying the "wrong" thing or pissing off the wrong person.

#282 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:38 AM

I just migrated over from OH. I too was incredibly disappointed with Tony's decision to take his ball and go home when things didn't go his way.

I found it awfully ironic that as a few members posted their disapproval on the way out there were some posters that mocked them as being dramatic. The "if you're going to leave, just go quietly" bunch. Well isn't that what Tony did? He didn't just shut the site, he also posted his hypocritical manifesto on the way out. What a joke.

There were cronies that got away with murder over there while others were threatened. They were also some of the same ones that insinuated that this site was posting awful anti-Tony propoganda and had a completely toxic atmosphere. Well, I've seen quite the opposite so far. In fact, if I had known about this site before I think would have been here a long time ago.

The final straw for me was when the topic of Tony's decision was closed and all talk of it made verboten. I just couldn't see myself going back there. Yes, it's Tony's site and he has every right to do with it as he chooses, but I also have the right to go wherever I please and I'm just not going back there anymore.

Thanks for providing me an alternative to OH guys. It looks like a pretty cool site and I think I'll hang around awhile if you'll have me.

Welcome dude.

Yeah that’s kinda the rub over here. We all have our past over there but the way they censor info and discussing it gets you banned there’s only one side of a story over there. I feel like if more people came to look around they’d be surprised by what they thought they knew. It’s not that it’s anti Tony prop, it’s that we all came from there and have stories and facts that he can’t censor. The fun test is if someone over here said they liked it and still posted over there we kinda shrug and say cool, we miss those guys, but if you did the opposite over there you’d get called disloyal and kicked out.

I hope you do like it better over here. I think we are fairly chill.
@JeremyMStrain

#283 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:44 AM

I'll add that Tony and the OH are generally not discussed here at all. It's a topic now because he did something stupid and then an even bigger topic because of those that have migrated from there to here.
  • Chris B likes this

#284 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:46 AM

I'll add that Tony and the OH are generally not discussed here at all. It's a topic now because he did something stupid and then an even bigger topic because of those that have migrated from there to here.

Tony who? :)

Dont mind me, Im just a smart arse in RL. :)

• Mike in STL likes this

#285 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

To be fair it comes up once every couple years. Basically exactly because of what’s going on now like you said. Then generally we do some reminiscing and then it’s over for a couple more years. Def not like some hit job or anything though.
@JeremyMStrain

#286 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

#TeamMac is in effect! 

Not that we know each other, but glad to know a fellow Mac is here so I'm in good company

#287 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:06 PM

#TeamMac is in effect!

Not that we know each other, but glad to know a fellow Mac is here so I'm in good company

Oh you guys have a whole club. There’s Mackus. Big Mac. And both of you.
@JeremyMStrain

#288 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:36 PM

Amongst many names I recognize back from the old place, and many new ones I don't, I'm particularly happy to see 1970 posting here a few times lately. He posted here a little bit some years ago but not in a while. Hope he and the rest of the "new" blood enjoys it here and stays a while.

Thanks Mackus, you’re still my favorite poster (see, flattery will get you somewhere).  Not that you were saying or implying this, but I’d like to make sure everyone knows that I wasn’t posting elsewhere.  My Dad spent the last 3+ years in and out of the hospital fighting one ailment after another and ultimately lost a battle to Alzheimer’s (he’s now in a better place - with my Mom).  I can tell you all that it is truly an honor to be named someone’s personal representative once they’re gone, but it’s also more work than I ever thought it would be.  

While I haven’t been posting, I’ve definitely been lurking, so I know what you all have been up to.  For the newcomers, this is only the second message board I’ve ever regularly posted on, but I can tell you unequivocally that it is the best and it does have the best group of people.

• JeremyStrain, mweb08, BobPhelan and 2 others like this

#289 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

Oh you guys have a whole club. There’s Mackus. Big Mac. And both of you.

I'm a PC myself.

6znqvnvwbqf11.jpg

• JeremyStrain, BSLMikeLowe, mweb08 and 2 others like this

#290 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:49 PM

I'm a PC myself.

6znqvnvwbqf11.jpg

I could change my SN to The Mac Daddy...but then I'd need someone to be the Miggity Miggity Mac.

Please tell me one of you will get this reference or I'll feel sad and alone.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#291 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:56 PM

I could change my SN to The Mac Daddy...but then I'd need someone to be the Miggity Miggity Mac.

