mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

San Diego is such a great place!

Btw, I went in the water the other day on a very scenic beach and the water temp was a lovely 70.4 degrees. So while the water temp in SoCal is not as good as the beach by us, it's not always too cold to go in.

#82 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

Bacalar, Mexico looks awesome. I've been to Yucatan several times, but have only ever done Mayan Riviera. Now I need to do Holbox, Merida, Campeche and Bacalar.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#83 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,782 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Just got back from 5 days in Kingston, Ontario.

I'm used to upstate NY, and was expecting it to be similarly nice.  But this exceeded my expectations, was far nicer and grander than the Finger Lakes region.  My wife's sister is married to a British Army officer.  They've been stationed all over, but have been back in England for the past 5 years.  He just took a new posting in Canada and will be there for 3 years, we drove up for the first time this past weekend.  

Their house backs right up to the St Lawrence River.  Amazing view from their home, full glass windowed back walls looking out over the water.

Dowtown Kingston itself is very cool.  Feels sort of like a combo of Annapolis and Georgetown.  We also did a morning in Gananoque which is a smaller, older feel.  Like Old EC with a bit less charm.  There was a massive cigarette boat race going on the weekend we were there so we saw tons of huge speedboats going at ridiculous speeds.

My dog loved it, he jumped in the river basically all day long as much as we'd let him and my son did fantastic on his first long car trip.  What should've been about 7 1/2 hours to drive took us about 10 with all the extra stops for feeding and changing, but not too bad overall.  I'm sure we will be back up in the area at least 2X a year.  Would like to venture a bit further and check out Montreal sometime soon.  Maybe Toronto another time.

• BSLChrisStoner and NewMarketSean like this

#84 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:32 PM

The drive to and from Montreal isnt bad if you can break it up with an overnight. I wouldn't do that drive all the way through with a young child.

We thought we'd be in Rochester for Thanksgiving so I was hoping to get back to Niagara-on-the-Lake for some wineries but it got moved to Elmira. It's still OK, I guess, but the Finger Lake wines aren't on the level as NOTL.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#85 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

Kelly and I recently had a great time in the best state!

We had two fantastic beach days including a very cool short slot canyon hike near Solana Beach.

I saw the Orioles pull out a win in Anaheim and get destroyed in San Diego. I also enjoyed a game at lovely Dodger stadium.

There was also lots of great beer to be had as well as some wine in the Temecula valley.

Joshua Tree and the Palm Springs Aerial Tram were a couple highlights in the desert.

We had a great time at my favorite zoo.

Lots of great food too with tacos leading the way.

#86 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Greece was amazing. Went to Crete (Kissamos, Chania, Rethimno & Heraklion), Naxos and Santorini. Just beautiful scenery, kind people, great food, and cheap prices. Our best trip, ever.

Up next on our slate is looking like Cartagena, Columbia in the winter/spring 2020 and then Belgium (Brussels, Ghent and Bruges) over Thanksgiving week.

#87 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

I want to go to Belgium and go to all the breweries/monasteries over there.  Best beer country!

#88 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

We were scheduled for a European cruise in two weeks, but that's not happening thanks to the travel agent and some fraud issues with the payments. Ughhh

#89 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

We were scheduled for a European cruise in two weeks, but that's not happening thanks to the travel agent and some fraud issues with the payments. Ughhh

That sucks, Ken.

#90 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

I want to go to Belgium and go to all the breweries/monasteries over there.  Best beer country!

I'll gain 10 pounds there, at least.

#91 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

Anyone ever been to Mexico City?

I'd like to get there over a long weekend within the next year or two for the food alone.

#92 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

Headed to one of my favorite places in the country this weekend, for a short 3-4 days in Saranac Lake in New York with the wife and our dog.   Kiddos are staying home for this one.

#93 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

Seattle next weekend for Ravens Hawks

Also gonna hit up Husky Stadium for Oregon at Washington

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#94 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:08 AM

Headed to one of my favorite places in the country this weekend, for a short 3-4 days in Saranac Lake in New York with the wife and our dog.   Kiddos are staying home for this one.

Bump

The Adirondacks are just so damn beautiful!  This was our third trip to the area in the past 3 years and it's still so amazing.  We really hit the jackpot with the scenery as it was peak foliage in the area we were staying, the colors were popping and the views were picturesque.  Hit up several brew pubs in the area, as well as got in a solid hike made it to the summit of Wright's Peak.  Just an amazing area for anyone that even likes the outdoors a bit I can't recommend this area enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=