• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

The Titans were 9-7 in the regular season, and earned the trip to Baltimore with their Wild Card victory at New England. 

BSL: Looking for the Death Star exhaust port in Baltimore’s season

BSL: Titans at Ravens – keys to the game

BSL: Ravens fortunate to retain Roman and Martindale, but returns could be short lived
https://www.baltimor...ns-short-lived/

BSL: What To Expect From The Titans Defense
https://www.baltimor...titans-defense/

BSL: Week 7 was the Turning Point for Both Titans and Ravens
https://www.baltimor...-titans-ravens/

BSL: What Fuels The Titans Running Success?
https://www.baltimor...unning-success/

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:42 PM

This reminds me of those WC Ravens teams that went in to Tennessee. Definitely not overly confident, but contain Henry, and Ravens win easily.

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

Historically the Ravens have owned TEN.

Henry is also the type of back that gives the Ravens fits if their D doesn’t bring their A game.

No excuse for losing though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:01 AM

This reminds me of those WC Ravens teams that went in to Tennessee. Definitely not overly confident, but contain Henry, and Ravens win easily.

That would be the irony factor here.  The Ravens went in as wild cards and beat division winning Tennessee teams.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Tennessee returned the favor. 

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:43 AM

That would be the irony factor here. The Ravens went in as wild cards and beat division winning Tennessee teams. Wouldn't it be ironic if Tennessee returned the favor.

The Titans also had an amazing QB that was the talk of the league. Honestly don't think it means anything, but just interesting and pretty eery.
  • cprenegade likes this

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:18 AM

Opening line has us as 10 point favorites.

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:03 AM

The Titans also had an amazing QB that was the talk of the league. Honestly don't think it means anything, but just interesting and pretty eery.

No it doesn't mean anything to the teams, players, coaches.  Tennessee fans might find it sweet considering the Ravens knocked them out of the playoffs at home as a lower seed, but that's about it.  

• sandiegosean likes this

#8 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

The most unsettling thing about this game is the Titans are coming in as a considerable underdog. That's something that's very easy to rally around; they can just come in here with the full knowledge that they're not going to be ridiculed even if they get blown out. They'll be sky-high for this game and emotional thresholds aren't something you can study on film, nor can you prepare for them.

As for intrinsic game-planning, it's a pretty simple formula for the Ravens defensively: Stop Derrick Henry and take away the play action. That's essentially been Tennessee's entire offense since Tannehill took over.

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:30 AM

Twice we have marched into Nashville and beaten them when they’re the 1 seed.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:35 AM

After a week's worth of analysis, I think the biggest thing to remember is Tennessee hasn't played the Ravens this year.  They haven't seen the machine that's scored over 30 points a game and in that scenario, it's usually lights out.  If they can stop Henry and force the Titans to become pass happy, the blow out is on in my opinion.  I don't see the Titans stopping the Ravens offense because they won't be prepared for it.  Outside of SF, no one was.  The game I've been worried about for weeks is probably coming to fruition, unless the Texans can pull off a miracle next week and take out the Chiefs.  Doubtful so it's looking more and more like KC is coming to Baltimore for the AFC Championship.  Gulp! 

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

Every stat for Tenn on defense has them as average or slightly below average except for them being 12th in the league vs the run.

They weren’t great against the run last night but NE also didn’t run it enough, so they were held under 100 yards.

If they play defense next week like that against the Ravens, the Ravens will get their 200ish yards.

The big matchup is the Tenn Oline vs our Dline. The Ravens can’t get dominated up front and allow Henry to have a big game.

That being said, Henry had a monster game last night and they basically only won by 1 and the offense only put up 14 points.

The other side to that is that even with a great secondary, I don’t except to see Tannehill with just 15 passes and 72 yards.

Another thing to keep an eye on is Humphrey. He was called for 11 penalties this year, which was almost triple the next guy in the secondary for the Ravens. He plays physical and that lends to these penalties. However, they usually allow you to get away with more physical play in the playoffs, so that could be a huge advantage for him.

Of course, it could also completely take M Brown out of the game.

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:51 AM

Every stat for Tenn on defense has them as average or slightly below average except for them being 12th in the league vs the run.

They weren’t great against the run last night but NE also didn’t run it enough, so they were held under 100 yards.

If they play defense next week like that against the Ravens, the Ravens will get their 200ish yards.

The big matchup is the Tenn Oline vs our Dline. The Ravens can’t get dominated up front and allow Henry to have a big game.

That being said, Henry had a monster game last night and they basically only won by 1 and the offense only put up 14 points.

The other side to that is that even with a great secondary, I don’t except to see Tannehill with just 15 passes and 72 yards.

Another thing to keep an eye on is Humphrey. He was called for 11 penalties this year, which was almost triple the next guy in the secondary for the Ravens. He plays physical and that lends to these penalties. However, they usually allow you to get away with more physical play in the playoffs, so that could be a huge advantage for him.

Of course, it could also completely take M Brown out of the game.

Ravens need to move Brown around and put him in motion. Get him moving away from a defender and make the DB have to chase him immediately.

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:15 AM

A lot of rain in the forecast for next weekend as of now.

Could be another sloppy game.

That always can even out things.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:24 AM

Titans are the team I least wanted to see out of the possibles. Good running game, potent air attack and potential for big plays...

have to think the offense keeps chugging along but bad weather gives the Titans the advantage. 

not worried yet but I am concerned. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Tennessee is exactly the team I didn't want to play. The Ravens better come prepared.

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

Ugh. Another wet game sitting in the stands. And my rain jacket split apart last home game and I threw it away. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#17 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:42 AM

At some point I keep wondering if Ryan Tannehill turns back into Ryan Tannehill as well.

Ugh. I would have felt much better about facing Houston again.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Houston has more upside than Tennessee.

Houston would be the better team to face in bad conditions though.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

Apparently the line started at 8.5 and moved to 10 fast.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

https://twitter.com/...8749077509?s=21

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors