I’d be down for a Secret War.

#42 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:19 AM

I get a kick out of how much people still love Spiderman even after all the movies and reboots about him over the past 20 years or so.

We had a pretty vocal theater, and as the characters started returning near the end you had some nice applause for each.  And then Spidey came slinging his way back in and the whole place erupted.  It was fun.

• Hooded Viper and BobPhelan like this

#43 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

Adam Warlock.

Watch, Gamora will fall in love with a back in shape Thor this time around.

Interested to see what they do with this. I know they had planned for Warlock to be what Capt. Marvel was in Endgame, but I don't know if having to push Guardians 3 did that and that's where they were going to introduce him more, or if that was supposed to happen in 2, but they changed that up.

Gamora, Thanos and the Soul Stone are the three things most tied to Adam Warlock. So maybe she finds Adam (they are best friends in the comics) and when the Guardians track her down she's with them. The conflict with Thor could happen there instead of on earth like it originally does. But Adam is usually the guardian of the Soul Stone. So maybe by then someone has created the Infinity Watch, which is a group that each person gets an infinity stone they are in charge of. Dr. Strange usually has the time stone, but Kang the conqueror is always after that one too. Kang would be another great storyline to launch into now, but generally Tony Stark is the one they need for that since Kang's tech is based on Tony's designs in the distant past.

Very curious how they are going to move with a clean slate for the first time in 10 years. We know we've got Spidey, Capt. Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man and Wasp, and Scarlet Witch right now. But most of them tend to stick to their own little area, so selling how they are all going to come together should be interesting, and who leads when Marvel is intent on patrolling the Universe altogether, and Panther stays in Wakanda and those are really your best options. I guess Falcon, but since he and Bucky are getting their own show I figured they won't be front and center in the movies.

@JeremyMStrain

#44 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:05 PM

They’re done with Infinity Stones (at least for a good long while) so if it is Adam Warlock I think he’ll just be an incredibly powerful villain. I’d like to see Nova show up at some point too.

I think Sam will show up in the next team-up as the new Captain America but his tv show with Bucky will flesh out how he’s come to grips with it. The Disney+ shows will mostly be about character development between the broad strokes of the movies for the most part.

WandaVision could get into her reality warping powers which we haven’t really seen, maybe potentially setting up the X-Men/House of M. Apparently it’s borrowing a lot from the standalone Vision comic that was critically lauded a few years ago.

Loki will follow whatever he does with the Tesseract in that alternate timeline.

Maybe we’ll finally have a reason to care about Clint in the Hawkeye show.

We know we’re getting Guardians 3, Spidey 2, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, Shang Chi, and The Eternals. I’m most excited about the prospects of finally getting Doctor Doom and the F4 right with Galactus as the big bad we lead up to in like 5 years.

#45 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

In those shows/movies I just don't want the characters who died (Vision/BW) to come back to life.  They should be prequels only or it just cheapens the impact of Endgame.

#46 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

They’re done with Infinity Stones (at least for a good long while) so if it is Adam Warlock I think he’ll just be an incredibly powerful villain. I’d like to see Nova show up at some point too.

I think Sam will show up in the next team-up as the new Captain America but his tv show with Bucky will flesh out how he’s come to grips with it. The Disney+ shows will mostly be about character development between the broad strokes of the movies for the most part.

WandaVision could get into her reality warping powers which we haven’t really seen, maybe potentially setting up the X-Men/House of M. Apparently it’s borrowing a lot from the standalone Vision comic that was critically lauded a few years ago.

Loki will follow whatever he does with the Tesseract in that alternate timeline.

Maybe we’ll finally have a reason to care about Clint in the Hawkeye show.

We know we’re getting Guardians 3, Spidey 2, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, Shang Chi, and The Eternals. I’m most excited about the prospects of finally getting Doctor Doom and the F4 right with Galactus as the big bad we lead up to in like 5 years.

I'd like to think that too, but I don't think they are ever going to be REALLY gone. Especially since we know one is the power behind The Eye of Agamoto, it will always be around if Strange is. And Warlock is only EVER attached to them, even if they just keep him in the cosmic side of things, that limits you to the Guardians, Capt. Marvel, maybe the Silver Surfer depending on how they do FF4 and Galactus.

I heard one of the Disney shows was all about showing what happens at key events in the last 10 years of movies if one event was changed. I'm guessing that's going to be the Loki show, unless they just have him playing with key events in history period, that could be kinda fun too, very Legends of Tomorrow-y. But that's another stone we will know is in play all the time. However they bring Vision back will be interesting too since it was the key to waking him up before. Maybe they bring him back without it. Maybe some timey-wimey thing ends up with him still having it. The way the aether (reality stone) worked and looked, and given Wanda's powers I was wondering if she didn't end up with that one, and that's how she brings Vision back. Those things are going to be around forever...and are probably how they end up beating Galactus in the end, cause can you imagine anyone having a chance against him or the eternals without them?

Maybe that's how we get the Black Widow movie. Adam Warlock controls the Soul Stone, and goes in and out of it a bunch, including bringing back people that have been sucked into it in new bodies. Or it could just be a straight prequel, that's been set up forever too.

I dunno...there's a lot out there right now. Secret Invasion/Skrull War. FF4 and Doctor Doom. The Cabal. Kang. Galactus. Any of them are really Avenger level material.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#47 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

In those shows/movies I just don't want the characters who died (Vision/BW) to come back to life.  They should be prequels only or it just cheapens the impact of Endgame.

