Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Gilmans website is reporting that they won 63-61

It’s wrong. They definitely lost.

#302 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

MSJ loses by 11 at home to Goretti. MSJ is a weird team.

#303 BMORE79

BMORE79
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

MSJ loses by 11 at home to Goretti. MSJ is a weird team.

The MIAA is way down this year.MSJ, SF, and BL at the top and they are down as well, but beating the rest of the teams in the league by 20-30 points. Worst that I can recall this league in many years.

#304 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

The MIAA is way down this year.MSJ, SF, and BL at the top and they are down as well, but beating the rest of the teams in the league by 20-30 points. Worst that I can recall this league in many years.

I know that MSJ is down, but I don’t think SFA is down. Not talent wise. SFA’s issue is what it always is, they have horrible coaching.

#305 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

I think this year’s Class is really strong. But I would say three standout above the rest.

1. Christian Winborne-Gilman
2. Antonio Hamlin-MSJ
3. Carlos Alexander- SFA

I would say that Hamlin is the most physically ready, looks like a senior already. Alexander has the swagger, tricks with the ball. Needs a lot of work on his jumper. Winborne, I believe will be the whole package when it’s all said and done and a 5 Star recruit. He has no fear, really high basketball IQ. Not sure how bad his injury is, hopefully he will be back soon.

No surprises here.

#306 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Do you get out and see these teams? I haven’t seen MSJ so I won’t comment on the Gaels. SFA is as good as ever. They’ve beaten some talented HS teams in the country so far this season. Whitney Young (Chicago), Abington (Philly), Memphis East (TN), St. Benedict’s (NJ), Wilson (DC) and Goretti (BCL) have fallen to the Panthers.

Cliff Rees Boys has been slowly building a program at formerly B-conference Boys Latin.
The Lakers remind me of Centennial’s state championship team from a few years back with one exception. They have a legitimate D-1 player in Cameron Spencer. The Loyola commit takes on SFA & MSJ next Monday and Wednesday. That’ll show if they’re legitimate or down as you say.

You’re correct about the rest of the league.

#307 BMORE79

BMORE79
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Do you get out and see these teams? I haven’t seen MSJ so I won’t comment on the Gaels. SFA is as good as ever. They’ve beaten some talented HS teams in the country so far this season. Whitney Young (Chicago), Abington (Philly), Memphis East (TN), St. Benedict’s (NJ), Wilson (DC) and Goretti (BCL) have fallen to the Panthers.

Cliff Rees Boys has been slowly building a program at formerly B-conference Boys Latin.
The Lakers remind me of Centennial’s state championship team from a few years back with one exception. They have a legitimate D-1 player in Cameron Spencer. The Loyola commit takes on SFA & MSJ next Monday and Wednesday. That’ll show if they’re legitimate or down as you say.

You’re correct about the rest of the league.

I have seen about 10 games this year, including St, Joe, St, Francis, and BL. I am not suggesting these three teams are not legit, but they are not as strong as last year. St Joe returned one starter and won at St Francis by 11. Could be a different outcome next time, but both were stronger last year. Agree that BL has done remarkably well and will compete for the championship, but they also are down a D1 player from last year in Jaylin Andrews. And to add to the misery, these three teams are routinely beating the rest of the league by 20 points. This league, and in my opinion, the entire Baltimore Metro area is down. 

#308 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Patterson is up, Poly is same, Edmondson is up, Gilman is up, Dulaney is up, New Town is up. SFA lost to Gonzaga by 30 last year.

#309 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:24 AM

Patterson is up, Poly is same, Edmondson is up, Gilman is up, Dulaney is up, New Town is up. SFA lost to Gonzaga by 30 last year.

Heard Gilman lost to the worst team in the league, Mt. Carmel. I don’t care if their second and third best player isn’t playing, the coach needs to go. Strictly on his rotation of players. He needs to go. Kids will leave the program. Heard that Josh Green didn’t leave the school, didn’t want to give up his eligibility and running JV indoor track. He has to go.

#310 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Wow it has been cemented y’all some 💩 GA no way in hell yall should ever lose to Mt Carmel

#311 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Patterson 67 Poly 64 in OT

#312 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Poly coaching was terrible last night but hats off to the Clippers cause they never gave up

#313 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

Heard Gilman lost to the worst team in the league, Mt. Carmel. I don’t care if their second and third best player isn’t playing, the coach needs to go. Strictly on his rotation of players. He needs to go. Kids will leave the program. Heard that Josh Green didn’t leave the school, didn’t want to give up his eligibility and running JV indoor track. He has to go.

Told ya so!

#314 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:37 AM

Told ya so!

I mean, it helps that their second and third best players aren’t playing. Either way, should never lose to Mt. Carmel. A game I was told they were leading the whole game, but this coach thinks that means to empty his bench and put in kids who should never see the court, only because they’re seniors. He’s a good X and O’s guy, but the worst in game manager I’ve ever seen. Look at what BL did to MSJ tonight, went there and handled them. With only 4 players scoring. You play the best players.

#315 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

BL with a nice win 69-61 over MSJ last night, Spencer, Loyola commit, had almost 30. Most likely MSJ and SFA will both head to the Alhambra this year and Baltimore's drought will continue there, both teams are looking a little down or at least inconsistent. 

Bishop Walsh played Oak Hill tough this past weekend, led by 8 at the half, and then Cole Anthony took over and Oak Hill won 65-59. If you all want to see some really good matchups come up to Cumberland February 1 and 2 at Bishop Walsh for their invitational. #1 LaLumiere will play #8 Wasatch Academy and #15 Sunrise Christian will take on BW. 

#316 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

I mean, it helps that their second and third best players aren’t playing. Either way, should never lose to Mt. Carmel. A game I was told they were leading the whole game, but this coach thinks that means to empty his bench and put in kids who should never see the court, only because they’re seniors. He’s a good X and O’s guy, but the worst in game manager I’ve ever seen. Look at what BL did to MSJ tonight, went there and handled them. With only 4 players scoring. You play the best players.

Calvert Hall only has one player that could start at Gilman and they swept MC, winning by 7 in the 1st meeting & 21 in the second. You better hope CHC doesn’t open a can on Gilman on February 13th. It would cement Gilman’s also-ran status for 2018-19. Lol!

#317 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

Morgan Park (Chicago) 88 Patterson 77 in OT. Gerard Mungo scored 30

#318 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

SFA 70 Simeon 65 (Chicago). Ace Baldwin scored 25

#319 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Up in the Village, Edmondson-Westside 31 Poly 26 at the half.

#320 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

At the end of the 3Q, ED-W 38 Poly 35. Sr F #4 is the best player on the court for the Red Storm. Rahim Ali and Brandon Murray are dominating for Poly. Poly Jr F Justin Lewis is out on a 3-game suspension.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=