#61 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:19 PM

I mean I'm one of those *almost* 40 year old men, but my 10 year old daughter completely squealed when Capt. Marvel saved the day, twice...and when Pepper got her own Iron Man suit. So I get it. Good lesson for them.

Yup. Totally see what you’re saying.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#62 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,381 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:30 PM

Yeah but that wasn't for you all almost 40 year old men. That was for the thousands of 8-18 year old girls out there watching.

True.

This almost 40 year old man didn't have any issue with it.

Also typing the first part of that statement is depressing AF.

#63 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

I’m 40 in 2 days...THATS depressing AF!

#64 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:47 PM

https://ew.com/movie...aptain-america/

#65 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

I’m 40 in 2 days...THATS depressing AF!

2 extra months for me, but right there with you. The really sad thing is I'm pretty sure I remember us doing this before we turned 30!!

@JeremyMStrain

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

https://ew.com/movie...aptain-america/

Interesting. If they had announced signing him to a new 3 movie deal or something that'd be fascinating. Solo movies showing him going back to those stops to return stones?

And what about the Soul Stone? you can't exactly take your receipt and return that one, and it's off planet, so how's that gonna work? He didn't take a spaceship back, nor could he fly one. Not to mention what happens when he finds out the Red Skull is there.

@JeremyMStrain

#67 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

I'd definitely go see a move about Captain America and Peggy Carter fighting crime in an alternate 1970's.

#68 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

And what about the Soul Stone? you can't exactly take your receipt and return that one, and it's off planet, so how's that gonna work? He didn't take a spaceship back, nor could he fly one. Not to mention what happens when he finds out the Red Skull is there.

Whatever it takes.

#69 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

https://twitter.com/...384734572466177

New Spiderman: Far From Home trailer. Looks like the MCU is now going to be a multiverse.

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

New Spiderman: Far From Home trailer. Looks like the MCU is now going to be a multiverse.

Which down the road will allow them to have appearances from Iron Man, Capt America (might anyway), and probably a gateway to the XMen eventually.

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

Holy crap that's going to be fantastic.

I mean there's always been a multiverse, but this is probably a good time to mention it. Lays the groundwork for why the Xmen, and F4 would just show up out of the blue.

Interested in this Mysterio twist. If they keep him an ally since he's from a different universe and that happens sometimes, or if something happens and he turns antagonist towards the end or whatever.

It just gives them a way to comic book things if they need to. I figured they already had it with the Quantum Realm, but it'll be interesting to see what this is setting up specifically.

@JeremyMStrain

#72 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:19 AM

Saw it Sunday night.  It was a good movie, too long for me.  The elevator scene where Cap dropped the Hail Hydra line was great, the reaction in the elevator was great ( o shit, Cap is part of Hydra)  Cap wielding the hammer was pretty damn cool.  The final battle was almost too much S going on for me, I'm glad that wasn't the whole movie.  

The Spiderman trailer looks cool, does that mean a live action Miles Morales at some point?

#73 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:44 AM

I finally watched this over the weekend.

I really enjoyed it, thought it was great.  Really hard to not drag over a 3 hour movie but I thought it was well paced, had the right amount of action, and the storylines resolved in a satisfying way.

• JeremyStrain and Dupin like this

#74 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

I finally watched it. For a movie with sooooo much going on and soooo much to wrap up, I felt they did a good job overall and it was probably one of the best Marvel movies. And Fat Thor was probably the best thing about the movie.

HOWEVER, I always have my bones to pick with Marvel and this movie had several.

1. ENOUGH with the CGI battlefield scenes in these movies. They are soooo repetitive and weightless.

2. I didn't see Captain Marvel but always felt that she was going to be some dues ex machina invented to defeat Thanos. I was pretty much right.

3. How are the kids who survived the Thanos snap still in high school 5 years later?

4. I liked how they used time travel in the movie to revisit moments in the previous movies, but I didn't like time travel used as another DEM to save the people who "died" in Infinity War.

5. They should have killed off more characters.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#75 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

I finally watched it. For a movie with sooooo much going on and soooo much to wrap up, I felt they did a good job overall and it was probably one of the best Marvel movies. And Fat Thor was probably the best thing about the movie.

HOWEVER, I always have my bones to pick with Marvel and this movie had several.

1. ENOUGH with the CGI battlefield scenes in these movies. They are soooo repetitive and weightless.

2. I didn't see Captain Marvel but always felt that she was going to be some dues ex machina invented to defeat Thanos. I was pretty much right.

3. How are the kids who survived the Thanos snap still in high school 5 years later?

4. I liked how they used time travel in the movie to revisit moments in the previous movies, but I didn't like time travel used as another DEM to save the people who "died" in Infinity War.

5. They should have killed off more characters.

They kind of HAD to for this one though, they built it up to be all hands on deck prevent the end of the world...again...you couldn't just have him assassinated in the background and everyone goes away after that.

Soooooorta. She's the one who takes over leading the Avengers after Cap has...multiple issues...like dying, turning bad etc. in the comics. So if anyone was going to show up and be close to his level it had to be her, to give them a real powerhouse to replace some of the outgoing people.

You have to watch the new Spiderman: Far From Home...that directly follows the end of Endgame and addresses the 5 year "blip" they call it, and how people are trying to cash in with Iron Man and Cap gone now.

Yeah...I get what you mean there...I mean we all knew that the whole half the universe was going to be undone, but some of the deaths should have been for real, and undoing that much of it was a little weak. Vision dying was pretty much the only one that doesn't get undone.

I mean your only real choices there are the original 7, and two of them did die. Who else do you kill off? Hawkeye everyone expected, so they teased it constantly. Hulk and Thor have to be close to immortal. Cap you could have/should have, but giving him his back in time happy ending wasn't a terrible send off either. Still out of the picture, but without the predictable sacrificial death.

@JeremyMStrain

#76 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:57 AM

Binge Mode's (one of the best Pod's on The Ringer) new season is on the MCU.   I was hoping they would cover Tolkien/LoTR next myself but I'll still be tuning in.  They provide a ton of content and present it in a fun and enjoyable manner that is worth checking out.

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

Binge Mode is great if you need a headache. Unlistenable.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#78 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:07 PM

Binge Mode is great if you need a headache. Unlistenable.

Woah woah woah, let's not say things that we can't take back.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,381 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:15 PM

I enjoyed the Game of Thrones one, but haven't listened since. I'll probably be a go for this one, though.

#80 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:19 PM

I enjoyed the Game of Thrones one, but haven't listened since. I'll probably be a go for this one, though.

I actually never listened to the GoT myself, but the Star Wars one was a lot of fun and then this Spring when I read the HP books and watched the movies I went back and listened to those as well which were great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=