I was thinking the same thing, as it's kind of the perfect send off for the original cast. But there are ways...easy ones given the stuff that's been introduced. Vision can come back as Vision 2.0 since Shuri was working on DL him anyway. Or Wanda and her powers could bring him back. She basically has powers just like the reality stone, and on that level of power. Hell she about ripped Thanos in half and took care of the Movie on her own anyway. But that show, depending on how they do it (if vision is brought back by the reality stone or her powers, and comes back as a person, and not so much an android, that would explain how they could have kids. Her kids dying is what makes her snap and wipes out the powers of all Mutants (House of M), which would be a really good way to introduce the XMen cause you would have whittled down the universe to start with, and could just bring a few at a time in out of the cold.

The beauty of these comics movies is that the storylines are already written for hundreds of ideas. They just need to adapt them for a movie.

@JeremyMStrain

#48 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing, as it's kind of the perfect send off for the original cast. But there are ways...easy ones given the stuff that's been introduced. Vision can come back as Vision 2.0 since Shuri was working on DL him anyway. Or Wanda and her powers could bring him back. She basically has powers just like the reality stone, and on that level of power. Hell she about ripped Thanos in half and took care of the Movie on her own anyway. But that show, depending on how they do it (if vision is brought back by the reality stone or her powers, and comes back as a person, and not so much an android, that would explain how they could have kids. Her kids dying is what makes her snap and wipes out the powers of all Mutants (House of M), which would be a really good way to introduce the XMen cause you would have whittled down the universe to start with, and could just bring a few at a time in out of the cold.

The beauty of these comics movies is that the storylines are already written for hundreds of ideas. They just need to adapt them for a movie.

Yeah I understand, it would just project that ultimately there are no consequences to the characters and therefore remove any of the drama.  I mean how suspenseful will it be going forward if someone dies, the crowd will just be like "eh they will bring he/she back".  If am Feige I don't allow this to happen.  

#49 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

Yeah I understand, it would just project that ultimately there are no consequences to the characters and therefore remove any of the drama.  I mean how suspenseful will it be going forward if someone dies, the crowd will just be like "eh they will bring he/she back".  If am Feige I don't allow this to happen.  

Yeah I know what you mean. On one level that's just the nature of this source material. I think they should leave IM, and BW gone. A prequel movie for how she partners up with Hawkeye would do her plenty of justice. Leave Cap alone too.

But Vision, we all know that's coming. Loki already happened. Gamora. Etc. For people that don't follow comics and just watch the movies, it's going to be REALLY hard to accept them just wiping something out in a few years cause they want to do something new. On the other hand when you are dealing with human actors and not drawn characters, you've gotta allow for actors getting older and phasing out too. So it'll be interesting to see how things happen.

@JeremyMStrain

#50 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

I heard one of the Disney shows was all about showing what happens at key events in the last 10 years of movies if one event was changed. I'm guessing that's going to be the Loki show, unless they just have him playing with key events in history period, that could be kinda fun too, very Legends of Tomorrow-y.

I know they’re doing a ‘What If’ series that is animated and I think with the actual actors doing the voices.

I wonder how long before they lay out what’s next a little more clearly.

#51 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

Just saw it. I liked it, but didn't live it. I felt it was too long, and I wasn't always super into the buildup, but I thought the part after they got the stones was pretty great.

#52 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:30 PM

So between this a comment or two about GOT, it seems that Rob doesn't like powerful women. 😁

#53 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:45 PM

So between this a comment or two about GOT, it seems that Rob doesn't like powerful women.

I think he doesn't like how it's sort of forced down your throat.  Don't want to speak for him, of course.

I thought it was a little cheesy how they had all the female heroes fighting together but, hey, good on them.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

I think he doesn't like how it's sort of forced down your throat. Don't want to speak for him, of course.

I thought it was a little cheesy how they had all the female heroes fighting together but, hey, good on them.

Haha, ok.

#55 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

So based on what I recall from the prior movie, I would have thought that Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America would be able to defeat Thanos without any stones.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

I think he doesn't like how it's sort of forced down your throat. Don't want to speak for him, of course.

Right...not issue with the general concept but the forcing down your throat is annoying...but that is the case with most of these social issue nowadays.

#57 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

So based on what I recall from the prior movie, I would have thought that Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America would be able to defeat Thanos without any stones.

I read an interesting (plausible) theory as to why they struggled so much as a trio in the final battle against Thanos.

Basically, it had been five full years that any of them had did any actual fighting. They were out of practice. Clearly, Thor was fat, Iron Man had a kid and was living the retired life, and Cap seems to have been more about helping people with their mental struggles than playing hero.

This, coupled with 2014 Thanos (who by all accounts was still traveling across the galaxy halving planets' populations himself at that point, while looking for the Stones) at peak physical condition, and that's why you see the struggle and an even playing field.

#58 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

I think he doesn't like how it's sort of forced down your throat.  Don't want to speak for him, of course.

Yeah but that wasn't for you all almost 40 year old men. That was for the thousands of 8-18 year old girls out there watching.

• mweb08 likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#59 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Yeah but that wasn't for you all almost 40 year old men. That was for the thousands of 8-18 year old girls out there watching.

Word.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#60 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

Word.

I mean I'm one of those *almost* 40 year old men, but my 10 year old daughter completely squealed when Capt. Marvel saved the day, twice...and when Pepper got her own Iron Man suit. So I get it. Good lesson for them.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=