JV

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:39 AM

I think City has a kid playing at MD. I dont know of any kids from Mervo.

SF and other private schools arent the only way to college ball...but the odds are greater.

#182 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:45 AM

What is he word at CHC with the QB situation are they sticking by #2 kid the #3 kid looked good (better against MSJ then the #2 IMO)

The SO CHC QB completed 4 passes for 77 yds including TDs of 19 & 30 yds against Gilman. With three more than capable RBs filling in for the injured Sean Tucker, CHC should be able to be competitive and even beat Spalding and win out against McDonogh, Royal Imperial, Avalon & Loyola.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AZnM4

#183 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:46 AM

I think City has a kid playing at MD. I dont know of any kids from Mervo.

SF and other private schools arent the only way to college ball...but the odds are greater.

Now that's rich

#184 Beesemode

Beesemode
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

You know of a mervo kid getting playing time in college? Somebody may be...I was answering the question.

#185 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:46 AM

I haven't seen any kids from City on MDs roster

#186 Hambonepack

Hambonepack
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

This thread has been very entertaining.

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#187 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

Beasemode. Real Question. Do you think SFA would agree to MIAA recruitment rules and guidelines if they could play MIAA schedule next year. Or are those rules to restrictive towards the goal of winning a national title.

2nd Question. Why did Gilman force Poggi out and stop allowing academic exceptions. Racism? Or just returning to Gilman academic standards?

#188 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

Beasemode. Real Question. Do you think SFA would agree to MIAA recruitment rules and guidelines if they could play MIAA schedule next year. Or are those rules to restrictive towards the goal of winning a national title.
2nd Question. Why did Gilman force Poggi out and stop allowing academic exceptions. Racism? Or just returning to Gilman academic standards?

Gilman never allowed academic exemptions. Has never been a policy at the school. The reason why Gilman has fallen off with football, has nothing to do with returning to Gilman’s academic standards! In fact, Gilman’s academic reputation has fallen just a little since Poggi left.

#189 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

City has two playing FCS as a freshman and several others that are playing D2, crazy it’s an insult when a school have at least ten kids earn football scholarship money lol. But at the same time how can you guys argue over sfa for 3 straight years my goodness, it is what it is, move on. Y’all are bringing the board down.

#190 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:49 AM

We are keeping the board alive actually if it weren’t for some of these controversial topics this board would be dead

#191 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

Gilman never allowed academic exemptions. Has never been a policy at the school. The reason why Gilman has fallen off with football, has nothing to do with returning to Gilman’s academic standards! In fact, Gilman’s academic reputation has fallen just a little since Poggi left.

You and I both know that Biff got kids in the school that didn’t qualify academically. I can think of 4 kids I know personally that were all asked to leave the school within a year or 2 for academic reasons. So why did Gilman push Biff out? Rhetorical. We all know why. Now multiply those activities by 10 and that’s what is happening at SFA. It took Biff 25 years to build Gilman to a Top 15 team nationally but miraculously he’s top 10 at SFA within 1 year. It’s all good but let’s not act like he wasn’t breaking MIAA rules. We’ve all seen the text messages from SFA coaches to current players at other MIAA schools telling them that if they come to SFA you don’t have to pay for college visits, etc.

#192 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

What are the names of the City players playing on the college level? I'm just familiar with Malik Hamm

#193 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

You mean the one topic lol. If it can stay in one post fine, but to some how make it’s way on every post is annoying, for 3 years now.

We are keeping the board alive actually if it weren’t for some of these controversial topics this board would be dead

#194 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:46 AM

Brockington wr Lincoln
Shanks dB at blue field
Godfrey dB at mcDaniel
Moore dL at widener
Harris Lb at Wagner I think redshirt

And like 6 others that are redshirt at D2 or naia from the class of 2018

What are the names of the City players playing on the college level? I'm just familiar with Malik Hamm

#195 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:18 PM

Again...your comprehension is low. Did I say only celebrate SF kids? Do kids from other states not deserve celebration?

The cowardly forfeiters tried to screw the kids at Sf (that you dont give a crap about)...or they would have forfeited months prior.

Each side had their legit arguments about this situation.  However my only issue is the timing of the forfeits.  I have to pretty much agree with that gripe.

#196 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

This thread has been very entertaining.

Hambonepack...you AIN'T LYING!!!  :lol: :D :lol: :D

#197 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

You and I both know that Biff got kids in the school that didn’t qualify academically. I can think of 4 kids I know personally that were all asked to leave the school within a year or 2 for academic reasons. So why did Gilman push Biff out? Rhetorical. We all know why. Now multiply those activities by 10 and that’s what is happening at SFA. It took Biff 25 years to build Gilman to a Top 15 team nationally but miraculously he’s top 10 at SFA within 1 year. It’s all good but let’s not act like he wasn’t breaking MIAA rules. We’ve all seen the text messages from SFA coaches to current players at other MIAA schools telling them that if they come to SFA you don’t have to pay for college visits, etc.

Plenty of kids are asked to leave Gilman, that weren’t football players. Now, no kid is asked to leave after one year. Didn’t happen with football players, ever. Not for academics. School gives you at least two years to become acclimated to the school. Gilman hasn’t changed anything since Biff has left. Biff’s riff with Gilman wasn’t because of the academic part of recruiting.

SFA is a non factor to me right now. They’re out oft the league. I root for the kids over there I had a connection with, which isn’t many anymore. I more care about what’s going to happen to the school after Biff leaves. And I believe he will leave, in the near future.

#198 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

Each side had their legit arguments about this situation. However my only issue is the timing of the forfeits. I have to pretty much agree with that gripe.

This was my #2 issue. The timing was malicious and vindictive.

#199 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

This was my #2 issue. The timing was malicious and vindictive.

I agree. The timing of the whole thing was very weak.
  • Mackus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=