Kyle Stowers

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#301 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 03:39 PM

I agree, Stowers IMO has been mismanaged, and I do not mean just by Hyde.  

We are carrying Anthony Bemboom on the roster and he will likely only play if either Adley or McCann leave a game early.  Our bench, consists of McKenna, Vavra, McCann and whatever infielder is not playing.  That is a weak bench and not using Stowers or keeping one of the left handed hitting first baseman that was in the spring, does not make a lot of sense

Yeah, O'Hearn or Frenchy should have stayed with club.  Why was Frenchy cut?  I mean what more did he need to do to show that he could be a productive bat?  Why was he even brought to Spring camp?  Mountcastle can't play 1st every day and I don't want him the lineup every day. 

#302 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2023 - 04:39 PM

Why was Frenchy cut?  I mean what more did he need to do to show that he could be a productive bat?

I guess he needed to go 3-for-5 in a series, with 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, plus a walk.....all while wearing a Yankees uniform.

#303 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 05:07 PM

Cordero sucks. He had a big spring and big series. I doubt he finishes the year on the NYY roster.

#304 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 05:35 PM

Cordero sucks. He had a big spring and big series. I doubt he finishes the year on the NYY roster.

Yeah his MLB stats so far have been bad but he doesn't suck, his minor league stats are very good and he's still 28.  Again, then why was he even in invited to O's camp?   

#305 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 05:54 PM

Yeah his MLB stats so far have been bad but he doesn't suck, his minor league stats are very good and he's still 28. Again, then why was he even in invited to O's camp?

He's a AAAA filler. Plenty of guys can mash it at AAA and fall short at the MLB level. Ryan McKenna mashes AAA pitching, too.

#306 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:35 PM

Ok I am done with Stowers at AAA. 

Call him up and freaking play him. See if he can handle everyday MLB level play. If not then move on. But give him a legit shot now. He can't hardly be worse than Santander so find out what he's got. 

1. If he seems just a depth piece maybe he has some trade value as a piece in a deal this summer.

2. If he's trash then you know and just move on.

3. Or maybe he actually helps the O's win.

I just don't see any downside, I mean Santander's OPS is down to .640

#307 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,970 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:26 AM

Recalled from AAA.

Since April 20 - .357/.474/.893 (1.367), 5 HR, 18.4% BB, 21.1% K, 220 wRC+

#308 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:34 AM

Give him the ABs you were giving Vavra. Not gonna be every day but 2ish times a week. OHearn doesnt serve much purpose either tbh. Couldve kept Joey and still brought up Stowers.

#309 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,096 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:42 AM

O'Hearn can take a hike yesterday.

Stowers needs everyday ABs or close to them.

If that comes at the expense of Santander, Frazier or McKenna so be it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#310 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:56 AM

Glad Stowers is back with the club.  Now just DFA Frazier and McKenna and let Ortiz and Stowers play and grow at the MLB level.  Seriously though. 

#311 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:57 AM

McKenna is a great platoon guy. I def would be playing him more than not vs lefties. Especially since IMO hes our best OF defender.

Against RHP Im fine with Stowers getting numerous looks. We have to keep in mind that Adley DHs a lot. The days he does means you have to have 2 of 3 of Stowers, Hays, Santander in the corner OF

#312 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:59 AM

McKenna is a great platoon guy. I def would be playing him more than not vs lefties. Especially since IMO hes our best OF defender.

Against RHP Im fine with Stowers getting numerous looks. We have to keep in mind that Adley DHs a lot. The days he does means you have to have 2 of 3 of Stowers, Hays, Santander in the corner OF

I would rather have Vavra up then McKenna. 

#313 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 10:00 AM

I would rather have Vavra up then McKenna.

Uh, no.

#314 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 10:06 AM

The K rate and swing and miss is real with Stowers. That isnt going away. The power is real too. Lets see what he does with opportunity.

#315 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 10:38 AM

Uh, no.

I just believe that Terrin offers the same as McKenna, just with better upside.  I think Terrin has the bat, 280-290, 10-15 hrs.  I just like Terrin's game and potential more than McKenna's.  But if Ryan can show more power and display above average D, then maybe he can change my mind.

#316 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 April 2023 - 10:50 AM

I like the profile of Vavra although it hasn't yet translated well to the bigs. That said, McKenna is an ideal backup outfielder in general with his good defense at any of the outfield positions and decent enough bat. Plus being right handed helps given he's the only capable Mullins' backup.

#317 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

I like the profile of Vavra although it hasn't yet translated well to the bigs. That said, McKenna is an ideal backup outfielder in general with his good defense at any of the outfield positions and decent enough bat. Plus being right handed helps given he's the only capable Mullins' backup.

Yeah McKenna and Vavra isn't really the comparison. As many have said since the signing, Vavra and Frazier are both LHH and play basically the same positions of 2B/some COF and have similar hitting profiles assuming the best (decent hit, not much power) so having both is kinda redundant.

#318 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 11:09 AM

In the lineup and hitting 4th today.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#319 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 April 2023 - 11:34 AM

O'Hearn can take a hike yesterday.

Stowers needs everyday ABs or close to them.

If that comes at the expense of Santander, Frazier or McKenna so be it.

Frazier never should have been signed, waste of 8 million and a roster spot

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#320 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,970 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2023 - 02:54 PM

I just believe that Terrin offers the same as McKenna, just with better upside. I think Terrin has the bat, 280-290, 10-15 hrs. I just like Terrin's game and potential more than McKenna's. But if Ryan can show more power and display above average D, then maybe he can change my mind.

Feel like he is more of a 5-8 HR guy but agree on the bat to ball skills. Ultimately a good utility player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=