#41 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

Burlington VT for a marathon and extended weekend with the Family this coming weekend.

Camping out in Western, MD in June

Emerald Isle (blah) with the inlaws in July

Burlington was Beautiful!  Just amazing how clean the "city" was.  I wish more places could be like that as I hate litter.

We've been to upstate NY on the other side of Lake Champlain so it was nice to check out a bit of VT.

A lot of great food, I was expecting better as far as their coffee goes, and the beer was Fantastic!

• mweb08 likes this

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:47 AM

Everyone needs to get to Curacao. Now.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

You buy I’ll fly

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#44 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:38 AM

Elaborate.

#45 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

Elaborate.

Amazing, crystal clear, blue water. Among the best in the Caribbean. Great snorkeling at any of the beaches. Cliff jumping, if you're into that kinda thing. Prices for necessities aren't bad. Good infrastructure: roads, grocery stores, minimarts, etc. Good food -- both local Caribbean and Dutch influences. They actually sell bags of ice! So you can keep your beer cold! Willemstad is the main city and it's beautiful: Dutch Colonial architecture painted pastel beach colors, good restaurants & bars, friendly people. Amazing weather year round, no Sargassum seaweed ever. I could go on and on.

I've been on plenty of trips and usually by the end I am ready to come home and stop living out of a suitcase. But I was as close to depressed as you can be when our week ended.

• mweb08 likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#46 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

Only Aruba is better to me, and it’s barely. Great island. I still need to go to Cayman though.

@fuzydunlop

#47 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Only Aruba is better to me, and it’s barely. Great island. I still need to go to Cayman though.

Haven't been to Aruba, I'd like to, but it seems more touristy to me than Curacao.

#48 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

Haven't been to Aruba, I'd like to, but it seems more touristy to me than Curacao.

Definitely it is, but there's a balance between touristy and enough services available.

I'll grant you I haven't been to either island in a long time.

Taking a boat over to Spanish Wells this weekend. The outer islands in Bahamas are tough to beat.

@fuzydunlop

#49 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

Definitely it is, but there's a balance between touristy and enough services available.

I'll grant you I haven't been to either island in a long time.

Taking a boat over to Spanish Wells this weekend. The outer islands in Bahamas are tough to beat.

I should have said Aruba seems more American touristy. Curacao is plenty touristy with the Dutch.

This trip has also given me the itch to move somewhere where people take their vacations. Curacao is as close to paradise as I've been.

Life is too short.

#50 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

Planning on vacationing to the Dominion Republic? You might want to re-think that for this year. Another American has died this year in the DR. The latest was a 53 year old woman who died from a heart attack. Allegedly.

Cox is the seventh known tourist to have died from a mysterious illness at a Dominican Republic resort in recent weeks.

https://nypost.com/2...nes-are-broken/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#51 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

I read an article that suggests chemicals used to fumigate the rooms is a leading cause for these deaths.

That doesn't account for the "bleach in the ginger ale bottle" or someone dying an hour after they have a scotch from the minibar.

But it would explain why so many of these deaths happen very quickly after they arrive at the resort, and their rooms.

And the American couple who died on their way to the airport a few months ago is very fishy too.

#52 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

We're making our first trip to Europe this December. We have a seven-night cruise on MSC hitting Valetta, Palermo, Marseilles, Genoa, and Barcelona. We stay three nights in Rome prior to embarkation, and we have three nights in Milan after the cruise. In Milan, we hope to ride the scenic train into Switzerland and back.

Really looking forward to it.

• BSLChrisStoner and Nigel Tufnel like this

#53 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:23 PM

That sounds fantastic .

#54 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:55 AM

In Milan, make sure you get tickets to see The Last Supper. I think you have to book way in advance.

#55 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:02 AM

We're making our first trip to Europe this December. We have a seven-night cruise on MSC hitting Valetta, Palermo, Marseilles, Genoa, and Barcelona. We stay three nights in Rome prior to embarkation, and we have three nights in Milan after the cruise. In Milan, we hope to ride the scenic train into Switzerland and back.

Really looking forward to it.

I’m not a cruise guy but that sounds solid. Enjoy it!

#56 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

In Milan, make sure you get tickets to see The Last Supper. I think you have to book way in advance.

Yeah, that's like something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. It'll be totally surreal. So will the Sistine Chapel. The chills may never cease.

#57 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

Yeah, that's like something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. It'll be totally surreal. So will the Sistine Chapel. The chills may never cease.

Sistine Chapel is amazing but you'll be packed in there like sardines and guards will be shushing you the entire time.

#58 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Crete, Naxos, Santorini, and then Crete again for this Greece trip. Lots of beach time, visiting small towns, exploring country side and wineries. Definitely going to be hectic, but also very relaxing. Can't wait.

#59 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Headed to San Diego for a long weekend in 2 weeks, I've never been to the west coast so I'm super excited. One of my buddies is out there for work all summer, so I'll be staying with him right in the middle of the Gaslamp Quarter, a couple blocks from Petco Park. We'll definitely be going to a Padres game and I know I want to hit up La Jolla, Coronado, and the Zoo.

Hit me with your recommendations, especially for restaurants. We'll have a car, so distance isn't a huge issue.

@BSLZackKiesel

#60 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Headed to San Diego for a long weekend in 2 weeks, I've never been to the west coast so I'm super excited. One of my buddies is out there for work all summer, so I'll be staying with him right in the middle of the Gaslamp Quarter, a couple blocks from Petco Park. We'll definitely be going to a Padres game and I know I want to hit up La Jolla, Coronado, and the Zoo.

Hit me with your recommendations, especially for restaurants. We'll have a car, so distance isn't a huge issue.

Pizza Port

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=