#81 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

Ingram a full go at today's practice.

Good News.....about 56.5 hours to game time. Let's go Ravens.

Sounds like he's a full go.

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

Sounds like he's a full go.

I had heard on the radio that he returned fully to practice.  The website says limited.

Sounds like the old game time decision.

@mikeghg

#83 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

I had heard on the radio that he returned fully to practice. The website says limited.

Sounds like the old game time decision.

Yeah I'm hearing he was limited now. The first report was a little too optimistic.

#84 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

Ingram a full go at today's practice.

Good News.....about 56.5 hours to game time. Let's go Ravens.

He was limited according to Harbaugh.

Schefter reported this morning that he was playing and Ravens are just being cautious.

Just never know when a calf injury could flare up though.

#85 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

It's interesting to me, all the chatter has been about how Tennessee limits possessions by keeping control of the clock by running the ball and it'll make the game go by fast. But Tennessee had the 5th worst defensive time of possession by rank. Contrary to Baltimore who had the least. http://www.nfl.com/s...DS_PER_GAME_AVG  That's 31:29 vs 25:30 for the Ravens.

Converesely the Titans ranked 29th in the league in time of possession on offense despite having the league leading overall rusher at 28:31. As you may know, it's 34:47 for the Ravens. Obviously the stats correlate to each other a bit, but, I think there is value in looking at both in the sense that the Titans don't sustain all of their drives in a game in addition to the fact that their defense isn't great getting off the field either. 

I think there is a myth out there that the Titans control the clock in games. They sucked 2 minutes off the clock with that ridiculous rule and ended that game with just 31:09 in time, so more like their season average of about 29:00 for the game. 

#86 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

Just got word that we got free tickets to the game...down low, 35 yard line.  

Tailgating at Jimmys Seafood before the game.

Can't wait!

• JStruds likes this

#87 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:46 PM

He was limited according to Harbaugh.

Schefter reported this morning that he was playing and Ravens are just being cautious.

Just never know when a calf injury could flare up though.

Personally, I'd rather have Gus out there at 100% than Ingram hobbling around and falling forward for 2 or 3 yards.  I hope Harbaugh has enough sense in his head to avoid playing him just for the sake of him being out there.  I know the season ends with the next loss but to me, he could be more of a detriment than helping the team. 

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

Personally, I'd rather have Gus out there at 100% than Ingram hobbling around and falling forward for 2 or 3 yards. I hope Harbaugh has enough sense in his head to avoid playing him just for the sake of him being out there. I know the season ends with the next loss but to me, he could be more of a detriment than helping the team.

Why are we concerned that the Ravens would be stupid enough to play Ingram if he's so far less than full strength that all he's capable of doing is "hobbling around"? What in their history indicates they'd let him play if he's that injured? Maybe they gamble and see how effective he can be and find out quickly once the game starts that he is ineffective, but they'll bench him in favor of Edwards and Hill if that's the case. They won't keep giving snaps to a both injured and ineffective back when we have good alternatives.

I think the real concern is making the injury worse and not having him for a potential AFC Championship and Super Bowl. A muscle pull is absolutely the type of injury you can make worse by pushing it, as it appears that maybe Ingram already has done with the setback. Worry about Ingram hurting himself is a valid concern, but I don't think worry about him hurting the Ravens offense is very justified.

#89 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

I'm a bit scared of how confident I feel about this game, but I think the Ravens roll. Something like 31-15.
  • BobPhelan and Bmore Irish like this

#90 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

Can't wait!

By we.... you mean like...you and me???
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:35 PM

By we.... you mean like...you and me???

Lol..I don’t think that would go over well with the wife.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#92 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

I'm a bit scared of how confident I feel about this game, but I think the Ravens roll. Something like 31-15.

They were talking about the game on Get Up this morning and a few of the guys were talking about how worried the Ravens should be..Foxworth chimed in, laughed and was like, the Ravens are going to kill the Titans.
  • DuffMan likes this

#93 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:51 AM

Can't wait!

Bought tickets with my friends yesterday and then 6 hours later was offered tickets by my wife’s family since they’ll be out of town.

Just brutal timing.

#94 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:58 AM

I feel the same about this game as I did all season- if the Ravens play a clean game, don't commit costly turnovers or penalties, they win going away.  The Titans have put together a nice stretch but there's a reason they finished 9-7 and the Ravens were 14-2.  The only team that's going to beat the Ravens at this point are the Ravens themselves.  Ravens 37; Tennessee 16. 

#95 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:20 AM

I feel the same about this game as I did all season- if the Ravens play a clean game, don't commit costly turnovers or penalties, they win going away. The Titans have put together a nice stretch but there's a reason they finished 9-7 and the Ravens were 14-2. The only team that's going to beat the Ravens at this point are the Ravens themselves. Ravens 37; Tennessee 16.

I don’t get why people keep mentioning the 9-7 record.

They are 8-3 since Tannehill took over.

That’s what you look at.

What they were with Mariota means nothing.

#96 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:27 AM

It’s obvious the Pats wanted to take away Brown and they did.

Henry ran all over them but they only scored 14 points.

Not saying you want Henry to run all over you but taking out Brown May be the best way to limit the points.

#97 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

I saw that the spread had gone to 9 and now it’s back to 10.

#98 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:49 AM

I don’t get why people keep mentioning the 9-7 record.

They are 8-3 since Tannehill took over.

That’s what you look at.

What they were with Mariota means nothing.

They're on a good roll with Tannehill but he's just an average quarterback in my opinion and always has been.  Henry has been the biggest difference during the 8-3 run.  Without him doing his damage, Tannehill doesn't do what's he's done.  Defensively, I think they're an average, but nothing special unit.  You stop Henry, you stop the Titans.  It's that simple.  Overall, they're still a 9-7 team to me.  If the Ravens take care of business, you'll be enjoying a decisive win at the stadium.  

#99 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:38 AM

If the Ravens don't score on their first couple of drives... (obviously something they've been great at), and say they are down 7-0 after the 1st Quarter....  how tense will you be? 

To me, that's part of the scenario you could craft for Titans. 

- They score first...Titans play loose with no pressure on them..

- Ravens are tight... and come out slow after the bye...

- Ravens turn the ball over a couple of times... 
- Maybe the Titans get a defensive or special teams score... 

- Tannehill comfortable vs. the heavy blitz...

- Henry wears down the Ravens Front 7... 

If some of those things happen, maybe there is an upset. 

I don't see it.  I don't think I'm disrespecting the Titans. They've played well over an extended stretch.
They have some players. Physical style travels. 

But I'm thinking 27-13 Ravens. 

Admittedly I'll feel better if the Ravens jump out early.

#100 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:51 AM

Kind of how I feel too. Very nervous about the unlikely chance of a letdown (been there, done that) but I do think we win pretty easily, especially if there is no rain.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=