Photo

2018 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
1395 replies to this topic

#61 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:37 AM

ShoNuff, I defer to you on all things Howard County football. I chose Glenelg simply because they are the home team. I do think it will be close. You agree? Side note. Did you highlight your picks on a cellphone or computer?

Darn IT Guru! You made me have second thoughts after some simple research. :cool: :cool: According to MaxPreps (hate depending on them!) it appears that since 2004 Howard (0-6) has not won AT Glenelg. As much as I pull for Howard, I may have to switch my pick to Glenelg. But this could be a HUGE win for Coach Hannon if they win...because Coach Strunk never won (according to Max Preps) at Glenelg. I have a few days to sit and think on this. But yes, this will be a pretty close game.

OLine - you think the players and staff are aware of this ?

Oh yeah, I use my computer to view and respond on this forum.

#62 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Friday, September 7th
Potomac @ Dunbar***
Poly @ Middletown***
City College*** @ Thomas Johnson
Annapolis @ Old Mill***
Meade @ Arundel***
Howard @ Glenelg***
MSJ*** @ Good Counsel
Gilman @ Georgetown Prep***
Christ the King (NY) @ SFA***
Wise @ CHC***
DeMatha*** @ Franklin
Saturday, September 8th
Mervo*** @ William Penn (DE)
***My predicted winner
Thought of the Week
Gilman is terrible! The Greyhounds have been outscored 82-7 so far against the WCAC’s Gonzaga Eagles & St. Mary-Ryken Knights. I think the former Evil Empire will fall to 0-3 this weekend to the Georgetown Prep Little Hoyas. Say it ain’t so, GreyhoundAlum!

I’m out of the country right now, so limited access to Internet. Haven’t seen any of their games, not sure if they were broadcast or not. But I was told, they only have 37 kids on the roster. That a bunch of their returning players quit, players that they were counting on. Kids who are stars in other sports, like lacrosse and basketball. Like the Rayuan Lane kid, who was a youth league superstar in both Football and basketball. And their lacrosse studs, Jack Witherspoon and Billy Spillman. Both were big parts of the team last year. No longer playing. They would have made a huge difference. Starting 6 ninth graders. Will be a long season. They might not win a game.

I will give the coach a pass for this season, let’s see how he recruits and coaches next year, after having a full year in the program. Gilman might be turning into more of a basketball school. Because they’re bringing in kids by the boatload in that sport.
  • Stallion77 likes this

#63 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I’m out of the country right now, so limited access to Internet. Haven’t seen any of their games, not sure if they were broadcast or not. But I was told, they only have 37 kids on the roster. That a bunch of their returning players quit, players that they were counting on. Kids who are stars in other sports, like lacrosse and basketball. Like the Rayuan Lane kid, who was a youth league superstar in both Football and basketball. And their lacrosse studs, Jack Witherspoon and Billy Spillman. Both were big parts of the team last year. No longer playing. They would have made a huge difference. Starting 6 ninth graders. Will be a long season. They might not win a game.

I will give the coach a pass for this season, let’s see how he recruits and coaches next year, after having a full year in the program. Gilman might be turning into more of a basketball school. Because they’re bringing in kids by the boatload in that sport.

What are you talking about? Spanky & Franks are still there! Lol! Btw, don’t crown Gilman hoops yet. You said the same thing about Everett Winchester and that crew years ago. Some of that group moved onto the next level but never dominated the MIAA. You have Rucker (2019), Missouri (2021) and 2-3 more Super80 Showcase kids coming in the class of 2022 but nothing is guaranteed. So stop talking basketball in September and take your lumps during this football season!

#64 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Gooch Dunbar may go undefeated this year and the MSJ Soph QB and WR will put up a lot of points.

#65 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

Lmao guru right
  • TheGuru likes this

#66 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

What are you talking about? Spanky & Franks are still there! Lol! Btw, don’t crown Gilman hoops yet. You said the same thing about Everett Winchester and that crew years ago. Some of that group moved onto the next level but never dominated the MIAA. You have Rucker (2019), Missouri (2021) and 2-3 more Super80 Showcase kids coming in the class of 2022 but nothing is guaranteed. So stop talking basketball in September and take your lumps during this football season!

You didn’t mention the best player on the team, Chase Drew! And their other ninth grade players from last year, that might be better than Missouri. I think Gilman will be a Top 4 team in the MIAA, Top 10 team in the area this year.

All they have is Franks, Spanky and Khari Jones. They have a good DL also from what I’m told, and that’s it. They’re depleted as it gets.

#67 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:27 PM

Somebody get GA some tissue he crying already
  • bob12345 likes this

#68 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

I’m not saying y’all are wrong I’m just not big on rankings.

#69 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

What happened to the guys the coach was supposed to bring with him

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

Balt Sun: Football: Westminster sets tone on ground, gashes Urbana

Balt Sun: Football: Barnes, Winters Mill run past Joppatowne

#71 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

No way is Gilman top 4 in MIAA. I’ve watched all teams and Gilman is not even close to Others. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose by running clock to all. Here’s my prediction

1st MCD
2nd MSJ
3rd Spalding
4th CHC
5th Gilman

#72 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:56 PM

Somebody get GA some tissue he crying already

No, I don’t even care. I come to Bmore once a year now, I could care less.

#73 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

No way is Gilman top 4 in MIAA. I’ve watched all teams and Gilman is not even close to Others. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose by running clock to all. Here’s my prediction
1st MCD
2nd MSJ
3rd Spalding
4th CHC
5th Gilman

Dude, we were talking basketball! McDonogh in Football is not even number 1 in the league, stop it! It will be Spalding, then MSJ. McD has slightly more players than Gilman on their roster.

#74 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:00 PM

I feel like this is getting dangerously close to Pedro’s Pickz.... :-)

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#75 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#76 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

My bad Greyhound. Thought u were talking football. McDonogh has more D1 committed or offered kids then any other team in MIAA. MSJ is next and got a lot of young talent with offers. I don’t see Spalding LBs & secondary keeping up with MSJ speed. We’ll see what happens but I think CHC is down and Gilman way down for sure.

#77 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

I’m not saying y’all are wrong I’m just not big on rankings.

I hear you and don’t disagree need to let the season play out. There is always a sleeper out there

#78 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hey everyone knows I like MSJ for my reasons. From what I have seen McD is the team to beat. They have the WR, RB and a strong line again. Now the QB is solid. I guess just depends on the new coach
  • TheGuru likes this

#79 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

My bad Greyhound. Thought u were talking football. McDonogh has more D1 committed or offered kids then any other team in MIAA. MSJ is next and got a lot of young talent with offers. I don’t see Spalding LBs & secondary keeping up with MSJ speed. We’ll see what happens but I think CHC is down and Gilman way down for sure.

You could be right, they definitely have three great players. But from what I’m told, Spalding is definitely the team to beat. D1 offered kids don’t matter. Spalding never has that many. Is Umbarger even starting at Spalding at QB? I was told the Tutas kid started against GC and lite them up! Are they playing two QB’s and putting Umbarger at WR? Or is he hurt again?

#80 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

You could be right, they definitely have three great players. But from what I’m told, Spalding is definitely the team to beat. D1 offered kids don’t matter. Spalding never has that many. Is Umbarger even starting at Spalding at QB? I was told the Tutas kid started against GC and lite them up! Are they playing two QB’s and putting Umbarger at WR? Or is he hurt again?

Saw the film both played. They did give GC problems. So I would say Spalding has to be a favorite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=