#61 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

Burlington VT for a marathon and extended weekend with the Family this coming weekend.

Camping out in Western, MD in June

Emerald Isle (blah) with the inlaws in July

Got back from Camping the other day.  We were at Swallow Falls Park from Friday to Monday.  The weather was perfect while we were out there, sunny days and cool nights.  Beautiful scenery, quiet, even better was I couldn't get any kind of cell or internet signal while at the campground.  It was pretty freeing to be completely unplugged like that.

#62 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

TKO taco at pacific beach fish shop.  OB and PB.  The gaslamp is...not for me.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

@fuzydunlop

#63 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, ob is the most fun spot in San Diego. El Cajon is underrated.

#64 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Are you a beer nerd?  Ballast Point has a great brew pub in Little Italy, and Ballast Point has one in Point Loma.  Alpine and West Coast are worth a visit as well.  

But beer, beach and fish tacos.  I would live there immediately if they would get rid of the squids.  

@fuzydunlop

#65 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to hit up OB and at least a couple of the brew pubs.

I was thinking about heading over to El Cajon to tour the Taylor Guitar factory before I fly out while my buddy's at work, so might check that out a bit. Had someone recommend the views from Mt. Helix Park out there as well.

@BSLZackKiesel

#66 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

Are you a beer nerd? Ballast Point has a great brew pub in Little Italy, and Ballast Point has one in Point Loma. Alpine and West Coast are worth a visit as well.

But beer, beach and fish tacos. I would live there immediately if they would get rid of the squids.

Yeah they can't be good for your self-esteem.
  • McNulty likes this

#67 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:19 AM

HAHAHA good one. What I meant was, when I retire, I don’t want anything having to do with this life around. Tough to unplug as it is.

@fuzydunlop

#68 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Headed to San Diego for a long weekend in 2 weeks, I've never been to the west coast so I'm super excited. One of my buddies is out there for work all summer, so I'll be staying with him right in the middle of the Gaslamp Quarter, a couple blocks from Petco Park. We'll definitely be going to a Padres game and I know I want to hit up La Jolla, Coronado, and the Zoo.

Hit me with your recommendations, especially for restaurants. We'll have a car, so distance isn't a huge issue.

North Park is a hip neighborhood to walk around and get some food and drinks. Quite a few breweries and beer bars in that neighborhood so it's perhaps the best beer neighborhood in one of the best beer cities in the country.
  • BSLZackKiesel likes this

#69 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:46 PM

Just got back from a terrific week in the fingerlakes of NY.  If you love the outdoors - mountains, lakes, fishing, boating - tough to beat the Adirondacks in the summer.

• You Play to Win the Game, Mackus and DuffMan like this

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

Which lake? My parents are from a small town towards the northern end of Cayuga. I go up there multiple times a year.

#71 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:50 AM

Just wrapped up our Napa tour. Dear God I'm effing lit. What a great day.

Toss up between SF/Sausalito and Monterey tomorrow. Still undecided.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#72 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Chicago late August. Cubs are home and The Hold Steady are playing the same weekend.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#73 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Just wrapped up our Napa tour. Dear God I'm effing lit. What a great day.
Toss up between SF/Sausalito and Monterey tomorrow. Still undecided.

Did you find wine that you liked?

#74 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

Which lake? My parents are from a small town towards the northern end of Cayuga. I go up there multiple times a year.

I was a little off on my geography :)  We were at Schroon Lake which is near Lake George, which I always thought was one of the finger lakes.  But I appear to have been incorrect.  We were more on the east side of the state.  But the point remains - upstate NY + summer = awesome.

#75 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

Just got back from a terrific week in the fingerlakes of NY.  If you love the outdoors - mountains, lakes, fishing, boating - tough to beat the Adirondacks in the summer.

I was a little off on my geography :)  We were at Schroon Lake which is near Lake George, which I always thought was one of the finger lakes.  But I appear to have been incorrect.  We were more on the east side of the state.  But the point remains - upstate NY + summer = awesome.

I saw your post yesterday and meant to ask where, because the Fingerlakes and Adirondacks are two different areas, both beautiful though.  We were camping near Schroon Lake last summer.  It's a great area.  The drive up 87 is also enjoyable!

• glenn__davis likes this

#76 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

San Diego trip was great, thanks to those who gave recommendations. Did the Padres game Friday night which was cool. Hit up Ocean Beach on Saturday, did Hodad's and Phil's BBQ as well as the Belching Beaver brewery. Did La Jolla and Coronado on Sunday, also went to Ballast Point in Little Italy and Coasterra in Harbor Island. Went to the Zoo and Balboa Park on Monday, hit up The Taco Stand in Downtown that night. Then went out to Mt. Helix in La Mesa on Tuesday and toured the Taylor Guitar factory in El Cajon, also got In-N-Out for the first time.

Weather was good, pretty overcast Saturday and Sunday but temperatures were obviously great.

• glenn__davis and Chris B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#77 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:18 AM

South Dakota has a lot of natural beauty. The Badlands, Spearfish Canyon, and the Black Hills in general are beautiful. Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse were cool to see as well and there's some cute main streets in some of the towns.

#78 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

South Dakota has a lot of natural beauty. The Badlands, Spearfish Canyon, and the Black Hills in general are beautiful. Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse were cool to see as well and there's some cute main streets in some of the towns.

Did you check out North Dakota? Reminds me of that episode in The West Wing where Donna goes to a town hall in North Dakota looking for White House support to remove the word "North" from North Dakota.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

Did you check out North Dakota? Reminds me of that episode in The West Wing where Donna goes to a town hall in North Dakota looking for White House support to remove the word "North" from North Dakota.

Yeah, we went to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and stopped in Fargo and Bismark on the way. The park was nice as are all national parks, but it's towards the bottom of the NP rankings.

The Devil's Tower National Monument though in Eastern Wyoming is really cool.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#80 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

If you plan on being in OC during the WM Open:

https://www.nbcsport...nament-catch-23

0 user(s) are reading this topic