#261 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

This is a better place, I didnt have too many runins with Tony. He slapped in 2013 for talking about drinking the old kool-aid as I was opposed to blowing up a winning team for the good of the team.

I feel like I have much better discussions with people who I don't agree here than I ever did at OH. Posters here have respect for each other and I love that. I've been in this forum off and on over the years, but hopefully, I'll be here more often and more regularly. 

• BobPhelan likes this

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#262 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

I questioned Trembley’s habit of calling out Felix Pie all the time and got the negrep hammer. Tony’s were -25 if I remember right.

#263 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:48 AM

I questioned Trembley’s habit of calling out Felix Pie all the time and got the negrep hammer. Tony’s were -25 if I remember right.

Pie was a point of contention with a lot of people, which was...strange to me. I think (Luke Scott-isms aside) it was because the talent was so glaringly obvious, and it just never came together. He always just looked like he was on the verge, no matter where he was...until he wasn't.

• Old Man likes this

#264 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:00 AM

Pie was a point of contention with a lot of people, which was...strange to me. I think (Luke Scott-isms aside) it was because the talent was so glaringly obvious, and it just never came together. He always just looked like he was on the verge, no matter where he was...until he wasn't.

Pie's downfall seams to be going on the 60 day DL, and he never bounced back from that. Change of scenery to the Pirates didnt help much

#265 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:46 AM

He had a 1.131 OPS in the Mexican League last year, the light has finally come on! 

The league OPS was 848, but still, not too shabby.

• You Play to Win the Game and The Epic like this

#266 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:30 PM

That might be atomic, who's actually a key figure in the history of this board.  He's the guy who trolled Rob into originally getting banned from OH, which kicked off the whole foxhole debacle and drove a bunch of posters over here full time.  I always found atomic pretty funny, but then again, he wasn't trolling me.

Genuine contrarian voices (as opposed to attention seeking trolls) are worth their weight in gold on a message board IMO.  Nothing sucks the life out of a conversation faster than everybody agreeing with each other.  New perspectives are oxygen.  

Besides, even the attention seeking trolls provide entertainment value, and they also can be lightning rods taking attention away from the petty little squabbles that sooner or later always crop up in places like this, often out of boredom.

A few pet trolls can be life-enhancing for a message board, I think.

#267 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:34 PM

Genuine contrarian voices (as opposed to attention seeking trolls) are worth their weight in gold on a message board IMO.  Nothing sucks the life out of a conversation faster than everybody agreeing with each other.  New perspectives are oxygen.  

I DISAGREE!!!

(Someone was gonna say it. Might as well have been me.)

• 24fps and russsnyder like this

#268 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:08 PM

I DISAGREE!!!

(Someone was gonna say it. Might as well have been me.)

Totally OK.  One or two eighth graders are useful too.   :)

• The Epic likes this

#269 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

I miss Nickle, too.

#270 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

I miss Nickle, too.

Other than the fact that he thought I had some sort of animosity toward him (???), I enjoyed his presence. 

#271 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

I miss Nickle, too.

Oh don't worry...I'm sure he's around here somewhere...

@JeremyMStrain

#272 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:19 PM

He wrote an episode of Agent Carter when it was on ABC, not sure about other shows..

EDIT:  https://www.imdb.com...f_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Thanks.

I knew it was some kind of Superhero thing.

I think Agent Carter storyline  is related to WW2, 

I never watched the show, but the brunette who played her was kinda hot.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#273 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

He gave me a -120 when he called me an a hole in a personal message.

It was in response to his calling Joe Flacco an idiot for not seeing an open receiver late in a game the Ravens lost.

My reply to his post was " The game looks real easy when your biggest concern is keeping the Cheetos dust out of your remote."

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#274 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:29 PM

He gave me a -120 when he called me an a hole in a personal message.

It was in response to his calling Joe Flacco an idiot for not seeing an open receiver late in a game the Ravens lost.

My reply to his post was " The game looks real easy when your biggest concern is keeping the Cheetos dust out of your remote."

Atomic as a paying member, loved hammering you with a red beanie when he didnt like you.

I think for the most part, the negative votes were pretty much not used, people did freely give up votes. But, I dont post to post for votes, like some.

Some get lots of upvotes, because like Frobby, he posts something good.

Im seeing several good posters here, and learning my way around, and thinking this might just be a better fit. :)

#275 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

All of the reminiscing aside... 

- I'm glad some people have found us. 

- I hope more do. 
You can direct people to our about page to give them some info on us and our contributors: 
https://baltimorespo...e.com/about-us/

- If people like posting at OH (and feel they can only post at one board for some reason)... more power to them. OH still has a strong community of posters, good discussions, etc.  It's sports talk. It should be fun. People should post where they are comfortable. 

• The Epic, BobPhelan and dorfmac like this

#276 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

I never watched the show, but the brunette who played her was kinda hot.

Kinda? 😍
  • russsnyder likes this

#277 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

Oh man, I had some good neg rep wars with RShack, Old#5fan, etc. There was one dbag who gave me neg rep once because something minuscule was off grammatically in a sentence. That escalated to the point where we were writing sh-t about each other in our signature lines. LMAO I’d like to think I’ve mellowed out since then. 😁

Does anybody know whatever happened to vatech?
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#278 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:13 PM

Does anybody know whatever happened to vatech?

He is registered here.  Posted for maybe a month years ago.  
He's posted at OH more recently. 

• ChaosLex likes this

#279 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

Amongst many names I recognize back from the old place, and many new ones I don't, I'm particularly happy to see 1970 posting here a few times lately. He posted here a little bit some years ago but not in a while. Hope he and the rest of the "new" blood enjoys it here and stays a while.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#280 Rich Mac

Rich Mac
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:39 PM

I just migrated over from OH. I too was incredibly disappointed with Tony's decision to take his ball and go home when things didn't go his way. 

I found it awfully ironic that as a few members posted their disapproval on the way out there were some posters that mocked them as being dramatic. The "if you're going to leave, just go quietly" bunch. Well isn't that what Tony did? He didn't just shut the site, he also posted his hypocritical manifesto on the way out. What a joke.

There were cronies that got away with murder over there while others were threatened. They were also some of the same ones that insinuated that this site was posting awful anti-Tony propoganda and had a completely toxic atmosphere. Well, I've seen quite the opposite so far. In fact, if I had known about this site before I think would have been here a long time ago.

The final straw for me was when the topic of Tony's decision was closed and all talk of it made verboten. I just couldn't see myself going back there. Yes, it's Tony's site and he has every right to do with it as he chooses, but I also have the right to go wherever I please and I'm just not going back there anymore.

Thanks for providing me an alternative to OH guys. It looks like a pretty cool site and I think I'll hang around awhile if you'll have me.

• The Epic, BobPhelan, 24fps and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=