Photo

2018 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
1395 replies to this topic

#21 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

@Codbeard, if the MIAA had informed SFA in December of its other schools’collective decision not to play them the SFA coaching staff may have not needed to schedule Silver Oak at all. I feel that decision was maliciously done to sabotage SFA’s season. Btw, Silver Oak has arguably one of the best schedules in the state of Maryland this season. Some good programs have Silver Oak on their schedules.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#22 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

@Codbeard, if the MIAA had informed SFA in December of its other schools’collective decision not to play them the SFA coaching staff may have not needed to schedule Silver Oak at all. I feel that decision was maliciously done to sabotage SFA’s season. Btw, Silver Oak has arguably one of the best schedules in the state of Maryland this season. Some good programs have Silver Oak on their schedules.

I agree with you 100% Guru! 

#23 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

In Baltimore County, it will be the usual suspects....Milford, Franklin and Dundalk...

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:44 AM

In Baltimore County, it will be the usual suspects....Milford, Franklin and Dundalk...

What happened with Hereford? They were a consistent power for awhile.

#25 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

I like what I've been seeing at Woodlawn during 7 on 7. Now if they have the guys in the trenches to match their skills... WATCH OUT !

East

Coast

Fan

#26 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Dundalk has 2 good years and now they’re “usual suspects”? They were 5-5 last year...

I would bet Perry Hall, Parkville, Hereford, Overlea and Chesapeake would beg to differ

#27 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

The 1A and 2A schools in Baltimore County are on a level below the big schools....I really don't compare them much anymore...Dundalk has a lot returning and some decent transfers.  Perry Hall..Ill give you that.

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#28 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

No need to give me anything, records speak for themselves. Perry Hall and Parkville both had better seasons. To try to predict what will happen this season is impossible, but going by last season Dundalk would be in the bottom half of Baltimore County Div 1

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:56 AM

PressBox: Edgewood Aims To Build On Last Year's Surprising Success
https://www.pressbox...prising-success

#30 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Edgewood will likely be even better this season, with the addition of a 3rd Banks and a transfer from Towson.

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

PressBox: Westminster Football Looking To Build On Last Year's Success
https://www.pressbox...t-years-success

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:52 AM

Baltimore Sun: State finalists Dunbar, Milford Mill set high goals once again as football practice begins

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Baltimore Sun: McDonogh, Gilman taking shape under new head football coaches

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

PressBox: 2018 High School Football Preview
http://www.pressboxo...ootball-preview

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Balt Sun: Catonsville's all-time leading rusher Maybin takes over as new head coach for Comets

Balt Sun: Glenelg running back Wande Owens commits to Yale
http://www.baltimore...0813-story.html

#36 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

I have no problem with SFA or them having a schedule. They should have went INDY a couple of years ago when Biff came and was going to try and buy a MNC team then they may not be in this mess IMO.. Scheduling Silver Oak is ludicrous especially when your stated mission is to win a MNC

Biff poggi (@BiffPoggi) · Twitter
https://twitter.com/BiffPoggi
Thank u and good wishes to all of our friends in MIAA A football It has been an honor to compete against u all and meet so many friends.Best to all the coaches and wonderful kids. We go onward to our goal to win a National Championship.If we do- you are part of us
8 hours ago · Twitter

#37 Meth007

Meth007
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Who are the teams to look out for?
Sleepers?
Top 5 publics?

#38 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:02 PM

I’ll make an uneducated guess. Dunbar, Wise, Howard, Damascus and Linganore are the top publics this year. I have no clue about possible sleepers.

#39 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

Two marquee games take place this weekend on ESPNU. Tonight at 9pm, Mater Dei (CA) takes on Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) and on Saturday at 7pm, DeMatha meets St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale. I’d have preferred to see St. John’s play SFA this weekend instead of DEM/STA but both games should still should be exciting. GA, what’s the spread on the games?

#40 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

I’ll make an uneducated guess. Dunbar, Wise, Howard, Damascus and Linganore are the top publics this year. I have no clue about possible sleepers.

Sleeper: Woodlawn

East

Coast

Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=