453 replies to this topic

#281 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Good showings by Baltimore-area schools in holiday tournaments this past weekend. MSJ beat Walsingham Academy (VA) and Archbishop Ryan (PA) before falling to the Miller School (VA) by 3 in the Benedictiine Capital City Classic down in Richmond.

SFA also represented the area well at the Chick Fil-A Classic in Columbia, SC. SFA beat St. Benedict’s (NJ) and Memphis East (TN) with top 5 national recruit, James Wiseman. However, the Panthers also lost in the finals by 9 to Bella Vista (AZ).

The Loyola Dons made it to the finals of the St. Pius X Christmas Classic in Atlanta, Georgia but lost in OT to the host school by 4 pts.

Locally, at the Governor’s Challenge, Edmondson-Westside won their bracket beating Georgetown Day (DC) and Wagner (NY). Archbishop Curley followed suit and beat Linganore and Friendship Collegiate (DC) for their bracket championship.

Area teams also had decent to poor showings in holiday tournaments. Patterson split their games on the Eastern Shore destroying Oakdale and losing to Sidwell Friends (DC) without an injured Jalen Willis. New Town lost to Walt Whitman but beat North Caroline and Dunbar beat Crisfield but fell to St. Charles. Dulaney beat St. George’s (DE) but lost to Neumann-Goretti.

Oakdale went 0-2 also losing to St. Elizabeth’s (DE) and Milford Mill rounded out the poor showing with losses to St. Mary-Ryken and Potomac (VA).

#282 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Dulaney tbe most overrated team in the area imo

Dulaney gets a lot of hype on the BMorehoops site because of their close affiliation with Team Melo....They haven’t won anything yet...on paper this should be their year to win the state title
Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#283 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

Dulaney hasn't won a big game yet. The most hyped team I've ever seen with nothing to show for it

#284 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Dulaney hasn't won a big game yet. The most hyped team I've ever seen with nothing to show for it

🗣Hell Yea with might be the most hyped kid in BMore history in Evans

#285 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

I won’t go that far. They have some ballers and good coaching
Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#286 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

They definitely have good players, but can’t agree with the coaching part. They run the wrong offense for their personal.

#287 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

You guys can’t go that far but I can cause I don’t hold no cards I call a spade a spade

#288 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

Gilman 73 John Carroll 68

#289 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Gilman 73 John Carroll 68

From what I’m told, Gilman didn’t have Winbourne or Foster. They play McD next week, can’t win without these two.

#290 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Patterson 93 Calvert Hall 67

#291 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

GA, how would you rank the area's highly touted freshmen?

#292 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

GA, how would you rank the area's highly touted freshmen?

I think this year’s Class is really strong. But I would say three standout above the rest.

1. Christian Winborne-Gilman
2. Antonio Hamlin-MSJ
3. Carlos Alexander- SFA

I would say that Hamlin is the most physically ready, looks like a senior already. Alexander has the swagger, tricks with the ball. Needs a lot of work on his jumper. Winborne, I believe will be the whole package when it’s all said and done and a 5 Star recruit. He has no fear, really high basketball IQ. Not sure how bad his injury is, hopefully he will be back soon.

#293 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

SFA 77 Wilson (DC) 51

#294 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

SFA 77 Wilson (DC) 51

Wow, this is a shocker! Wilson is one of the best teams in DC area.

#295 BMORE79

BMORE79
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

I think this year’s Class is really strong. But I would say three standout above the rest.

1. Christian Winborne-Gilman
2. Antonio Hamlin-MSJ
3. Carlos Alexander- SFA

I would say that Hamlin is the most physically ready, looks like a senior already. Alexander has the swagger, tricks with the ball. Needs a lot of work on his jumper. Winborne, I believe will be the whole package when it’s all said and done and a 5 Star recruit. He has no fear, really high basketball IQ. Not sure how bad his injury is, hopefully he will be back soon.

Laying 5-star expectation on any freshman will be extremely hard to live up to - there are just not that many 5 stars and a lot can change in 4 years..

#296 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Laying 5-star expectation on any freshman will be extremely hard to live up to - there are just not that many 5 stars and a lot can change in 4 years..

I agree, all depends on a lot of things. He’s a top 20 recruit right now, a lot can change.

#297 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

Gilman 69 Spalding 52

#298 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Patterson 90 Dunbar 58

#299 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Gilman loses 63-61 to McDonogh. No Jordan Foster or Christian Winborne for Gilman. Should have won this game, some more absolutely horrible rotation decisions for Gilman. The kid Rayuan Lane was one of their best players in the Governer’s Challenge, barely plays. Coach decides he wants to play two under mediocre seniors. Every time Gilman gets a little lead, he takes starters out and plays these seniors! Jalen Rucker has 28, but had no help. He’s a one man band without Winborne and Foster.

#300 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

Gilmans website is reporting that they won 63-61

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=