Got the ref...you should still feel sad lol.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#292 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

You should see the clothes my classmates were sporting in middle school. This was so, so dumb in hindsight.

Yes, yes, I get the reference.

#293 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:08 PM

Got the ref...you should still feel sad lol.

Warm it up, Chris.

• BSLChrisStoner, JeremyStrain and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#294 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:09 PM

That post makes me wanna, JUMP! JUMP!
  • JeremyStrain likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#295 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

You should see the clothes my classmates were sporting in middle school. This was so, so dumb in hindsight.

Yes, yes, I get the reference.

Oy, was bad enough in the late 80s early 90s with the like bright colored Jorts and striped shirts, but man when things went backwards there was definitely a moment of "how did we get here as a society?"

@JeremyMStrain

#296 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

This is a common refrain and I have a slightly different take.  To me, if he is going to accept subscription fees (plus memberships) then he has an obligation to keep the service available for his subscribers to use or sell it to someone who will.  That seems pretty basic to me.  Even after two long, written explanations - since removed - it's still unclear to me what he hoped to accomplish by shutting down.  Punish his revenue source?

I'm tired of dwelling on this and it's time to move on, but the notion of providing a service to the public without also recognizing a responsibility toward them seems more than a little strange to me.  

• You Play to Win the Game and makoman like this

#297 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:28 PM

This is a common refrain and I have a slightly different take.  To me, if he is going to accept subscription fees (plus memberships) then he has an obligation to keep the service available for his subscribers to use or sell it to someone who will.  That seems pretty basic to me.  Even after two long, written explanations - since removed - it's still unclear to me what he hoped to accomplish by shutting down.  Punish his revenue source?

I'm tired of dwelling on this and it's time to move on, but the notion of providing a service to the public without also recognizing a responsibility toward them seems more than a little strange to me.  

I agree that it shows disdain for his customers. I think his heart isn't in it anymore, whether it's the politics or just getting older who knows. I feel like he's bragged (at least it felt like that) a few times in the past year or so about how he doesn't need the site and could sell it at any time to a standing offer he has (maybe that's Chris?). This whole ordeal seems like an easy way to test the waters of that. It's one reason, along with the whole political thing, that I don't really want to be active there anymore, it's not really stable if the owner is going to threaten to quit over every little thing, and I don't see his or MLB's political angle changing any time soon. 

Of course he's always seemed to have a huge ego and if he quits he probably won't have a hook to go on 105.7 anymore, and also won't really have any way to call himself a scout and publisher, so he'll lose a lot of how he probably views himself. I also wonder if he was jealous that Luke-OH came in and boom got an O's job without trying. But that's enough amateur psychologist for today.

• BobPhelan and 24fps like this

#298 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:42 PM

There was a poster over there named Jdubs and he negative repped me every chance he got. I never liked John the guy with his own website, he was over here too. Every post he had always seemed like he was talking down to you. Other then that I got along with everyone else. I maybe one of the few but before it got personal I use to love reading Rshacks responses to Sportsguy (Robs) post. Then there was the lollipop crew. I think rob all lumped mweb, ricker, the ledzepplin guy, can of corn? and a few others in there too that would jump in on the posts. I also did not mind the insiders “”. Who cares if they were right. Miller, Belkast, Bigbird, then there was another it was chief something.

Fun times but Tony and I did not see eye to eye on a few occasions. He drove me away.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#299 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:03 PM

There was a poster over there named Jdubs and he negative repped me every chance he got. I never liked John the guy with his own website, he was over here too. Every post he had always seemed like he was talking down to you. Other then that I got along with everyone else. I maybe one of the few but before it got personal I use to love reading Rshacks responses to Sportsguy (Robs) post. Then there was the lollipop crew. I think rob all lumped mweb, ricker, the ledzepplin guy, can of corn? and a few others in there too that would jump in on the posts. I also did not mind the insiders “”. Who cares if they were right. Miller, Belkast, Bigbird, then there was another it was chief something.

Fun times but Tony and I did not see eye to eye on a few occasions. He drove me away.

I don't think I was generally considered part of the lollipop guild. I'm offended! Lol

#300 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:13 PM

Miller was legit and was a cool poster who was here for awhile. As far as the other insiders, it wasn't so much they were passing along rumors as it was the posters running with it. The front page was constantly littered with threads that either revolved around the rumors or people begging for more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=