#2481 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:46 AM

So...they just didn’t show up. Plain and simple

This is my conclusion as well.  Whatever caused it, I think it was effort on-the-field and not gameplan that was the difference between winning handily like we should have and getting blown out.  

Not that the team didn't care or was lazy or didn't play hard, I don't mean a lack of effort like that, but it wasn't an efficient effort.  Maybe they were overamped (like I've thought Adam Jones has been in the past for the Orioles) or maybe they were not taking the Titans as a threat (seems unlikely to me since they brought the effort against inferior opponents in the regular season).  If they were tight, or they chocked, or they looked ahead or whatever the case was, they just got outplayed and even if Roman and Wink have perfect game plans I think we lose.  Maybe a better game plan helps them snap out of the shellshock in time to come back and win like the Chiefs did.  But it took both errors, and some turnovers, to get the score to where it was.

#2482 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:06 PM

This is my conclusion as well.  Whatever caused it, I think it was effort on-the-field and not gameplan that was the difference between winning handily like we should have and getting blown out.  

Not that the team didn't care or was lazy or didn't play hard, I don't mean a lack of effort like that, but it wasn't an efficient effort.  Maybe they were overamped (like I've thought Adam Jones has been in the past for the Orioles) or maybe they were not taking the Titans as a threat (seems unlikely to me since they brought the effort against inferior opponents in the regular season).  If they were tight, or they chocked, or they looked ahead or whatever the case was, they just got outplayed and even if Roman and Wink have perfect game plans I think we lose.  Maybe a better game plan helps them snap out of the shellshock in time to come back and win like the Chiefs did.  But it took both errors, and some turnovers, to get the score to where it was.

I totally disagree. How can you say the top rushing team in the league only running their backs nine times wasn't a bad game plan?

#2483 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

I totally disagree. How can you say the top rushing team in the league only running their backs nine times wasn't a bad game plan?

I didn't say that.

#2484 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

Sure, nobody likes getting away from the running game, but the question should be why did they do that? Getting down two touchdowns right off the bat is not what we're used to. It could be argued those TDs were sort of flukes. What was not a fluke at all, though, is that the OL was getting constantly dominated. There were no running lanes, little protection for the QB (turnovers were the dagger). Twice they got rejected on fourth and short when there was no slot to squeeze through. I don't think dropping the running game caused the Ravens to get beat as much as getting beat caused them to drop the running game.

#2485 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

I didn't say that.

You literally said

I think it was effort on-the-field and not gameplan that was the difference

#2486 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:15 PM

Sure, nobody likes getting away from the running game, but the question should be why did they do that? Getting down two touchdowns right off the bat is not what we're used to. It could be argued those TDs were sort of flukes. What was not a fluke at all, though, is that the OL was getting constantly dominated. There were no running lanes, little protection for the QB (turnovers were the dagger). Twice they got rejected on fourth and short when there was no slot to squeeze through. I don't think dropping the running game caused the Ravens to get beat as much as getting beat caused them to drop the running game.

So you just give up the run in the 1st quarter because you got stopped a couple times. The first quarter runs were Ingram for no gain Edwards for 19, , Edwards for no gain. Ingram for 5, Ingram for 1. 12 plays 5 runs. 7-0 at that point before the first ill fated 4th and 1.  The Titans go up 14-0 at that point, let's assume down 14 , we have to pass more to get back in it ok. At the half it's 14-6. That's literally a one score game with an entire half to go. Why not go back to the game that got you to 14 wins at that point? It's hard to say your running game is getting beat when you really haven't used it. 

#2487 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

You literally said

I think he means the game plan wasnt to run the ball only 9 times. They reevaluate the plan after they went down 14-0. We can all agree what happens at the 14-0 point wasn’t ideal.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2488 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:20 PM

You literally said

Keep reading, I guess.  

I said that even if the gameplan was perfect (which clearly means I don't think it was) I think they lose, because of the lack of quality effort (and tried to explain what I meant by that as well).  Never said the game plan was good, but that it's quality was irrelevant because of how bad the effort was.

#2489 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:06 AM

I think the Ravens just got beaten in every phase of the game.   Offense, defense, coaching, both front lines, special teams.....the only part of their game that was good was Tucker making both of his field goals.  Tennessee was more physical on both sides of the line.  The coaching staff panicked once they got behind.  The so called great secondary gave up a huge play at a critical time.  Earl Thomas likes to talk, he said the Ravens would be trouble for whoever they meet in the superbowl.  He said the Patriots didn't want to tackle Henry.  Then he looked like a little girl trying to tackle Henry up high.  Jackson did his part accounting for most of their offense, but he also turned the ball over three times.  Outside of Tucker, nobody on the Ravens looked good last Saturday night.  It was tough to watch.  It was hard to believe a team that steam rolled over so many others could be that bad.  

#2490 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

I think the Ravens just got beaten in every phase of the game.   Offense, defense, coaching, both front lines, special teams.....the only part of their game that was good was Tucker making both of his field goals.  Tennessee was more physical on both sides of the line.  The coaching staff panicked once they got behind.  The so called great secondary gave up a huge play at a critical time.  Earl Thomas likes to talk, he said the Ravens would be trouble for whoever they meet in the superbowl.  He said the Patriots didn't want to tackle Henry.  Then he looked like a little girl trying to tackle Henry up high.  Jackson did his part accounting for most of their offense, but he also turned the ball over three times.  Outside of Tucker, nobody on the Ravens looked good last Saturday night.  It was tough to watch.  It was hard to believe a team that steam rolled over so many others could be that bad.  

Just got whupped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=