• Please log in to reply
2489 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

Balt Sun: As Ravens turn to 2019 season, Greg Roman's role on offense can't be overlooked

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:47 AM

Balt Sun: Eric DeCosta to start as Ravens GM on Friday; Ozzie Newsome will have 'significant' role

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

I'll add the link later..article at ESPN..better fit at backup QB..RG3 or T.Taylor?

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,000 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

I'd prefer Taylor but I imagine he will be far more expensive. I'm fine with Griffin for $3-4M if that gets it done. I think Taylor will likely be twice that.

#5 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

I'll add the link later..article at ESPN..better fit at backup QB..RG3 or T.Taylor?

Is Troy Smith an option?

@DJ_McCann

#6 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

I'd prefer Taylor but I imagine he will be far more expensive. I'm fine with Griffin for $3-4M if that gets it done. I think Taylor will likely be twice that.

Taylor will be looking for a starting job 1st. If Jax or Mia draft a QB he could be their bridge to the new guy. He may not get signed until after the draft.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Balt Sun: Actually, Ravens safety Eric Weddle might not end his career with the Ravens
https://www.baltimor...0123-story.html

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Harbaugh meets with the media tomorrow.

DeCosta next week.

Not the same State of the Ravens address we saw prior to last year but still, they will be up there taking questions.

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Balt Sun: Actually, Ravens safety Eric Weddle might not end his career with the Ravens
https://www.baltimor...0123-story.html

I totally get that Weddle and Jefferson weren't great this year and didn't make a ton of big plays. But I'm also not in the rush to usher them out the door that many are. Largely because I'm still so scarred by the era or Elam, Huff, and Kendrick Lewis... all three of which were virtually no different than playing WITHOUT safeties on the field at all...

Don't be in a rush to change until you are HIGHLY confident that change will be for the better.

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

I totally get that Weddle and Jefferson weren't great this year and didn't make a ton of big plays. But I'm also not in the rush to usher them out the door that many are. Largely because I'm still so scarred by the era or Elam, Huff, and Kendrick Lewis... all three of which were virtually no different than playing WITHOUT safeties on the field at all...

Don't be in a rush to change until you are HIGHLY confident that change will be for the better.

Jefferson is awful.

This team didn’t let up big plays so I’m willing to give Weddle credit for that and that things we don’t see are on tape and they show that he can still stop things.

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Cole Beasley is a FA. He seems like the type of guy that we could use to help Jackson. Is he too similar to Snead?

Little guys who can get open right away and big guys who you can throw it to even if they aren't open. I think those are the guys we want.

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Jeff Z:

Ravens announce that they've hired David Culley as their assistant head coach/receivers coach and passing coordinator.

Apparently he is 63 years old...one of Harbaughs Philly guys. That doesn’t instill confidence in me.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Jeff Z:

Ravens announce that they've hired David Culley as their assistant head coach/receivers coach and passing coordinator.

Apparently he is 63 years old...one of Harbaughs Philly guys. That doesn’t instill confidence in me.

Bill's QB coach the last two years... Hopefully he had no parts in molding Nathan Peterman.

#14 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Roman has worked out good. Let's give the man a chance.

#15 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Jeff Z:

Well looks like the same old same old.

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Jeff Z:

Just a friend who needs a job. Nothing to see here.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hypothetical question here. Let's say Ravens completely bomb next season and go 2-14. A team offers, let's say a 2nd for Harbaugh and Ravens take it.

Would any of you be interested in giving Romo a chance as a HC?

I personally would be on board. Use the first pick and grab Tua, and give Romo his chance to be the next McVay.

Listening to him in the booth, he clearly has a great analytical football mind. He knows how an offense should run. And he seems to have a good grasp on how a defense should stop any specific offense. Mainly it seems like he can quickly diagnose how an offense or defense should adjust to what they're seeing. Anyone else feel the same?

#18 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:45 AM

Hypothetical question here. Let's say Ravens completely bomb next season and go 2-14. A team offers, let's say a 2nd for Harbaugh and Ravens take it.

Would any of you be interested in giving Romo a chance as a HC?

I personally would be on board. Use the first pick and grab Tua, and give Romo his chance to be the next McVay.

Listening to him in the booth, he clearly has a great analytical football mind. He knows how an offense should run. And he seems to have a good grasp on how a defense should stop any specific offense. Mainly it seems like he can quickly diagnose how an offense or defense should adjust to what they're seeing. Anyone else feel the same?

Barf. 

People already think Harbs is too rah rah. If you don't think Harbaugh has the same analytical football X and O skills as Romo, you're delusional. Even these mediocre coaches have forgotten more about the game than people here. 

Romo isn't stupid, but he's not popular because he's a great football mind. He's popular because he can translate that into a way that the masses can enjoy. He's already go the name recognition. And he has dated hot blonde women. He's got all the cache of Hollywood and with an actual football brain. And he's not even as right as everyone pretends. If you actually sit and listen to him he's right about 50% of the time. 

Romo is dumbing down what he sees on the field significantly from what he says, too. So evaluating his skills as a head coach from what we hear on TV is crazy. 

I have a ton of respect for your football mind, Biggsy, but I think this would be a terrible idea. 

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Just watched the DeCosta press conference.

Sounds like he will lean more on analytics than Ozzie did.

Said he has some different strategies on how to do things as well.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

I’m still very intrigued by DeShon Elliott. Hoping he is ready to fully go for all OTAs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=